The Daily Pwice

Comments

• Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Changing the subject slightly and I know this is an old story, but if this is true, why does she want to relegate Harvey to a cabin in the garden when he's older?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-price-disabled-harvey-will-live-1351932
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Changing the subject slightly and I know this is an old story, but if this is true, why does she want to relegate Harvey to a cabin in the garden when he's older?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-price-disabled-harvey-will-live-1351932

From the sound of it,she's not "relegating" him anywhere.
    Obviously I have no idea about what her true intentions may be,but perhaps she was thinking that when he is an adult he might like his own space,for privacy or possibly to encourage him to feel as independent as possible subject to the limits of his condition.
    It's hardly as though she's chucking him out and making him sleep in the garden shed is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously I have no idea about what her true intentions may be,but perhaps she was thinking that when he is an adult he might like his own space,for privacy or possibly to encourage him to feel as independent as possible subject to the limits of his condition.
    It's hardly as though she's chucking him out and making him sleep in the garden shed is it?

And I've never said it did.

It seems odd when someone who appears to have such love and regard for a child and says he's 'going nowhere' wants him to be put up outside the confines of her house.
    He may want his own space when he grows up, but he'll never be capable of living alone because of his sight problems and his autism, so presumably if this idea of independent living comes to fruition she'll be making space for a carer as well. He'll never be independent as he needs 24 hour care and always will.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, that, exactly. I also, from other things she's said, think it's as much about creating an environment designed specifically to suit his particular needs where he's removed from things that distress/upset him - bright lights, noise, everyday hustle and bustle of ordinary life, that sort of thing. And of course he wouldn't be on his own, what a strange idea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I've never said it did.

It seems odd when someone who appears to have such love and regard for a child and says he's 'going nowhere' wants him to be put up outside the confines of her house.
    He may want his own space when he grows up, but he'll never be capable of living alone because of his sight problems and his autism, so presumably if this idea of independent living comes to fruition she'll be making space for a carer as well. He'll never be independent as he needs 24 hour care and always will.

Balls.
    That's like saying that someone who builds a self-contained Granny flat for an elderly relative is being selfish and uncaring because they don't want an old person in their house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balls.
    That's like saying that someone who builds a self-contained Granny flat for an elderly relative is being selfish and uncaring because they don't want an old person in their house.

Excuse me? Don't think there's any need for the attitude, especially when I've been perfectly polite to you. :mad:

A granny flat is usually attached to someone's house, not out in their back garden. And exactly where did I say KP was 'selfish' or 'uncaring'? :confused:
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balls.

Charming!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Yes, that, exactly. I also, from other things she's said, think it's as much about creating an environment designed specifically to suit his particular needs where he's removed from things that distress/upset him - bright lights, noise, everyday hustle and bustle of ordinary life, that sort of thing. And of course he wouldn't be on his own, what a strange idea.

That's pretty much what I got from it aswell, but I have a feeling that you, like me, have made the rudimentary mistake of failing to use this as a fantastic opportunity to berate and castigate KP for attempting to do something as evil and appalling as wanting to provide her child with a suitable living space for the rest of his life.
    Shame on us.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Charming!

Sorry:o
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I also think sadly it may also be due to Harvey's occasional violent outbursts. It was mentioned in last years Guardian article and also Junior mentioned it on one of Peter's shows and Peter tried to explain. Harvey's a big boy now and it will get harder as he gets older.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry:o

So you should be.
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with KP having Harvey in a granny flat type thing on her estate when he is older. I didn't think Harvey could be left alone but I'm guessing she will have round the clock care for him.
    I can't criticise her for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with KP having Harvey in a granny flat type thing on her estate when he is older. I didn't think Harvey could be left alone but I'm guessing she will have round the clock care for him.
    I can't criticise her for that.

Me neither if it was attached to the house, but that article makes it sound as if she's going to make him some kind of cabin away from it in the grounds.

I suppose time will tell if the story's true.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also think sadly it may also be due to Harvey's occasional violent outbursts. It was mentioned in last years Guardian article and also Junior mentioned it on one of Peter's shows and Peter tried to explain. Harvey's a big boy now and it will get harder as he gets older.

Well yes, that of course has to be a consideration. I'm just surprised that anyone needs that pointing out or sees something dubious in her creating a place designed to meet Harvey's changing needs. As KP said, she has to consider Junior and Princess and the quality/safety of their home environment too.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me neither if it was attached to the house, but that article makes it sound as if she's going to make him some kind of cabin away from it in the grounds.

What difference does it make if it's attached to the house or not.. He will still be living near her? Most people who go into supported living don't even live in the same town as their families
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    What difference does it make if it's attached to the house or not.. He will still be living near her
    It makes a big difference.
    He needs constant supervision as it is & when bigger & older will still need it just as much & possibly even more. Somewhere away from the house is NOT acceptable unless she puts someone at one of her windows watching his "cabin" through binoculars. Any independence given to him needs to be within her home.....his own bedroom & living area. Or in sheltered accommodation under 24 hr supervision.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What difference does it make if it's attached to the house or not.. He will still be living near her? Most people who go into supported living don't even live in the same town as their families

Aww, thats a shame. I would want my child close, so kudos to KP.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    He needs constant supervision as it is & when bigger & older will still need it just as much & possibly even more. Somewhere away from the house is NOT acceptable unless she puts someone at one of her windows watching his "cabin" through binoculars. Any independence given to him needs to be within her home.....his own bedroom & living area. Or in sheltered accommodation under 24 hr supervision.

How rediculous..he will be supported in his own home..to enable him to have an independant life.. This won't happen until he is an adult..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Aww, thats a shame. I would want my child close, so kudos to KP.

Sadly SIDS it depends what placement is available .. Most want to be as close to family as poss but it's not always possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well yes, that of course has to be a consideration. I'm just surprised that anyone needs that pointing out or sees something dubious in her creating a place designed to meet Harvey's changing needs. As KP said, she has to consider Junior and Princess and the quality/safety of their home environment too.

I think building a purpose built home for Harvey on her land is brilliant.. This will enable him to have an independant life yet still be in touch with his family daily..
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's pretty much what I got from it aswell, but I have a feeling that you, like me, have made the rudimentary mistake of failing to use this as a fantastic opportunity to berate and castigate KP for attempting to do something as evil and appalling as wanting to provide her child with a suitable living space for the rest of his life.
    Shame on us.:rolleyes:

Schoolgirl error there AS. :)

Absolutely agree Lexi.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having him close is such a good idea, it doesn't have to be adjoining though as he will be living with support. I think for the other children's sake he will be better slightly away as the noise that teenagers make - loud music etc might be better contained away from Harvey with his noise issues.
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Time will tell. No doubt if KP is still in the media she will let us know all about it.

There's a thought. Jordan being in her 40s and 50s and still being in the media!:eek:
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janna wrote: »

I don't for one minute imagine she's going to put him in a wooden hut. She probably means a cabin like this....

http://www.cabinliving.co.uk/loghouse.asp?action=view&cabin=Lugarde%20Lyon&ident=167&range=
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't for one minute imagine she's going to put him in a wooden hut. She probably means a cabin like this....

http://www.cabinliving.co.uk/loghouse.asp?action=view&cabin=Lugarde%20Lyon&ident=167&range=

Looks lovely ..wouldn't mind a place like that myself
This discussion has been closed.