Comments

• SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the sound of hardcore, but that's definitely me. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardcore pong player, so bad I got repetitive strain injury on my wrist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    If you have ever had the pleasure of playing me online you know the best definition for me is 'Rubbish' :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hardcore

I game socially, online and enjoy a wide range of titles. Gaming is one of my main hobbies, if not my main hobby, and a relatively large proportion of my leisure time is spent gaming. I own consoles spanning several generations, including handhelds and more than one current-gen console. I own a gaming PC, so certainly fall into this category. I will be an early adopter of next-gen, whether through upgrading my PC or purchasing PS4. I own a very large games collection and enjoy learning more about new releases.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    CORE
    You may not have been an early adopter, but you own a current-gen console and may game socially with friends or online. You religiously purchase 'big-name' titles such as FIFA, COD and GTA, but have little interest in games outside of this comfort zone or those with little promotion. As such, your games collection is relatively narrow, and you may only spend several hours a week gaming, but nevertheless, you make up a sizeable proportion of Sony and Microsoft's user-base and so need to be kept happy.

Fits like 101% on me (Y)
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably mostly core for me, with some elements of dedicated.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only play a few titles, but I play them religiously. I dunno what that makes me.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only play a few titles, but I play them religiously. I dunno what that makes me.

Core is the best fit.
  • Xadlei XemnasXadlei Xemnas Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Hardcore unfortunately. I have every recent console except the vita and wii u. I have a box of games which is reasonably large and i play games that ppl often never heard of. On the otherhand im not familiar with a lot of popular franchises like zelda, mario, cod or uncharted etc but ive have a lot of OLD games from previous generations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Used to be Hardcore but dont find the time for gaming as much as I used to.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casual, I reckon.

Got a PS2 and a laptop that when I bought it made sure it could handle the likes of Skyrim which had just come out. For a good while I was only playing Football Manager each year and that was about it. Left Football Manager 2010 running in the background for weeks and months on end (still do) and have 10,000 hours logged apparently. :o

Recently I've bought a fair chunk of PC games at really cheap prices when they've been on sale as I'm getting more into it. Haven't actually got around to playing many of them, mind.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm none of these. I'm the sort of person who only really plays a few different types of games, but the ones I do play I take seriously.
    For example, I only really play Mario Kart, a few other Mario games, Pokémon and some Call of Duty.
    Some would probably call me a Nintendo fan, others a sad child with no life because Nintendo is for babies innit?
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm none of these. I'm the sort of person who only really plays a few different types of games, but the ones I do play I take seriously.
    For example, I only really play Mario Kart, a few other Mario games, Pokémon and some Call of Duty.
    Some would probably call me a Nintendo fan, others a sad child with no life because Nintendo is for babies innit?

Actually sounds to me like you fit the 'core' definition pretty well.