Millennium Falcon back for SW Ep7!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news: Pegg has apparently ruled himself out. Still a question mark over Benedict Cumberbatch mind. A bit better, but he showed his limitations as an actor in Tinker Tailor the other week. Not that that matters here of course.

Does Abrams ever really do 'new' though? He just polishes up back-dated concepts and franchises mostly. A sheen of newness, a few fresh faces, but underneath much the same, old components, playing safe etc. His trick is to work on projects where this isn't really an issue.

I suppose SW is too steeped in pop-culture mythology to do anything truly new. Dusting down the Falcon has already done the job for some it seems. And looking at the box-office hike the Vader-empowered Sith enjoyed ($848m) compared to the relatively lowly returns for Clones ($649m), you can see how much needed the presence of the past is.

Fair comment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought they all hated star wars.

im sure i read that anthony daniels and mark used to hate talking about it.

plus harrison wanted to be killed off.

as much as i want to see them in star wars again. they just look to old now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kcspurs wrote: »
    i thought they all hated star wars.

im sure i read that anthony daniels and mark used to hate talking about it.

plus harrison wanted to be killed off.

as much as i want to see them in star wars again. they just look to old now.

Some of the cast reportedly didnt get on with each other and remember Star Wars killed every one of its actors careers with the exception of Harrison Ford.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anthony Daniels will **** himself out to anything Star Wars related, he has no shame, yet apparently he has a massive ego. Kenny Baker once said he was the rudest person he's ever met.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Some of the cast reportedly didnt get on with each other and remember Star Wars killed every one of its actors careers with the exception of Harrison Ford.

And Warrick Davies ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    And Warrick Davies ;)

Lol, ok ill give you that one ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Anthony Daniels will **** himself out to anything Star Wars related, he has no shame, yet apparently he has a massive ego. Kenny Baker once said he was the rudest person he's ever met.

Those two pretty much hated each other by all accounts.

I remember the JLC Bring Back Star Wars being quite revealing as to how the cast actually got along, or rather didnt.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the link. Seems JLC might have exaggerated the truth somewhat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about the falcon. In some ways I kind of hope it looks like a rusty old hulk-version of itself and someone tries to then fix it up or something.

As long as they have some cool lightsabre action I am sure there will be kids everywhere pretending their torch is one and waving it around in the dark :) (Just like my brother and I in the 80s).

Although, these days you can buy pretty real lightsabers. I'm actually thinking of getting myself this keyring for my car keys:D
  • cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about the falcon. In some ways I kind of hope it looks like a rusty old hulk-version of itself and someone tries to then fix it up or something.
    I hope not - Han and Chewie would've kept the Falcon flying!
    Although, these days you can buy pretty real lightsabers. I'm actually thinking of getting myself this keyring for my car keys:D
    Quite cool, but the reviews are very mixed... Also, looks a little big to have on a bunch of keys.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Shall we start a bring back Mace Windu campaign?

Assuming he wasn't dead when he went out the window, he should have been able to use the force to steer himself to some sort of safe landing... and having a hand chopped off is hardly a hinderance in the SW universe.

Mace as a resistance type leader in the Coruscant undercity would be pretty damn cool.
  • cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Assuming he wasn't dead when he went out the window, he should have been able to use the force to steer himself to some sort of safe landing... and having a hand chopped off is hardly a hinderance in the SW universe...
    I'm pretty certain that the Force Lightning used by Sidious to send Windu out of the window would stop him from being able to save himself.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Habeas Corpus