The Corrs

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any other fans? been listening to their greatest hits all day and think they released some fantastic singles.

Runaway
Breathless (My Fave Corrs single)
Give Me a Reason
So Young
Dreams
Radio
What Can I Do

Are my faves. Its a pity they aren't as popular as their nineties/early noughties years.

Also whats your fave album of the five they released? I have to say Talk On Corners is hard to beat classic album.

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I don't know many of their songs, but I did like:

What Can I Do
    Dreams
    Radio
    So Young
    Breatheless
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the Corrs, they were quite underrated
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Any other fans? been listening to their greatest hits all day and think they released some fantastic singles.

Runaway
    Breathless (My Fave Corrs single)
    Give Me a Reason
    So Young
    Dreams
    Radio
    What Can I Do

Are my faves. Its a pity they aren't as popular as their nineties/early noughties years.

Also whats your fave album of the five they released? I have to say Talk On Corners is hard to beat classic album.

I think the fact they've been disbanded for 8/9 years has a little something to do with that!:D

anyway, I love them. one of our best exports for sure.
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was never a huge fan but I really loved Breathless! Fantastic song that I still play occassionally.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I think the fact they've been disbanded for 8/9 years has a little something to do with that!:D

anyway, I love them. one of our best exports for sure.

I actually meant in terms of their music not being played much/the general outlook on them & their legacy.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't listened to them in some time but I used to be quite the fan. Saw them live at a free concert in Omagh after the bomb.

Must listen to them again, actually.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw them live 3 or 4 times at their peak, and they were always very good. Don't really listen to them now though.
  • Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Loved them! My favourite album was Talk In Corners, too (though I preferred the album tracks to the singles, mostly). In Blue was a great album too.

My favourite songs - Don't Say You Love Me, No Good For Me, and Queen of Hollywood. :)

Never got to see them live, unfortunately. Though I've been to Andrea's solo concerts, which I really enjoyed.
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a hardcore fan but I did have the blue version of Talk on Corners, and In Blue... Both brilliant albums.
    Don't Say You Love Me & Give Me A Reason are my favorite tracks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    I have their greatest hits on my iPod, need to give it another whirl again.
  • finluxfinlux Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love The Corrs, still listen to them to this day!

I have all their albums, and really like the majority of songs. All time favourite? Difficult - there are so many, but Only When I Sleep and Forgiven, Not Forgotten are possibly my top two!

Must be time for a reunion?!
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still listen to them time to time :D

Love:
    Irresistible
    Breathless
    Give Me A Reason
    Would You Be Happier?
    Angel
    Old Town
    So Young
    Radio
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Any other fans?... I have to say Talk On Corners is hard to beat classic album.

Yes, pleasant pop.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you be happier? is my favourite song of their, so uplifting. It sounds different to any other single they released. I miss them :(
  • MiHMiH Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would You Be Happier? Or Breathless. Oh, or So Young.

I adored Breathless back in the day, but at about 12 or 13 just wouldn't admit it because I thought people would think I was sad. Every time it came on the radio I got a tingle down my spine. Admittedly also because I was in love with Andrea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MiH wrote: »
    Would You Be Happier? Or Breathless. Oh, or So Young.

I adored Breathless back in the day, but at about 12 or 13 just wouldn't admit it because I thought people would think I was sad. Every time it came on the radio I got a tingle down my spine. Admittedly also because I was in love with Andrea.

I see you're from my old "stomping ground"!

Andrea, Sharon & Caroline are all gorgeous. (Sorry Jim!) I went through fazes of fancying all three :blush::D
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Their concert DVDs are great. They do a very good live show and, of course, the girls are easy on the eye too!

Jim is a nutter now though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a bleeding heart, torn apart
    least on an icy grate
    in that room, where they once stared
    face to face
    nothing could get in the way.
    now the memories of that man are haunting her days
    and the craving never fades
    she's still dreaming of a man long forgiven...

but NOT forgotten.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    a bleeding heart, torn apart
    least on an icy grate
    in that room, where they once stared
    face to face
    nothing could get in the way.
    now the memories of that man are haunting her days
    and the craving never fades
    she's still dreaming of a man long forgiven...

but NOT forgotten.

I love that song - haunting, BUT surely the second line is "Left on an icy grave"?
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Runaway, Only When I Sleep, What Can I Do and Dreams were my favourite of their songs. Wow, I miss them - they should do a reunion tour. The sisters were all really gorgeous, I remember thinking that as a kid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finlux wrote: »
    I love that song - haunting, BUT surely the second line is "Left on an icy grave"?

whoops, "least" was a typo but I was never sure if Andrea said grate or grave there. I guess grave makes more sense.
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked The Corrs, my favourites were Queen of Hollywood, Runaway and Only When I Sleep. When I listen to The Corrs it brings back lovely memories of a special time in my life
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vix77 wrote: »
    I really liked The Corrs, my favourites were Queen of Hollywood, Runaway and Only When I Sleep. When I listen to The Corrs it brings back lovely memories of a special time in my life

Me too, their music brings me back to my youth and listening to their albums on my discman in the car on long journeys.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I remember that I used to sing Breathless all the time on my karaoke machine as a kid. It's such a catchy song. I like So Young, What Can I Do and Runaway too. I think they're an underrated band. When I tell people I like them, they usually tell me I should feel embarrassed. I don't :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, they were always considered the epitome of "uncool" and it was considered naff to like them. But then I always loved how unbothered they were by that too and how they simply didn't give a sh*t:)