Options

Fulham were relegated because the Michael Jackson statue was removed

PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mohammed Al Fayed believes the removal of the infamous 7’6″ Michael jackson statue cost the Whites their spot in the Premier League, with the team’s “luck” leaving when the statue was taken from its grounds.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/former-fulham-owner-says-removal-of-michael-jackson-statue-caused-club-to-be-relegated/

“This statue was a charm and we removed the luck from the club and now we have to pay the price,” Fayed said. “When [Khan] asked me to move it I said: ‘You must be crazy.’ This is such a fantastic statue which the fans are crying out for. But now he has paid the price because the club has been relegated. He called me because he told me he wanted Michael to return. I told him, no way."

In all seriousness, i can't blame Fulham's demise on the statue. I blame it on the boogie.

Comments

• Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    The relegation fight was a Thriller, but in the end Fulham were Bad , so now they can Beat It to the Championship.
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    We went down because of all the negative press we got, I blame "The Man In The Mirror"
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Fayed is still pissed off about all that stuff with Dirty Diana.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ch'mon!
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fayed is clearly Off The Wall. It's obviously not as Black or White as he stats. Just makes you want to Scream.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moonwalker, The Girl Is Mine, Liberian Girl.

Do something with those please.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They signed Mahamadou Diarra hoping for a Malian man, but instead he played like a moonwalker!
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 24,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet Fulham 'Remember the Time' they had in the Premier League:D
  • Options
    big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fourty points is normally seen as the number of points needed to stay in the Premier League. Magath should have told the players "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough".

(As soon as I seen this thread I just knew pretty much every single post would be a Michael Jackson song pun!:D)
  • Options
    cohencohen Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Mohamed Al Fayed is a legend.
  • Options
    maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess its "Human Nature" but I always "Say Say Say" to my "Girlfriend" "Billie Jean" they don't "Wanna Be Startin' Something" as I predicted it was "Dangerous" to allow the "Smooth Criminal" new owner to remove MJ's statue.

They thought they would "Never Can Say Goodbye", as they thought it was as easy as "ABC", but they played like "Strangers in Moscow" so now they are EPL "History".
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fulham's lack of talent assured that their future in the Premiership was dangling, much like a baby over the balcony.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,506
    Forum Member
    It wasn't a case of black or white - they just were just too bad to beat the rest...
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To think they were full of such promise at the start of the season, particularly with Darren Bent in on loan. Rodallega was saying how they could be a perfect strike partnership, remarking of Bent 'the two of us need look no more, we've both found what we were looking for'.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on they wasnt that 'bad' they just needed 'billie jean' as manger but maybe they shouldnt chant 'they dont care about us' because after that 'love never felt so good'