Does anyone prefer Winter?

Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I suffer from dark moods so I guess I feel happier in the Winter when it's dark and cold so I'm at par with everyone else.. In Summer when it's bright and happy I'm at my worst..

Comments

• bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    I prefer winter because I am a winter baby, I love the snowy scenery, the spirit of Christmas, the anticipation of a New Year and the beauty and freshness of Spring. ;-)
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winter is more likely to make you feel depressed, it's cold, wet dark and dismal and generally a bit shit. I like spring when things start to come back to life.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winter is more likely to make you feel depressed, it's cold, wet dark and dismal and generally a bit shit. I like spring when things start to come back to life.

You just described depression
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    You just described depression

Maybe winter is depression/depression is winter. You get up and it's dark and it's cold, you go outside and the wind bites your face and then it rains and then you slip on the ice. A couple of hours of grim grey dingy daylight and then it's dark again. Winter is just not particularly enjoyable and there is a good reason for people being miserable at this time of year, it's the lack of vitamin D from the sun

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/vitamin-d-deficiency

People generally are a lot happier in spring/summer and it's no coincidence really.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. It's easier to run in winter.
  • boniverboniver Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preferred winter when I was a child. Snow and Christmas made it the most fun time of year.

As an adult though not so much. It's the darkness and all the lurgies going around that I hate.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I like the seasons equally but in different ways.

The winter does bring it's own sense of beauty and romanticism to it.

The summer does have a sense of liveliness and exuberance. I love running in both seasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I think I like the seasons equally but in different ways.

The winter does bring it's own sense of beauty and romanticism to it.

The summer does have a sense of liveliness and exuberance. I love running in both seasons.

I love running all year round but winter and Autumn are easier. Although Berlin training will be in the summer months so I may get used to it.

Personally I can stand any kind of weather as long as it's dry (when not running).
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Autumn, I really like Winter, I like Spring, I detest Summer.
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Love summer never too hot for me, winter dark cold depressing, if i could i would leave the uk in winter time
  • hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    I prefer summer when its warm
    I don't like the cold.
    In fact...right now im shivering with a blanket around me.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to, but not since I've been homeless no.
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I normally like Winter. But right now it just feels cold and damp and I'd rather be warm.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind dry cold but freezing rain/sleet/wind is miserable.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Homeless enough to use the Internet?
  • hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member

And heres me paying for the internet like the fool I am.
    At least if I become homeless I know theres internet hope.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My perfect weather is 'neutral', where I barely notice the temperature.

So no, I don't like winter. Why anyone would enjoy being bitterly cold eludes me, but each to their own.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I love winter, I don't like summer. I get too hot and sweaty in summer which makes me horribly uncomfortable and puts me in a foul mood.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    My perfect weather is 'neutral', where I barely notice the temperature.

So no, I don't like winter. Why anyone would enjoy being bitterly cold eludes me, but each to their own.

That's why I prefer it. If you're cold you can add more layers. If you're too warm you can't walk around naked.
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winter isn't remotely depressing. I find this the most uplifting time of year. The only thing which spoils it for me is the thought that it will be over much too quickly.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind the cold or the wind and I love bright, frosty mornings. Snow is a nuisance but I forgive for the way it transforms everything.

What I can't bear is the endless gloom we seem to have at the moment and the shortness of the days. I like to spend time out of doors and am lucky to be surrounded by lovely countryside, but I hardly see it at this time of year because it's dark by the time I leave work.

It's been so dull here the last couple of weeks that it seems to be leaching the life and colour out of everything. I'm consoling myself with the fact that in a couple of weeks, the days will start getting longer again.
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as well that lighter evenings start on 14th December then. Only 8 more evenings of earlier sunsets.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find that by August/September, I'm longing for some cold, frosty weather. Mind you, by February I'm wishing the summer would hurry up....
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that bothers me about winter is the cost of the fuel bills.
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would love to have Spring all year round. Days not too long or short, lots of colour in the gardens from all the daffodils and tulips etc. and reasonably warm, but not hot, weather. Sort of equatorial without the heat.