Doctor Who - Your first stories.

2»

Comments

• JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Am feeling old.;-)

Yeah tell me about it, I can remember sitting down to watch The Five Doctors whilst eating my fish fingers and chips thinking wow 20 years!!! This programme is so old!!!

Then last year watching Day io the Doctor, could barely comprehend that it was that 20 years plus another 10, since The Five Doctors, it seemed and seems just like yesterday.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jethryk wrote: »
    Yeah tell me about it, I can remember sitting down to watch The Five Doctors whilst eating my fish fingers and chips thinking wow 20 years!!! This programme is so old!!!

Then last year watching Day io the Doctor, could barely comprehend that it was that 20 years plus another 10, since The Five Doctors, it seemed and seems just like yesterday.

Ditto that!

20 years seemed like such a milestone back then but pales into insignificance next to last year. The other thing that I am amazed at now is the merchandising. Even back in its Classic heyday there was never as much merchandise as there is today, even for the 20th. I think the only big thing that came out back then was the Peter Haining book. Back then you could pretty much collect as much as there is, now you need to remortgage your house to be able to collect everything there is.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Am feeling old.;-)

Heh. Know what you mean! Still, that feeling is compensated by the fact that so many of these young whippersnappers are into the programme. After 1989 and the "well, that's it." feeling, it's still a constant source of delight to me that Who returned to entrance a whole new generation. The very fact that I'll be chatting with my sister and nieces about the Christmas Special and Capaldi and Series 8 when they visit on boxing day just makes me :) .
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) The Sea Devils
    2) Was either The Daemons or Curse of Fenric
    3) The Five Doctors
    4) Tomb of the Cybermen
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    1) The first Doctor Who story you ever saw?
    My first memory is being at my grandma's house and a scene from Genesis of the Daleks was on TV, the bit where the Doctor's getting fried by the electric fence at the base of the Thaal rocket. I remember it scaring me because it looked painful and I was imagining what it would have felt like. Think I was about 7 at the time.

2) The first story you owned on video?
    The first one I bought was Seeds of Death as I had seen hardly anything of Patrick Troughton up to that point (apart from his appearance in Five Doctors) so when I was starting my own collection I got any story of his I could find.

3) The first story you owned on DVD?
    Talons of Weng-Chiang. I recorded this from UK Gold and it became one of my absolute favourites. So when videos were on the way out and DVDs were coming in, this story was my top priority to get in the DVD format.

4) The oldest story you have owned in any format?
    I recorded Planet of the Daleks off the TV I think in 1993. I had that video until it was no longer playable and had some weird growth/fungus on it.