EE Actors who don't get on in real life

conorm6824conorm6824 Posts: 127
Forum Member
With this huge storyline underway DTC has said all the cast will be involved it got me thinking with the amount of actors who have starred in the show over the years there must have been some fued's or people that didn't see eye to eye with eachother offscreen . I heard about the Jessie Wallace / Steve McFadden thing & the Shona McGarty/Melissa Suffield but was just wondering who else ?

Comments

• Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Me and June Brown.
    Forum Member
    Melissa Suffield and Madeline Duggan seem to have problems with their respective recasts Hetti Bywater and Jacqueline Jossa.
  • PlasticGobPlasticGob Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wendy Richard and the actor who played Arthur Fowler, or so I heard.
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melissa Suffield and Madeline Duggan seem to have problems with their respective recasts Hetti Bywater and Jacqueline Jossa.

Really? They seem happy with their successors?
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Supposedly Samantha Womack and Diane Parish have had words in the past. I suppose it's not really a big deal. Surely everyone works with people they don't like. It's awkward but I'm sure they're all professional enough to deal with it.
    Forum Member
    Really? They seem happy with their successors?

Comments were made a few weeks ago on Twitter from Melissa Suffield and Madeline Duggan, so I just presumed there was some problems there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ones I have heard in the past are Sam Womack and Maggie O'Neill hated each other so Maggie left earlier than expected and Janine ended up running over Danielle when it was envisioned to be Suzy...

Barbara Windsor thought Jesse Wallace was unprofessional so I guess thats where the Steve McFadden thing comes from too?

I have also heard that Gillian Taylforth hated Peter Dean and her 'skin would crawl' when she had to kiss him on screen :p
    Forum Member
    Maggie O'Neil (Suzy Branning) fell out with various cast members at EastEnders in her short time on the show including Rob Kanzinsky and Sam Womack, which resulted in her leaving the show when Diedrick Santer had a big story planned for her involving Archie Mitchell which subsequently was given to Janine Butcher (including her running down Danielle Jones and fleecing the Mitchells out of The Vic, only to be double crossed by Archie and become a suspect).
    Forum Member
    Ones I have heard in the past are Sam Womack and Maggie O'Neill hated each other so Maggie left earlier than expected and Janine ended up running over Danielle when it was envisioned to be Suzy...

Barbara Windsor thought Jesse Wallace was unprofessional so I guess thats where the Steve McFadden thing comes from too?

I have also heard that Gillian Taylforth hated Peter Dean and her 'skin would crawl' when she had to kiss him on screen :p

BIB - Oops, didn't see this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Apparently Leslie Grantham and Peter Dean (Den Watts & Pete Beale) hated each others guts. But then again apparently all of the cast hated Peter Dean apart from June Brown.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Numerous feuds on the EE set over the years, as other posters have mentioned.

The cast were however united in their utter hatred of Kathleen Hutchison, who was executive producer in 2004/5 for just four months. Hutchison allegedly tore up several months of scripting, ordered late-night reshoots and axed about 12 characters. Legend has it the cast cheered when they heard she was being sacked.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Leslie Grantham and Peter Dean (Den Watts & Pete Beale) hated each others guts. But then again apparently all of the cast hated Peter Dean apart from June Brown.

Aside from June Brown, Anita Dobson and Letitia Dean was there any cast member Leslie did like? he slagged like 50% of his current cast mates off in that webcam incident :o I bet being a fly on the wall that Monday morning was interesting! lol
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Jessie Wallace by all accounts only got on with Shane Richie and Charlie Brooks in her original stint, I imagine she has grown up since then though...
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Barbara Windsor hates Jessie Wallace so much that she refuses to work with her - hence why Kat only came back once BW had left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    Barbara Windsor hates Jessie Wallace so much that she refuses to work with her - hence why Kat only came back once BW had left.

According to Barbara, she and Jessie have since made up.

Steve McFadden however allegedly started a petition against her return in 2010. Might explain why they very rarely share scenes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aside from June Brown, Anita Dobson and Letitia Dean was there any cast member Leslie did like? he slagged like 50% of his current cast mates off in that webcam incident :o I bet being a fly on the wall that Monday morning was interesting! lol

Jessie Wallace could've been added to that list as well - as someone who didn't get on with Leslie Grantham (from that one could most likely add Shane Richie to that list as well, from what I remember - though both actors first left in 2005, the same year as Dirty Den was written out).

Kat and Phil actually spoke to each in Tuesday's episode (it's very rare for that to happen; in them sharing a scene and some dialogue) - this is reportedly because of friction and tension between Wallace and McFadden which means that they rarely share scenes together (don't want to be quoted on this though - its just what I've picked up over the years).
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    Numerous feuds on the EE set over the years, as other posters have mentioned.

The cast were however united in their utter hatred of Kathleen Hutchison, who was executive producer in 2004/5 for just four months. Hutchison allegedly tore up several months of scripting, ordered late-night reshoots and axed about 12 characters. Legend has it the cast cheered when they heard she was being sacked.

There was a funny rumour I heard that Hutchinson wanted Denise Van Outen to play the part of Tina, Johnny Allan's girlfriend, she apparently described the part to Denise as being a hungry and money grabbing tart and then said it wouldn't take much for Denise to get into that character :D:o, that comment was the reason Denise apparently turned it down. Probably not true but quite funny all the same.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jessie Wallace could've been added to that list as well - as someone who didn't get on with Leslie Grantham (from that one could most likely add Shane Richie to that list as well, from what I remember - though both actors first left in 2005, the same year as Dirty Den was written out).

Kat and Phil actually spoke to each in Tuesday's episode (it's very rare for that to happen; in them sharing a scene and some dialogue) - this is reportedly because of friction and tension between Wallace and McFadden which means that they rarely share scenes together (don't want to be quoted on this though - its just what I've picked up over the years).

They had that scene together in 2012 when Phil threatened to chuck them out the Vic so Kat paid a visit to Phil's house and persuaded him to let them stay by admitting she had been having an affair and that they took off for the sake of there marriage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    There was a funny rumour I heard that Hutchinson wanted Denise Van Outen to play the part of Tina, Johnny Allan's girlfriend, she apparently described the part to Denise as being a hungry and money grabbing tart and then said it wouldn't take much for Denise to get into that character :D:o, that comment was the reason Denise apparently turned it down. Probably not true but quite funny all the same.

Yes I've heard that too. Allegedly the description Hutchison used was a 'ball-busting bitch' :o:D
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    According to Barbara, she and Jessie have since made up.

Steve McFadden however allegedly started a petition against her return in 2010. Might explain why they very rarely share scenes.

Maybe they have for appearances sake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    They had that scene together in 2012 when Phil threatened to chuck them out the Vic so Kat paid a visit to Phil's house and persuaded him to let them stay by admitting she had been having an affair and that they took off for the sake of there marriage.

Sometimes they have shared scenes yes, it's true - it's pretty rare, though (even from what I've seen whilst watching).

The Moon and The Vic link has meant Kat has had to interact with Phil occasionally over the years - just can't help noticing it doesn't happen very often, though.

Couldn't believe it when I saw it last night actually - but Phil was in fact sat with his back to Kat - so maybe it doesn't really count as a proper scene and proper dialogue as it wasn't an actual conversation, lol.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    At least with Steve and Jessie not sharing many scenes we are all saved the very obvious story that MUST have been considered at some point knowing eastenders
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    At least with Steve and Jessie not sharing many scenes we are all saved the very obvious story that MUST have been considered at some point knowing eastenders

Which is that every new female that comes into the show has to go through the obligatory having sex with Philth routine.

Which hasn't happened in this case (surprisingly as you say) - Kat had missed out on that particular highlight - and now she isn't new enough, anymore to have to go through it lol (and it looks like the viewers will be spared it now, anyway - thank goodness).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened between Jessie and Steve?
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Boofie wrote: »
    What happened between Jessie and Steve?

He probably just took his 'mothers' side as always with Phil, the mummys boy.