MP's & the Inquiry into Scottish Football.

steven walkingsteven walking Posts: 439
Forum Member
These jokers have basically sweet FA to do as it is due to the Scot Parly handling everything bar foreign relations,defence,DWP so they find time in their none too hectic schedule to set up a Westminster inquiry into football.

If there is not enough for the 50 jokers to entertain themselves at our expense then time there was another cull this time down to just 25 parasites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-18706453

Why are they even bothering as the football scene up here has been dire since the 70's

Comments

• HillmanImpHillmanImp Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should be allowed to drop one league - any more and that seems too much. lets hope someone somewhere sees sense.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    HillmanImp wrote: »
    they should be allowed to drop one league - any more and that seems too much. lets hope someone somewhere sees sense.

Have they actually got a full team?
  • steven walkingsteven walking Posts: 439
    Forum Member

I agree and it should be a matter for the relevant footy authorities to sort not a bunch of clueless MP's.
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Have they actually got a full team?

A few have said they are not transferring.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few have said they are not transferring.

I heard that Dunfermline was moving up to replace Rangers.
  • Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought it was going to be Dundee F.C..:confused:
    Forum Member
    Iqbal_M wrote: »
    I thought it was going to be Dundee F.C..:confused:

I heard the same about both teams, suffice to say its Glasgow Labour MP's who are pushing for the inquiry because they tried and failed to put pressure on the SPL to keep Rangers in the SPL.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These jokers have basically sweet FA to do as it is due to the Scot Parly handling everything bar foreign relations,defence,DWP so they find time in their none too hectic schedule to set up a Westminster inquiry into football.

If there is not enough for the 50 jokers to entertain themselves at our expense then time there was another cull this time down to just 25 parasites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-18706453

Why are they even bothering as the football scene up here has been dire since the 70's

Nah, its been dire ever since Alex Ferguson left Aberdeen for Man Utd in 1986.

Since then its been all about the "old firm" and the game has slowly died on its arse.

Best thing that could happen is Rangers in Division 3 and a more open and competitive premier league. Quite aside from anything else Rangers fans are a cancer on Scottish society and its long past time they made to eat some humble pie. I won't hold my breath like.
  • duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    Quite aside from anything else Rangers fans are a cancer on Scottish society and its long past time they made to eat some humble pie. I won't hold my breath like.

There's nothing like a well balanced viewpoint.................and that is NOTHING like a well balanced viewpoint!! :rolleyes:
  • cpu121cpu121 Posts: 5,330
    Forum Member
    Too much?

Firstly, Rangers no longer exist shortly when they enter liquidation. Some of the assets were sold to Sevco 5088 Limited and Sevco Scotland Limited. As it stands they're not a football club, let alone a member of a football league. So they can't be "dropped". As a precedent, Darlington were recently liquidated in England. Their newco, Darlington 1883 was only accepted by the ninth tier (4 divisions below the place held by the original Darlington FC).

Secondly, Rangers FC plc (in administration) brought the game into disrepute last season as a result of complete breakdown of corporate governance at the club. By entering administration, they screwed over several football clubs. They failed to pay the full £1million transfer fee to Rapid Vienna for Jelavic yet sold him onto Everton for £5 million and kept the proceeds. They were sanction for this through £160,000 fines and a transfer embargo. They further broke the rules by going to courts to try to overturn the transfer embargo.

Thirdly, RFC plc (iA) conducted deliberate wholesale tax evasion and fraud over a long period, depriving HMRC of £95 million in tax and penalties. That does not include the millions of more they failed to pay under Craig Whyte - because he was busy using it to fund the club.

Fourthly, they failed to declare these contractual EBT payments to the football authorities. As a result any player in this situation was improperly registered and thus ineligible to play. If a team fields a single ineligible player in a match then the match is awarded to their opponent as a 3-0 win. Due to the number of players, matches and seasons invovled, the old Rangers will face being stripped of titles.

Fifthly, Sevco 5088/Sevco Scotland do not meet the criteria to join the Scottish Football League, even SFL3. There are no guarantees that the club will be able to fulfil its fixtures next season.

And sixthly, although Sevoc 5088/Sevco Scotland have no history, they and their fans appear determined to adopt the previous violent, sectarian behaviour of Rangers FC plc (iA). Those associated with the club have sent death threats to officials and threatened to burn down the stadiums of other clubs.

Why would anyone want Sevco 5088/Sevco Scotland in Scottish football?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing like a well balanced viewpoint.................and that is NOTHING like a well balanced viewpoint!! :rolleyes:

It wasn't meant to be. I don't think Rangers fans appreciate how much they are loathed by the rest of the country, though I suspect the penny is beginning to drop.:D
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, such an important committee to have. I do hope that the MPs involved will drop all other commitments in order to attend.
  • clinchclinch Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea why it's a matter for politicians, it's for the football authorities to sort out - unpaid tax aside.
    As for where Rangers should play, I read that 80 or 90 per cent of Rangers' own supporters says the club should start again in Division 3.
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clinch wrote: »
    No idea why it's a matter for politicians,

Indeed - if they have no real work to do perhaps they need to be 'outsourced'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    MPs need to focus on more important issues, nothing here for them to discuss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    cpu121 wrote: »
    Too much?

Firstly, Rangers no longer exist shortly when they enter liquidation. Some of the assets were sold to Sevco 5088 Limited and Sevco Scotland Limited. As it stands they're not a football club, let alone a member of a football league. So they can't be "dropped". As a precedent, Darlington were recently liquidated in England. Their newco, Darlington 1883 was only accepted by the ninth tier (4 divisions below the place held by the original Darlington FC).

Secondly, Rangers FC plc (in administration) brought the game into disrepute last season as a result of complete breakdown of corporate governance at the club. By entering administration, they screwed over several football clubs. They failed to pay the full £1million transfer fee to Rapid Vienna for Jelavic yet sold him onto Everton for £5 million and kept the proceeds. They were sanction for this through £160,000 fines and a transfer embargo. They further broke the rules by going to courts to try to overturn the transfer embargo.

Thirdly, RFC plc (iA) conducted deliberate wholesale tax evasion and fraud over a long period, depriving HMRC of £95 million in tax and penalties. That does not include the millions of more they failed to pay under Craig Whyte - because he was busy using it to fund the club.

Fourthly, they failed to declare these contractual EBT payments to the football authorities. As a result any player in this situation was improperly registered and thus ineligible to play. If a team fields a single ineligible player in a match then the match is awarded to their opponent as a 3-0 win. Due to the number of players, matches and seasons invovled, the old Rangers will face being stripped of titles.

Fifthly, Sevco 5088/Sevco Scotland do not meet the criteria to join the Scottish Football League, even SFL3. There are no guarantees that the club will be able to fulfil its fixtures next season.

And sixthly, although Sevoc 5088/Sevco Scotland have no history, they and their fans appear determined to adopt the previous violent, sectarian behaviour of Rangers FC plc (iA). Those associated with the club have sent death threats to officials and threatened to burn down the stadiums of other clubs.

Why would anyone want Sevco 5088/Sevco Scotland in Scottish football?

Because their have been suggestions that 6 SPL clubs would go into administration if Rangers went into the third division. Even if that isn't the case their is no doubt that Scottish football would lose a lot of money and their would be a disastrous effect.
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fail to see what this has got to do with politicians.
  • duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    It wasn't meant to be. I don't think Rangers fans appreciate how much they are loathed by the rest of the country, though I suspect the penny is beginning to drop.:D

Think you'll find that the vast majority of people who have the misfortune to reside anywhere in the vicinity of football grounds loath all football fans irrespective of their team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack1 wrote: »
    Because their have been suggestions that 6 SPL clubs would go into administration if Rangers went into the third division. Even if that isn't the case their is no doubt that Scottish football would lose a lot of money and their would be a disastrous effect.

I think you'll find that's just spin and bluster. Look at it this way. What would happen if Rangers had a shocking season and ended up in the relegation spot?:rolleyes:

Accept the fact they went bust and the only way out for them was/is to start again from the bottom.

Given the strength of feeling among the supporters clubs of the SPL teams I think the SFA would be taking a much bigger risk re-admitting Rangers to the SPL.
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How do you know this will happen?
  • cpu121cpu121 Posts: 5,330
    Forum Member
    The only people who believe that are Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan, two corrupt officials who are using threat in the arsenal to bully Scottish football clubs.
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When Gretna went bust, they ended up back in the 3rd division. So if Rangers don't follow suit, it all smells a bit suspicious.

Looking at the details, Gretna were relegated in less than a month after they went into administration. Rangers' plight has been dragged out for five times as long, with still no resolution in sight. Money talks...
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cpu121 wrote: »
    The only people who believe that are Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan, two corrupt officials who are using threat in the arsenal to bully Scottish football clubs.

The pair of them are an absolute disgrace. Following the Sevco vote yesterday, there should've been a second vote - of no confidence in Doncaster.
  • Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/05/rangers-sfl-decision

And they find out about the league place the day after the Glorious Twelfth ... bad timing
  • clinchclinch Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems to be the SPL clubs that want Rangers in Division 1. Even the vast majority of Rangers fans want the club to start again in Division 3, which would be the right way to proceed - if, as they say, the SPL clubs' decision is based on integrity. Incidentally, as far as I am aware the original Celtic ceased to exist in 1994. They should also have started again in the bottom division.