Vera

12346»

Comments

• BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ]"I quite liked Vera's little grin to herself when she walked away at the end after realising she could still pull, even though she turned the fella down."

I was totally convinced that he was the villain and would have been involved in the smuggling operation
    Doh !
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really liked the episode, though i got a feeling the murderer is the one who wasn't given a "moment" yet, lolz. ;-)

brenda blethyn is very watchable and i like how she really understands the drama in a particular scene.
  • Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Vera. I already have the first two series on DVD and Have ordered series 3 and 4 which are on the way. Delighted there will be a Series 5 in 2015
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Vera and she is true to her character in the books. She does look a bit like a bag lady but what's wrong with that? We don't always have to have the main character dressed in designer gear with flawless hair and make up. She makes a perfect contrast to the eye candy that is David Leon.
  • primosprimosprimosprimos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    Was it really necessary for the programme announcer to give us a warning of the aftermath of dear hunting. No warning about a dead human though. The dear thing wasn't even gory anyway. It seems like there's warning for everything these days. Warning flash photography warning strong language warning bright colours warning short people :confused:

We're just getting Season 4 here across the pond, and I happen to love Vera. Sorry, don't agree with any of the criticisms.

As to the deer shooting, it was nice to see, for a change, a blurb at the end that said: no animals were harmed during filming. Now, I don't know if that means they went to a game animal slaughterhouse and hauled in a bunch of real dead animals, but supposedly they didn't kill all those game animals for the sake of one episode.

We didn't get the aftermath warning here.
  • primosprimosprimosprimos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked Vera's little grin to herself when she walked away at the end after realising she could still pull, even though she turned the fella down. I was baffled by the behaviour of the victim's 'other woman' though. He'd just been revealed as the real killer of her son and she'd also found out that the purchase of their new house had fallen through and he hadn't told her, likely because he was patching things up with his estranged wife and didn't really see a future with her.

So she went to throw lilies tenderly on the water at the spot where he'd died. I think most people would just stand at the bank and fume over the fact they couldn't dance on it.

Quite right. I know I would. Add to that the fact that she has to now be a single working mother, although yes she was a participant in the pregnancy.

And so very yes on Vera smiling to herself as she walks away. Nice touch. I found this a very good episode.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing Owen as her new assistant when Joe leaves. She can do a turnabout on her workforce from pretty young things to older things. Bring on all the very good actors from New Tricks who were dumped in favor of lesser characters. I've read that even Waterman has had enough.
  • Walt HamWalt Ham Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I realise this an old and sleepy thread - I enjoy Vera (2023) but what puzzles me is how they manage to have photos on the police office wallboard of everyone - victim, relatives, colleagues, friends, whoever. I don't think the police would tend to take a picture of everyone they speak to.
  • SATMSATM Posts: 3,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walt Ham wrote: »
    I realise this an old and sleepy thread - I enjoy Vera (2023) but what puzzles me is how they manage to have photos on the police office wallboard of everyone - victim, relatives, colleagues, friends, whoever. I don't think the police would tend to take a picture of everyone they speak to.

There is a current thread:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2301292/vera-new-series/p22
  • Walt HamWalt Ham Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SATM wrote: »
    Walt Ham wrote: »

There is a current thread:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2301292/vera-new-series/p22

Thanks, missed that!
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV showing series 11 ep 4 which seemed to be filmed after the pandemic as there’s a little social distancing.

Wonder when the next series is being released.
  • SenlacJackSenlacJack Posts: 3,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you not read the post directly above yours Occy ?
  • Samantha_IsaacsSamantha_Isaacs Posts: 195,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the Christmas episode
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can’t wait for S13
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confirmed two long episodes for 2025 https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1867155/Vera-Brenda-Blethyn-future-dci-stanhope-new-episodes

Obviously it takes sometime to make these shows, they not limiting them to two?
  • Samantha_IsaacsSamantha_Isaacs Posts: 195,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Confirmed two long episodes for 2025 https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1867155/Vera-Brenda-Blethyn-future-dci-stanhope-new-episodes

Maybe they're limiting because of Brenda's age
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would agree with that. I actually thought the final scenes of the current series were an indication that if it didn't happen to come back, it was a fitting enough end showing Vera passing the baton over to Joe. I genuinely think these two episodes are probably the end of the programme to be honest, although I really hope that I'm wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »

I would agree with that. I actually thought the final scenes of the current series were an indication that if it didn't happen to come back, it was a fitting enough end showing Vera passing the baton over to Joe. I genuinely think these two episodes are probably the end of the programme to be honest, although I really hope that I'm wrong.

Long interview some few years back she lives in Kent and having to stay away from home for 6 months filming. Reducing the work load probably still takes a couple of months to film.
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,812
    Forum Member
    Brenda Blethyn has confirmed today that the next series of Vera will be her last.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68875006