The Murray Gold / Dr Who OST Appreciation Thread

tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
Forum Member
✭✭
Just rewatched Series 5 in 3 days :o:D But I love the new Doctor's theme. I think it is fantastic and really suits Mat's Doctor. I also love the song used in the part where Amy remembers The Doctor at her wedding. Really good. Can't understand why people complain its too loud. The louder the better IMO it gives it a better atmosphere.

No, it doesn't-it destroys any atmosphere and drowns out the dialogue. Incidental music is supposed to be just that. If it takes over the scene, if you're too aware of it, it's failed as far as I'm concerned. A lot of scenes would be far better without it.

Comments

• bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    I've also struggled to hear dialogue in series 5, not sure if it's the music or just bad editing.
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazellis wrote: »
    I've also struggled to hear dialogue in series 5, not sure if it's the music or just bad editing.

It's the music, same as it was in the specials and in series four. It isn't only confined to Doctor Who either, though it's very noticeable on Who.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Murray Gold you say?

Doomsday gets me every time
    Forum Member
    How has page 2 of this thread created it's own version of the thread????
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    bazellis wrote: »
    How has page 2 of this thread created it's own version of the thread????

Was asking myself the same, something odd going on, Ting has gone inactive too!:confused:
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    This is just weird.. methinks we need a Doctor!

:D
    Forum Member
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    Was asking myself the same, something odd going on, Ting has gone inactive too!:confused:

Obviously said something they shouldn't of.