✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    you're right all this time i've been going to the effort of caps locking :o
    :D:D:D;)
  • Fink-NottleFink-Nottle Posts: 60,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh no i envisaged you up all night but hoped some miracle occurred and you got some chill out time....

....not quite i've been rationing myself because i'm so near the end and i don't want it to finish!!!!:o

Don't know about chill-out time but I was distracted in the games room!
    ps just reading your speech at Market Snodsbury Grammar School.....:D

Under the influence! There are Jeeves dramatisations on iplayer at the moment; listened to one this morning with Richard Briers and Michael Hordern.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D;)

assume you are watching Pink Floyd night.....:D
    Forum Member

Under the influence! There are Jeeves dramatisations on iplayer at the moment; listened to one this morning with Richard Briers and Michael Hordern.

i'm sure you are in great demand come prize giving season....:D
  • Fink-NottleFink-Nottle Posts: 60,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm sure you are in great demand come prize giving season....:D

You could not prise me away!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All safely recorded/ing and on in the background as well, even though I've seen it all before. Everyone else has left the room :D, so I've got the telly to myself for once (though in Mrs S's case she's still rather poorly and gone to bed ages ago, she's a Floyd fan and wouldn't normally miss it).

Actually I'm most looking forward to the clip of Caravan on 'Prog at the BBC' at 12.35. I love that bands early material as much as Floyd (anyone who wants to try it, start with 'In the Land of Grey and Pink' - the whole side of an album title track. If you like that, you'll like pretty well everything they've done).
    ҉҉
    Oh for a headbanded smiley with spliff. ؎:D
    Forum Member
    All safely recorded/ing and on in the background as well, even though I've seen it all before. Everyone else has left the room :D, so I've got the telly to myself for once (though in Mrs S's case she's still rather poorly and gone to bed ages ago, she's a Floyd fan and wouldn't normally miss it).

Actually I'm most looking forward to the clip of Caravan on 'Prog at the BBC' at 12.35. I love that bands early material as much as Floyd (anyone who wants to try it, start with 'In the Land of Grey and Pink' - the whole side of an album title track. If you like that, you'll like pretty well everything they've done).
    ҉҉
    Oh for a headbanded smiley with spliff. ؎:D

nice emoticon work there sir looks like you've got an imminent flaming groovy about to occur....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I'm so flaming dim.
    Ð  ≈ 쏠 ☞ ☎
    So long since I really used it, I'd forgotten you can change the font in charmap in the box at the top - which shows all the fonts you have. I'd been using only the very limited options in the 'character set' box at the bottom.
    Not all the fonts work any different to the standard ones, the standard letters tend to default to the usual look when pasted, but loads of the symbols do work.
    So I reckon what I thought earlier is right - if Robin_Hartley1 put that odd smiley in from choosing it from a font that you don't have, you won't see it.

And to top it off, after 39 years I've only just realised that Floyd's 'One Of These Days' quotes the Doctor Who theme.
    I'm ready for that padded room, nurse. I'm so ashamed :o:o:o
    Forum Member
    Ð  ≈ 쏠 ☞ ☎
    So long since I really used it, I'd forgotten you can change the font in charmap in the box at the top - which shows all the fonts you have. I'd been using only the very limited options in the 'character set' box at the bottom.
    Not all the fonts work any different to the standard ones, the standard letters tend to default to the usual look when pasted, but loads of the symbols do work.
    So I reckon what I thought earlier is right - if Robin_Hartley1 put that odd smiley in from choosing it from a font that you don't have, you won't see it.

And to top it off, after 39 years I've only just realised that Floyd's 'One Of These Days' quotes the Doctor Who theme.

don't blame yourself you've been working very hard on very little cheese, that never works out well...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't blame yourself you've been working very hard on very little cheese, tat never works out well...
    :D:D
    but I made a lovely stilton, mushroom and pepper sauce with tea :confused:
    Bad news - I've just seen the advert for that new series 'Cathedrals' and the music for it is a Cocteau Twins track I avoid like the plague. Whenever I hear it significant things happen to turn my life upside down.
    I'd planned to avoid it until the last piece of music at my funeral :eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    :D:D
    but I made a lovely stilton, mushroom and pepper sauce with tea :confused:
    Bad news - I've just seen the advert for that new series 'Cathedrals' and the music for it is a Cocteau Twins track I avoid like the plague. Whenever I hear it significant things happen to turn my life upside down.
    I'd planned to avoid it until the last piece of music at my funeral :eek::eek::eek:

haven't seen the advert but i met Robin Guthrie and i was expecting him to be really grumpy and taciturn but he was lovely and greeted me like a long lost friend!!! which track is it (or can you not even bear to name it)?
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

I am!! Trying to decide if DSOTM is my fav having just heard Wish you were here ( well Shine On...)

And imagining dancing an Argentine Tango to Cymbeline
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody hell, you met RG! - you've done it to me again. Mind you, I doubt I could cope with meeting Liz Fraser. I physically trembled every time I saw them live. Extraordinary reaction, I've never felt it any other time.

The track's 'Lorelei' from 'Treasure', the only album I would kill for (and I don't think I'm joking).
    It's all so acheingly beautiful and sad and joyously happy beyond belief all at once. It goes somewhere that isn't earthly and feels something deeper than humanity and possibly dangerous as well as seductive.

I've made some of the most important decisions of my life to it, and one one occasion had it made for me. Some extraordinarily sad finales, some great beginnings, and nothing less than momentous each time. Perhaps it won't work this time, as I only heard a bit.

I made a copy of the cd without Lorelei, and that's the only one I'll play.
    I've always sworn if I won the lottery I would gather together everyone I know in Santorini and have the Cocteau Twins play on the cliffs at the end of the night.

FM! - I need to snap out of it before pseuds corner comes calling :D:D
    Forum Member
    Ð  ≈ 쏠 ☞ ☎

Don't be ashamed. I think that is the wonder of PF. Every so often I notice something and think - was that in there before? Did I notice it before?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trying to decide if DSOTM is my fav having just heard Wish you were here ( well Shine On...)
    Yep, that's the eternal problem.
    And imagining dancing an Argentine Tango to Cymbeline
    I can almost imagine the image, although it would have to be on a very stark, bleak mountainside in washed out greys except for the red dressed dancer. Think I'll keep that image, thanks :)
    I still remember the first time I heard that track, on John Peel's late night 'Night Ride' show long before the album came out. It was a different version to what we know, from early mixes, and very cold and distant in comparison.
    Always loved the Dr Strange line (it's the comic geek :o).
    Forum Member
    Yep, that's the eternal problem.

I can almost imagine the image, although it would have to be on a very stark, bleak mountainside in washed out greys except for the red dressed dancer. Think I'll keep that image, thanks :)
    I still remember the first time I heard that track, on John Peel's late night 'Night Ride' show long before the album came out. It was a different version to what we know, from early mixes, and very cold and distant in comparison.
    Always loved the Dr Strange line (it's the comic geek :o).

Its a good image although fictional - AT doesn't really lend itself to mountainsides . Needs a nice slidey flat surface for all that swiveling. However I think the image of your mind's eye pretty well exists. I am trying to find it
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell, you met RG! - you've done it to me again. Mind you, I doubt I could cope with meeting Liz Fraser. I physically trembled every time I saw them live. Extraordinary reaction, I've never felt it any other time.

The track's 'Lorelei' from 'Treasure', the only album I would kill for (and I don't think I'm joking).
    It's all so acheingly beautiful and sad and joyously happy beyond belief all at once. It goes somewhere that isn't earthly and feels something deeper than humanity and possibly dangerous as well as seductive.

I've made some of the most important decisions of my life to it, and one one occasion had it made for me. Some extraordinarily sad finales, some great beginnings, and nothing less than momentous each time. Perhaps it won't work this time, as I only heard a bit.

I made a copy of the cd without Lorelei, and that's the only one I'll play.
    I've always sworn if I won the lottery I would gather together everyone I know in Santorini and have the Cocteau Twins play on the cliffs at the end of the night.

FM! - I need to snap out of it before pseuds corner comes calling :D:D

not quite sure what i've done but i do apologise :o

oh that track ALWAYS takes me back to being about 17 and driving across sussex in the middle of the night!!!

i think you should be safe with just a clip though!! it surely can't have the full magic behind it....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However I think the image of your mind's eye pretty well exists.
    I think that too - it seems a bit Kate Bush-like or something, and has very little graphics other than the dancer. :confused:
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,748
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: Username Silliness (Part 2)
This discussion has been closed.