Options

Nate Simpson shows his range, tone,and improv ability live on PAul Ross Show

Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
Forum Member
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VJkWzdd-Kc

This is pure ,effortless improv, and sounds better than many rehearsed covers we hear each year.

He could literally sing the phone book and make it listenable . :)

Comments

• Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's amazing! I love him
  • Options
    worldfreeworldfree Posts: 2,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This guy is really good, can't believe he's left out for matt. (can imagine why though)
  • Options
    nessie17nessie17 Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it Singy x :):)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pure class and far too good for X Factor.

I hope that the exposure gets him where he wants to be as he's brilliant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    worldfree wrote: »
    This guy is really good, can't believe he's left out for matt. (can imagine why though)

While of course I agree that Nate deserves a spot based on being a gifted performer,song writer and interpreter with a world class voice, Matt has a lot of potential , too.

Matt seems more extroverted onstage,connecting with the audience through himself with the music as a vehicle, while Nate is a more introspective, expressive performer who connects to the audience by being the vehicle that brings them into the world of a song.They are very different in most respects,and different people will be drawn to one more than the other.

I genuinely wish them both luck, and the rest of the boys, too, on the show and beyond it . :)
  • Options
    SIOPHIE_FIERCESIOPHIE_FIERCE Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    worldfree wrote: »

Can we keep the spoilers in the spoiler threads please. Not all of us are interested in finding out who's made it to the lives before it has aired. Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No studio tricks.No gimmicks. Just Nate and his piano making old school sound new again :)

Acoustic piano cover Sam Smith-Stay With Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4GaESNuc6Q
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beautiful - his voice is stunning
  • Options
    shaneomaxshaneomax Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is too good for X factor tbh, head and shoulders above the rest vocally. reminds me of Jodeci, and thats saying something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaneomax wrote: »
    He is too good for X factor tbh, head and shoulders above the rest vocally. reminds me of Jodeci, and thats saying something.

That IS saying something, love their vocals! :) I can hear some similarities in tone to particularly one of the singers, now that you mention it,and there are elements of American R&B in his style.

I hear people say different contestants have crossover potential, and some do, but I honestly think Nate has the most potential to do that as a solo artists since Leona. I say this because Nate has a technically superb but unique sound that comes from a real place, and even with such little air time,I have spoken with more than a few people who discovered uk X Factor because they heard a clip of Nate.