Comments

• Options
    maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squibbles wrote: »
    Oh well at least Hamilton won the grand prix earlier. :D

Going off topic slightly:

Seeing how he was school football captain in a side that contained Ashley Young; maybe Roy Hodgson should select him for the 2014 England World Cup Squad as he could be very handy going down the right wing in Brazil in his Mercedes. :D

Come to think about it, by all accounts he's a really good singer, so maybe he can solve our Eurovision Song Contest troubles as well! ;-)
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Have to say it was a hard watching City lift the cup, Nothing against City, they deserved it but still gutted, so damn close.

Yep :(

And my family are Chelsea fans so its always nice to get phone calls laughing at me :rolleyes:
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen a single Liverpool fan distraught yet. Everyone on Facebook/Twitter at least seem to be in a very upbeat mood.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »

And my family are Chelsea fans so its always nice to get phone calls laughing at me :rolleyes:

Tell them where to go. The "master tactician" finished below us.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no you didn't watch the Eurosong Contest? We stuck the American hustle on.

Be quite happy for Hamilton to race down our right wing, Mercedes is my favourite car.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »

My fathers a city fan :( City deserve it, they've had their crappy time and are now firmly out the other side.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I haven't seen a single Liverpool fan distraught yet. Everyone on Facebook/Twitter at least seem to be in a very upbeat mood.

The pressure was off us today, we could do nothing other than win our game and leave the 'other' for City & WH to sort out. We have done amazingly well against the odds, I have no reason other than to be happy with what we achieved, and, think about it. We haven't done climbing yet, we are on a two year progress chart, according to Rodgers! :D Faith in the future, onwards and upwards - and come back all you who said this was a one off blip - as if!! :p
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it was Man City that won it, if it couldnt have been us.... Pellegrini comes across as a pretty classy manager. The season would have ended on a much sourer note if it had been that Portugese comedian who had lifted the cup
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After such good a season the only pressure I can see for the next one will be higher expectations than the start of this one (ie hope of just making top 4) and to replicate the good football we have seen this year.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best part of the year is still to come - bring on the transfer rumours! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't get over the amount of United/Chelsea fans trying their hardest to rub this in our faces (and I'm not just talking about DS)

I'm absolutely delighted that Liverpool's rise from 7th to 2nd is the one crack of light in their footballing lives right now :D
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't get over the amount of United/Chelsea fans trying their hardest to rub this in our faces (and I'm not just talking about DS)

I'm absolutely delighted that Liverpool's rise from 7th to 2nd is the one crack of light in their footballing lives right now :D

I'm not sure they have to try very hard when Liverpool fans have been coming out with stuff like this:
    Holy shit, we're gonna win the league. I'm in dream mode right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    I'm not sure they have to try very hard when Liverpool fans have been coming out with stuff like this:

Congratulations on, yet again, taking that quote completely out of context. A post made in the heat of moment after beating City 3-2, do you seriously think I legitimately thought that the title was done and dusted at that point?
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member

I've just spoken to one on Twitter who's a bit disappointed. That must mean it's only the fans you've seen who are upbeat. :D
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got home. Thought I'd feel a lot more downbeat than I do now TBH. Things are in perspective - we've finished 2nd in the league in a season that nobody has us down for any higher than 5th.

I'm looking forward to a World Cup summer then we go again in August. It's a great time to be a Liverpool supporter as far as I'm concerned. We too easily forget the state the club was in before FSG took over... they've chipped away behind the scenes and we're now in a good position going forward.

YNWA
  • Options
    bestevezbestevez Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    As a west ham fan (not a Sam fan) I'm sorry you had to rely on us to win the title today.

But quite simply you blew it against Chelsea & Palace where you should have got 4 points.

Your style of play/defence cost you in both games (yes I know you can go back through the season & quote other games where you were unlucky to lose).

I just feel this should have been your season for the title.

Good luck for next season guys!
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the start of the season if you said we'd finish second in the league I'd have snapped your hand off, so I can't be too disappointed. We've played some great stuff. Next season is something to actually look forward to as well!
  • Options
    this_is_methis_is_me Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    It only goes on the last 5 years, so no.

I did read a few weeks ago it would likely be Pot 3.

This is a good site for Champions League seedings.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2014.html

It is looking like pot 3, but not definite yet.
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    There's 2 ways of looking at our season.

One says that cos pre season our biggest ambition was to finish top 4 and get in the CL - and we have come 2nd so therefore the season has been fantastic. In the process we have played excellent football, with countless great displays and scored 101 PL goals. As well as that LS has won both the footballer of the year awards

The other says that pre the CFC game at Anfield by our outstanding displays we had become the favourites for the title needing just 7 points from the last 3 games - 2 at of which were at Anfield and the other was away at the team who came up via the play offs - the way we were playing that target seemed more than possible and some foolish LFC fans joyously said so at the time. We failed to get those points so the season is a disappointment.

I think there is truth in both povs but overall we have to be happy with how things have gone looking at the season as a whole. Now we await the transfer business in the summer and hopefully an even better squad and therefore an even better season next season (our aim must be the title), to hope for that imo is not unrealistic,
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Codeblue has really lost the plot in the Chelsea thread he/she thinks Chelsea ended up 2nd in the league
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saying terrible refereeing handed us second...

First, we were winning before the red card. Secondly just before the second Newcastle got a free when the player wasn't even touched.

I'll give them that Newcastle second red was harsh, yellow would have been enough.

Not to mention that Phil Dowd once sent Gerrard off in a home Merseyside derby!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally thought Phil Dowd got every decision spot on today, including that second red. It was a fair enough challenge, but that follow through from Dummett was nasty and idiotic.
  • Options
    spearmintspearmint Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally thought Phil Dowd got every decision spot on today, including that second red. It was a fair enough challenge, but that follow through from Dummett was nasty and idiotic.

I thought he had an absolute shocker, extremely biased towards Liverpool all afternoon.
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gutted to lose the title but am proud to be a Liverpool fan! all Man City's fire power and we end up their closest challengers! bring on the champions league!
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spearmint wrote: »
    I thought he had an absolute shocker, extremely biased towards Liverpool all afternoon.

Breaking news a NUFC fan thinks the ref was biased against them
This discussion has been closed.