Who do you want to represent the UK?

The have been lots of names branded about.... Who do you want to represent us the UK this year?

Who do you want to represent UK in Eurovision 2013? 367 votes

Petula Clark
1%
CelticMythelasticloveBungitinYugimuto1 4 votes
Jools Holland and Ruby Turner
1%
topdog2006SlugerOnly_Youdylanpartyon[Deleted User] 5 votes
Ryan Clark
2%
Julie Jpothuthic[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]brbYugimuto1 10 votes
Steps
6%
SaturnJulie JWhyMe?Jamandell (d69)Lisa.B[Deleted User]Julie68big bro geekedduk19812shy2007bitchboybluepothuthic[Deleted User]emmetmclJade =)[Deleted User][Deleted User]Bachelor Frog[Deleted User][Deleted User] 23 votes
MutyaSiobhanKeisha
5%
SaturnJamandell (d69)Lisa.B[Deleted User]jeymzPatheticFallacycnbcwatchersilentNatecherubmattdxfactorfan27SuperAPJkryskrysLongBallPleasedylanpartyon[Deleted User]JordanC55stanld03phill363MadeInHarry 19 votes
Atomic Kitten
2%
Julie J[Deleted User]Cherry7Upxfactorfan27pothuthic[Deleted User][Deleted User]Stuart25Yugimuto1 9 votes
Leanne (voice winner)
2%
[Deleted User]StephenHKent[Deleted User]EbealeMadeInHarry[Deleted User][Deleted User]Lee_LewisYugimuto1 9 votes
Bo Bruce
3%
Jamandell (d69)cherubmattdxfactorfan27dylanpartyon[Deleted User]zsb37105qtyzSoppyfanEbealeMadeInHarry[Deleted User]Transponster[Deleted User] 12 votes
McFly
4%
Julie JLisa.Btopdog2006notin[Deleted User]Only_Youpothuthicjsam93[Deleted User]JordanC55[Deleted User][Deleted User]elasticlovepuppylove7[Deleted User][Deleted User]Yugimuto1[Deleted User] 18 votes
Alexandra Burke
7%
jonnyjackovJamandell (d69)Lisa.Bcaz06thaliafancnbcwatchercherubmattdxfactorfan27[Deleted User]LongBallPleasespindiddlyDamienS[Deleted User]Dave0893JordanC55stanld03[Deleted User]phill363zsb37105qtyzMadeInHarry 28 votes
Marina and The Diamonds
8%
SaturnJamandell (d69)Lisa.BRockSchooltopdog2006cnbcwatcherxfactorfan27SuperAPJkryskryssward669LongBallPleasespindiddlyHarper_MilneJordanC55stanld03[Deleted User]FanFromHollandSuper Roux!zsb37105qtyzGwen 404 32 votes
Bat for Lashes
1%
cnbcwatchersilentNatedylanpartyonHarper_MilneCelticMythGwen 404 6 votes
Kimberley Walsh
2%
Jamandell (d69)dondfan998cnbcwatchergav016[Deleted User]stanld03zsb37105qtyzEbeale[Deleted User]Stuart25Yugimuto1 11 votes
Amelia Lilly
12%
Saturnmost_hauntedJamandell (d69)Lisa.B[Deleted User]jammiedd92big bro geekcaz06VelveteengardengirlBigBmadPatheticFallacydaisiesfancnbcwatchercherubmattdxfactorfan27SuperAPJkryskrysBamber Boozler21stCenturyBoy 47 votes
Dionne Bromfield
2%
Pooley[Deleted User]xfactorfan27SuperAPJJordanC55[Deleted User]Super Roux!zsb37105qtyzMadeInHarrynmojones 10 votes
Diana Vickers
9%
Lisa.B[Deleted User]jammiedd92caz06[Deleted User]topdog2006superstar111silentNatecherubmattdxfactorfan27kryskrys[Deleted User]gav016dvfan1[Deleted User]spindiddlyJordanC55stanld03[Deleted User][Deleted User] 34 votes
Joe McElderry
1%
JamfocusSaturnJulie Jlealeedspothuthic[Deleted User]Yugimuto1 7 votes
JLS
2%
[Deleted User]jammiedd92notin[Deleted User]JordanC55[Deleted User]zsb37105qtyz[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]Yugimuto1 11 votes
Will Young
5%
Muttley76Saturnellie1167Jaccobabetroublepet[Deleted User]big bro geeknewplanetnotincherubmattdxfactorfan27kryskrysgav016Cuishla[Deleted User]stanld03[Deleted User][Deleted User]Gwen 404[Deleted User] 22 votes
The Ting Tings
1%
Jamandell (d69)Lisa.BBigBmadcnbcwatcherJordanC55 5 votes
Winner of a UK song contest (like Melodifestivalen)
7%
MarcPaulBtopupkrazyLisa.B[Deleted User]dave782big bro geekgeostopdog2006Pele-thefiregoddesscontejasgav016LongBallPleaseweedydiamondJordanC55stanld03FanFromHollandCelticMyth[Deleted User][Deleted User]Gwen 404 29 votes
Other - please list
4%
thmsAlbacomGlyn W[Deleted User]cnbcwatcherEd-Hunterdagger42WeeblesWobblepenguinperson[Deleted User]zsb37105qtyzMissMidgard[Deleted User]Yugimuto1davormackara 16 votes

Comments

• FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Where's the poll? :(

EDIT: oh there it is :)
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diana Vickers
    Marina is on tour in America in may so it won't be her.
  • WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other - please list
    Why isn't Geri Halliwell on there? She gets my vote.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bat for Lashes?? We can but dream. Pixie Lott should be on the list as she's more likely than most on the list to be asked.
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Other - please list
    Paloma Faith!
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Young
    Will Young since hes yummi
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    interesting -

I didnt put Geri on the list, as i thought that it was highly unlikely ...and although I adore her ... I think that it would be a bad move for her following the high of the olympics...

Paloma Faith .... great artist but equally unlikely as she has tour commitments...

but other votes so far go to:
    1 for Paloma Faith
    1 for Geri Halliwell
  • Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    Other - please list
    The Damned
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I voted Marina, Amelia and the winner of a contest

If Girls Aloud were listed too I would've voted for them
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Amelia Lilly
    Amelia Lily.

She's backed by Xenomania, and can sing live!
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other - please list
    The pair I shall not name but all know
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diana Vickers

H and Claire :D
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Kermit and Miss Piggy?
    Forum Member
    What jedward to represent Ire for two seasons then the UK... Seriously?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other - please list
    What jedward to represent Ire for two seasons then the UK... Seriously?

No. It would be a Miracle for them to be picked from Exile
  • jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McFly
    Of those choices? Definitely McFly
    Forum Member
    No. It would be a Miracle for them to be picked from Exile

Aha - you are thinking ala le hurts!

Really liked debut album...but not enjoying new stuff.... Prefer their poppy synthy
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Other - please list
    I voted:

Mutya Keisha Siobhan
    Alexandra Burke
    Marina and the Diamonds
    Bat For Lashes
    Kimberley Walsh
    Amelia Lily
    The Ting Tings
    Other -> The Saturdays, Pixie Lott, Katy B, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Jessie J, Little Boots
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other - please list
    The Spice Girls. I'd settle for Geri though. She's amazing
    Forum Member
    if the UK were not going to do a public selecttion process vote but the BBC was to chose an artist and song my choices would be:

Sophie Ellis Bextor (huge Russian and Baltic appeal) - something similar to 'Heartbreak'
    Sugababes 4.0 (just the right platform for their next adventure) - something similar to 'Thank You for the Heartbreak'
    Lawson - something similar to 'Love Again'
    Alexandra Burke - something similar to 'Tonight'
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dionne Bromfield
    I picked Alexandra Burke and Amelia just because I quite like them and the former Sugababes because it'd be a good stage Thinking about voting, I also selected Dionne Bromfield as she could be popular to the Amy Winehouse connection and Marina because she'd get us a few points from Greece and its pals.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan Clark
    Geri would never do it! That's being very ambitious to say the least.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other - please list
    Geri would never do it! That's being very ambitious to say the least.

It's more the sign of giving into failure than being ambitious. Sorry she has fans but would bomb and I'd imagine she'd know if asked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan Clark
    It's more the sign of giving into failure than being ambitious. Sorry she has fans but would bomb and I'd imagine she'd know if asked.

She wouldn't even consider it so weather or not she would bomb is just hearsay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other - please list
    She wouldn't even consider it so weather or not she would bomb is just hearsay.

Just as Barrowman is asked year in year out saying it's political . I'm sure he's aware as much as Geri if asked about their limitations. She's joked about doing it several times so she's in the bracket of being careful what you say as people will expect that person to put their money where their mouth is.