• Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister used to sing "Eating Trifle". :D
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Michael Jackson, Bidet. I could never work out why he was so interested in feminine hygiene.

The Police, Massage in a brothel.
  • Options
    BlackmantaBlackmanta Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Al Stewart - Time Passages......... Prime Sausages
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    This may be one of my favourite misheards, ever :D

Why I thought it would even be logical for that to be the lyric is beyond me, but even now when I hear that song my head sings "your mothers got me horny, she's on her trampoline"

Another one I mishear is Empire State of Mind - Alicia Keys. The real lyric is:
    "Seeing my face in lights or my name in marquees found down on Broadway"

I hear " seeing my face in lights or my name on monkeys found down on broadway"
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoJo, Too Little Too Late was about when José Mourinho was first manager of Chelsea...

Kept hearing the line "José, you tread on my face" :eek:

http://youtu.be/HzIQGUIxzE8?t=1m17s

Not quite the same but I have a tendency to mix up football lyrics with the real ones, it's not uncommon for me to sing, "Low lie the fields of Athenry where once we watched the King Kenny play."
  • Options
    AndradAndrad Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Hermans Hermits `Silhouette`

Back in 1968 when I use to listen to this song on the radio I misheard `let me in or else i`ll lean down your door` as `let me in or else i`ll` wee down your door`. Still sounds like it, to me, when I hear it now.:)
  • Options
    xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T'Pau's Heart And Soul has the line "Give a little bit of heart and soul", and I used to somehow mishear it as "Come here every weekend". :o
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Live and Let Die, the line "In the ever changing world in which we're living" gets misheard as "in which we live in" quite a lot. I don't think McCartney will care a lot.
  • Options
    LibrarywitchLibrarywitch Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Coldplay's Clocks where he sings "I could not stop that you now know singing" but I'm convinced he actual sings"I could not stop the tuna moan singing" I always wondered why a tuna fish would be moaning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coldplay's Clocks where he sings "I could not stop that you now know singing" but I'm convinced he actual sings"I could not stop the tuna moan singing" I always wondered why a tuna fish would be moaning!
    I think if a tuna fish knew it was going to be killed and eaten, it would be more than bound to be moaning! :D
  • Options
    LibrarywitchLibrarywitch Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    xp95 wrote: »
    I think if a tuna fish knew it was going to be killed and eaten, it would be more than bound to be moaning! :D

:D:D I don't know, if it thought it was going to have to listen to Chris Martin singing, it would probably go willingly to its death!
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the days before I knew who Fred Astaire was, the band James released a song mentioning him and I thought it was about Freddie Starr!
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnbee wrote: »
    In Live and Let Die, the line "In the ever changing world in which we're living" gets misheard as "in which we live in" quite a lot. I don't think McCartney will care a lot.
    I thought that was the lyric, til I read your post! :o:D
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any song by any rap artist. I can understand maybe one word in 10.

Yes, I'm very old.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I first heard Daft Punk's "Get Lucky", I misheard it as "Mexican mucky". :D
  • Options
    Mr__XMr__X Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Taio Cruz - Dynamite

"I throw my hands up in the air sometimes, saying Ayo - Galileo"

Should be:

"I throw my hands up in the air sometimes, saying Ayo - Gotta let go"
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mishear almost every single word in Dexys Midnight Runners:
    Come on Eileen.
    http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/dexysmidnightrunners/comeoneileen.html
    Whenever I see the lyrics in isolation, I don't recognise them.

Apart from 'Come on Eileen' and 'tooralooratooraloorayay' :o
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
    Real: "Pissing the night away"
    Misheard: "Piss in the microwave"

Your version's better!

I thought the Kinks' Sunny Afternoon referred to "Tales of drunkenness and croquet", which gives a very different image from "drunkenness and cruelty".
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The line in Whenever, Wherever by Shakira, "Lucky that my breasts are small and humble so you don't confuse them with mountains" would have made a brilliant misheard lyric if it weren't what she actually sang!
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Inspired by another thread :) . Are there any songs in particular of which you always thought you knew the lyrics, but had them wrong?

Me, I always used to think in the Aerosmith song 'Dude Looks Like a Lady', they were singing 'Do it like a lady'.

ABBA's 'Dancing Queen' has the line 'diggin' the dancing queen', which I always thought was 'dig it, the dancing queen'.

The Wheatus song 'Teenage Dirtbag' contains the line 'he drives an IROC'... I always thought it was 'he drives and I rock' or 'walk' - I had no idea there was a car called an 'IROC'!

When I was young I also always thought that Kate Bush was singing 'Out on the wily, windy moors' rather than 'wild and windy moors'!
    The Dancing Queen still bugs me whenever I happen to hear it, you have it as 'diggin' the dancing queen, but I hear it as.. 'dig is the Dancing Queen', think that 'diggin' would sound better. :D

There's one other old song by Little Richard, which sounds very dodgy, as he seems to repeat a swear word right through it to the appreciation of the audience, as they are heard as well. It could be quite innocent but hard to make out.
  • Options
    emjemj Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    In Set The Fire to the Third Bar - Snow Patrol, I always hear the line 'Until exhausted close our eyelids' as 'Until exhausted clothes are ironed' - every time!
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great Thread, laughter-a-second. Ma eyes worn out from laughter, so going to bed. But thread got me thinking re the singers in XF and will listen carefully to the words when they sing. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nirvana's Come As You Are.
    Real lyric: And I swear That I don't have a Gun.
    Misheard Lyric: And I smell and I don't have a Gun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABBA

I was sick and tired of everything
    When I called you last night from Tesco

and

Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight
    Take me to the doctors at the break of the day