Options

The sly trilogy

Comments

• Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or collect hour glasses though

It was a shame the hour glasses had no trophies related to them, it may have made the Platinum a little trickier.
  • Options
    frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
    Forum Member
    I might buy this. Do you have different levels that you can keep doing until you have collected everything, and then move on to the next?

It's either this, or NFS Hot...
  • Options
    FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May pick up Sly this evening if I can get the shops in time. Anyone know the prices on the high street? And, at a stretch, gForce in Glasgow?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frailfury wrote: »
    I might buy this. Do you have different levels that you can keep doing until you have collected everything, and then move on to the next?

Yes, you can revisit old levels to finish off the collectibles in that level.

For each level you have to find a Key (Main goal), xx amount of hidden clue bottles to open the safe (For additional moves) and a speed run. The Keys are the only thing you need to progress in the game.

That is only Sly 1 though, Just started Sly 2 last night and that has a more open feel to the game, I am in a mini sandbox world getting missions to do around that world (But I am only an hour in so its hard to judge really).

Not even touched Sly 3 yet. Great package if these are you sort of games.
    May pick up Sly this evening if I can get the shops in time. Anyone know the prices on the high street? And, at a stretch, gForce in Glasgow?

Avoid HMV, it was £40 when I looked on Boxing Day :eek:

I couldn't even find it in GAME or Gamestation so ordered mine from Play the end.

RRP is £30
  • Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Got mine for £30 in GAME today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got mine for £30 in GAME today.

How do you afford so many games at your age?! Seriously...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How do you afford so many games at your age?! Seriously...

My dad bought for me. I'm giving him fallout in return;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My dad bought for me. I'm giving him fallout in return;)

Like father like...brother eh...:rolleyes:

You just seem to have all the latest games, you rich or somet?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Like father like...brother eh...:rolleyes:

You just seem to have all the latest games, you rich or somet?!

Not rich... I wish. We always have the latest games because we trade in our blockbuster, only costs us £9.99 that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not rich... I wish. We always have the latest games because we trade in our blockbuster, only costs us £9.99 that way.

Do you keep games you like though?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you keep games you like though?

Games I like I keep. If they have no replay value or I don't like them they get the chop, to pay towards other games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sly Trilogy - £12...delivered

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SLY-TRILOGY-SONY-PS3-/150545451840?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item230d354b40

Depends if you're fussy about cases, manuals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After playing this for a few hours, I can honestly say you do not realise how glad I am to play a proper platform game again. It is really good, and comes very highly recommended from me:)
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Sly Trilogy - £12...delivered

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SLY-TRILOGY-SONY-PS3-/150545451840?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item230d354b40

Depends if you're fussy about cases, manuals.

is this legal can sony do anything about me playing this ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After playing this for a few hours, I can honestly say you do not realise how glad I am to play a proper platform game again. It is really good, and comes very highly recommended from me:)

Really? Might get it then!
  • Options
    OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

x2 brilliant stuff :D
  • Options
    FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't even see it in HMV, everywhere else was shut. I'll just get it from Shopto or Amazon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    is this legal can sony do anything about me playing this ?

These are discs that reviewers get given. They are licenced so wouldn't see a problem. However they seem to sell close to the normal price so I'd just buy a retail copy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just bought it.

Need to keep off these forums...this weekend I've bought Black Ops and Sly, all down to seeing threads on them here!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just bought it.

Need to keep off these forums...this weekend I've bought Black Ops and Sly, all down to seeing threads on them here!

So sending you a need for speed link is a bad idea:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So sending you a need for speed link is a bad idea:p

I really don't think racing games are for me. I tried Blur, didn't get on with it. Not really into cars. It was either Sly or NFS, and Sly won it!
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wasn't tempted till i just read this. I played one of them on the ps2.

What is your favourite platformer though and how old are you? Your answers will determine if this is a purchase for me or not :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

What is your favourite platformer though and how old are you? Your answers will determine if this is a purchase for me or not :)

Fave platformer is crash bandicoot. I'm 16.

Seriously good games:)
  • Options
    OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My all time favourite is Banjo-Kazooie but was also a big fan of the Spyro & Crash series back in PSOne. I'm 25.

This games is awesome: Good humour, sound, graphics & variation in gameplay with racing, shooting etc

Also frustrating as hell, need to try & find the vault that makes you immune to dying when falling in water! AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! :mad:

I've only unlocked 2 special moves so far; the dive attack & slow motion jump & I'm only in the 3rd area. Got the hospital tomorrow so will be a bit wasted so will give it a miss tomorrow but my wife's back to work on Tuesday so I'll get fired into it then :D

Anyone tried the minigames with Move? Not had a go yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed Sly1 but the second game is so much better, I wasn't expecting it to be as much of an improvement over the first. it makes the first game feel like a prologue.

I really like the variety of gameplay offer above the expected platforming sections, a bit of driving, some shooting ect.

And getting to play as th other members of the team is pretty cool and means you have to rethink you approach to a level when using a character without all the moves Sly has.

My favorite platformers include: Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario 64, Ratchet and Clank.

I am 31.

Seriously good collection IMHO,