Options

Choosing a new mobile. Help please!

lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm behind with the times and need help. :o I'm looking at getting a new mobile but I'm undecided. Do I go for a Nokia 7250i or a 6600? Or would a Sony be better?

Also, can you transfer photos that you take on your camera on to your pc?

Please help!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lots2do wrote:
    I'm behind with the times and need help. :o I'm looking at getting a new mobile but I'm undecided. Do I go for a Nokia 7250i or a 6600? Or would a Sony be better?

Also, can you transfer photos that you take on your camera on to your pc?

Please help!

Yes you can you transfer photos that you take on your camera on to your pc by using a blue tooth and make shure the phone is a blue tooth access. :eek:
  • Options
    WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Yes, you can transfer them, either by buying a bluetooth dongle (wireless) or a transfer cable.

I've just got a Sony Erection k700 and i'm pretty pleased with it, the cameras ok. Personally i'd prefer the 6600, but thats cuz i don't like all these 'close together' buttons.

Both excellent phones tho
  • Options
    Tenacious PeeTenacious Pee Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why not look at the nokia either the nokia 6230, or the sony eric T630.

both have bluetooth, ive got the 6230 and i find it great, now i wish i got the t630 for the larger screen.
  • Options
    StormwatchStormwatch Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Although 7250i is a nice little phone, I would probably forget that as it is getting on a bit as far as phones go. Also golden rule shop around as there are many deals going from differant operators/shops also tell your current operator you are thinking of moving to another network and enquire about keeping your number and you may be suprised they could offer you a good deal to stay with them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    infra red can also be used to transfer photos and files
  • Options
    WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Yeh, most laptops have I/R or you can get adaptors i believe.

Still better off with bluetooth tho -quicker and cooler ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    May i suggest a Sony Ericsson T610. It isnt the best camera, but everything else is great.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sony Erricson K700 is great.
  • Options
    lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I have decided against the 7250i. However, on further investigation, I have put myself in a new dilema. :o

I cannot decide between the Nokia 6600 or 6230. What's best? Opinions welcome! :)
  • Options
    Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6600 is better for MP3's, [basic]photo editing and the like as it runs on the Symbian operating system so you can install your own programs, etc. It also accepts Memory Cards so you can store as many photos as you have cards for - which I don't think the 6230 does.

It is bigger, but not by a huge amount.

For me, there'd be no competition - 6600 every time!
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Cable wrote:
    6600 is better for MP3s
    Only if you have one ear. :)

(6600 = MP3 mono output, 6230 = MP3 stereo output)

If you want both stereo output and symbian, then I'd normally recommend the Siemens SX1, but you never find it in the shops.
  • Options
    DingerDinger Posts: 2,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 6230 and i cant tell you how good it is :D

pop into your nearest carphone warehouse, they have demo phones that you can try out, this should put you in a better place to decide which phone suits you better.

after you have tried them out, all u need to say is that you need some more time to make your mind up, if you dont want to buy right then.

Hope this helps

Dinger :)
  • Options
    DipsDips Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people are recommending the 6230 these days. I have had a 3650 for a year and while the key layout might be a bit annoying I really like the OS S60. So I don't know whether to step down to the 6230 or not. I probably will just to see what all the fuss is about.