Options

Superdrug glycolic overnight peel...hero product!

duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
Forum Member
✭✭
I have very sensitive skin and haven't been able to use peels on my skin. A few weeks ago, someone at the asthma clinic recommended it and I thought I'd give it a try. It was on special offer at £2,99 so no great loss if it different products.

Anyone tried it? I love it. Used it twice a week for the last three and the difference in my skin is amazing. I have three chicken pox marks on my forehead that are almost unnoticeable under my foundation now. Only criticism is the instructions for use aren't great do you kind of have to guess yourself what your skin needs.

Comments

• Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    This one? http://www.superdrug.com/Skincare-Offers/Superdrug-Naturally-Radiant-Glycolic-Overnight-Peel-30ml/p/953857#.VC88B_6COK0
    I have some acne scarring and some open pores, I might try it. I currently use the hot cloth cleanser and I love it,
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I have very sensitive skin and haven't been able to use peels on my skin. A few weeks ago, someone at the asthma clinic recommended it and I thought I'd give it a try. It was on special offer at £2,99 so no great loss if it different products.

Anyone tried it? I love it. Used it twice a week for the last three and the difference in my skin is amazing. I have three chicken pox marks on my forehead that are almost unnoticeable under my foundation now. Only criticism is the instructions for use aren't great do you kind of have to guess yourself what your skin needs.

Like the sound of this but I also have sensitive skin and have had a reaction to AHAs before. Might give it a go. I supposed I could put it on early in the evening and wash it off If I think I am reacting to it. Might be good to put on the backs of your hands too.
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh never seen this, looks good and cheap too! I'm gonn aget this tomorrow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like the sound of this but I also have sensitive skin and have had a reaction to AHAs before. Might give it a go. I supposed I could put it on early in the evening and wash it off If I think I am reacting to it. Might be good to put on the backs of your hands too.

Bought it whilst still on half price. I will use when it when I can hide away for a couple of days if it goes wrong!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    This one? http://www.superdrug.com/Skincare-Offers/Superdrug-Naturally-Radiant-Glycolic-Overnight-Peel-30ml/p/953857#.VC88B_6COK0
    I have some acne scarring and some open pores, I might try it. I currently use the hot cloth cleanser and I love it,

Yeah, that's the one. I bought the cleanser today, will let you know how it goes!
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Hopefully they'll still have it at that price next Saturday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got it today, none left on the shelf so I asked and they got the last two from the back which I purchased. Looking forward to trying it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marieukxx wrote: »
    Got it today, none left on the shelf so I asked and they got the last two from the back which I purchased. Looking forward to trying it.

This thread has had 500+ views so I think Digital Spy may have created a demand. If it is in short supply Superdrug must be wondering why!!
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    I bought the last two on the shelf at my local Superdrug yesterday. They were £2.99 each.

Looking forward to giving it a go at the weekend and I'll report back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it so far, started using it on Monday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »

You need an acid toner after your cleanse - Clarins Exfoliating, FAB Radiance Pads, Pixi Glow Tonic, Ren Clarifying, all good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it so far, started using it on Monday.

You using it every day? I have yet to try it because I am scared of a skin reaction but I am going to use it at the end of the week when I can hide away if it all goes dreadfully wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You using it every day? I have yet to try it because I am scared of a skin reaction but I am going to use it at the end of the week when I can hide away if it all goes dreadfully wrong.

Yes every day. I have sensitive skin and did find the first few days it made my skin have a burning sensation like when it's really dry and it was itching. I've had this with other products before. When I washed my face it was very itchy but that sensation was only the first few days.

It's made my skin a lot smoother and less red and it looks a lot healthier than before. I quite like it so am sticking with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I used it on Friday night but it made no visible difference to my skin. It did feel very smooth in the morning though.

I've just read marieuk's post. I didn't realise you could use it every day, maybe I'll give this a go and see if I notice any changes.

Mind you, I don't actually have any skin problems but if it makes me look healthy (or younger!) then that'll do for me.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    Deleted - read post incorrectly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used it on Friday night but it made no visible difference to my skin. It did feel very smooth in the morning though.

I've just read marieuk's post. I didn't realise you could use it every day, maybe I'll give this a go and see if I notice any changes.

Mind you, I don't actually have any skin problems but if it makes me look healthy (or younger!) then that'll do for me.

Yeah I have been putting it on every night. It does say on it it takes 4 weeks for the other changes other than smooth skin. I noticed a difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I have been putting it on every night. It does say on it it takes 4 weeks for the other changes other than smooth skin. I noticed a difference.

I have started putting it on every night now, so hopefully after 4 weeks I'll be an absolute stunner!
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I bought one of these today. :D

I had a couple of sample sachets of an expensive peel mask in my Glossybox last month and it made a difference to my skin though I'm not really sure how, it just look better.

I won't be able to wear it every night though, I have to have benzoyl peroxide on most nights or I break out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it's a miracle worker lol but my skin is a lot fresher looking and the tone is more even. Wrinkles still there I'm afraid lol. How is everyone else getting on with it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still too frightened to try it. It is in my bathroom cabinet whispering try me, try me. I have sensitive skin so I would be frightened to try it in normal circumstances but I have had a very stressful week or so, and that always make it more reactive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am still too frightened to try it. It is in my bathroom cabinet whispering try me, try me. I have sensitive skin so I would be frightened to try it in normal circumstances but I have had a very stressful week or so, and that always make it more reactive.

Don't be frightened, try it!

I've got sensitive skin too but it's not had any adverse affects on me (yet) and I'm using it every night now, so give it a go.

Go on, you know you want to. :D
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought this at the weekend. I haven't used it yet but I'm going to try it for the first time tonight. I had a bit of a heavy weekend so used a face mask last night instead to try and calm my skin a bit first. Excited to try it tonight though!! How is everyone else getting on with it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still using it but still not brave enough to go for every night:D

My skin is a lot smoother and softer, a few people have remarked on it. Best £2.99 ever spent...and this is from someone with a drawer full of high end products. I've seen better results with this rather than stuff like Alpha H liquid gold which just dried out my skin and made it cracked and sore.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, sounds like it's good then! I'm going to start using it tonight. It says to use an SPF moisturiser in the morning after you've washed it off. Is it easy to wash off? Do you need to scrub or can you just splash water and it comes off?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just been splashing it off tbh. Def use a SPF moisturiser or foundation, I have a slight sun spot on my cheek as I didn't use it after dermabrasion:blush: