Options

EE - Kat dumped?

Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Alfie is set to walk out on Kat and leave Walford. :eek: :D

According to Tina baker - Alfie decides he must leave Kat!

I hope it will be that he gives kat her marching orders, along with her daughter, and kicks them out of the Vic, leaving him, to get on with his life! (my thoughts on it)

although I heard on the BBC boards that Andy is too kidnap Zoe, in an attempt to woo back Kat!....somehow i don't see that working...but seeing as that Alfie cannot give Kat her conjugal rights, maybe she will give into him?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that Kat is going to be dumped as well but I don't see what that will achieve, apart from piss off a lot of Kat and Alfie fans (like me) who think there is so much potential for that couple.

I also read that Andy will seduce Zoe in an attempt to get revenge on Kat, not sure how accurate that is though!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest, they (TPTB) destroyed the relationship the minute kat was penned in to sleep with andy!

i don't how they can get back to anything normal now! it is a pity!

and the longer Andy stays the longer Alfie and Kat will be separated for, as he will make it impossible for them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early Bird wrote:
    to be honest, they (TPTB) destroyed the relationship the minute kat was penned in to sleep with andy!

and the longer Andy stays the longer Alfie and Kat will be separated for, as he will make it impossible for them!

This is very true, but hey, with EE the problem will be most likely be swept under the carpet if it suits the scripwriters!! Wonder if they'll do the whole 'Kat's preggers, whose is it?' saga.
  • Options
    moondancermoondancer Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early Bird wrote:

Totally agree!!! :mad: This storyline is UTTER BOLLOX! :confused:

It's a total waste of a potentially long-lasting, completely different and potentially entertaining soap marriage. I hold the morons who chose this storyline for these characters in UTTER contempt: how cliched, unoriginal, repetitive and boring could you get for a soap couple?? :yawn:

I too don't see a convincing way back for them from here: TPTB at EE have fecked-up BIG TIME with this storyline and I hope they lose a shedload of viewers as a result. They don't deserve to win them back if they couldn't even respect their wishes in the first place. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame really after all they went through to be together in the first placed-they lasted all of 5 months
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gabbyevs wrote:
    Its a shame really after all they went through to be together in the first placed-they lasted all of 5 months

exactly!

what was the point of putting all the hype up over them getting together, if all they were going to do 6 months or so down the line, was to split them up! :yawn: zzzzzz!!!!!!!!

do they think that the viewing public is thick? :eek:
    cos, at this moment, I think the answer is yes, they do! :mad:

I just hope after all this c***, that both characters are allowed to find some sort of happiness, if not with each other, then with someone else! and hopefully that will last a little longer than 5/6 months!

as to where the plot is going...I believe the only credible thing for them (TPTB) to do now...is to split them up!
  • Options
    GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member
    Who really cares? Both of them as characters have gone downhill so much lately they bore the pants off me. I don't really care if Alfie s**gs Little Mo although why or how anyone could fine her attractive is beyond me. Kat will probably cheer herself up by heading out to buy some more even orangier fake tan and will go back to sleeping with anything that stands still long enough
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought I read somewhere that they split in order to get back together in the Christmas episode. Don't ask me where though I might have imagined it.
  • Options
    alan45alan45 Posts: 3,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote:
    Thought I read somewhere that they split in order to get back together in the Christmas episode. Don't ask me where though I might have imagined it.

That would be so original and have the viewers returning in their droves NOT. They had a super character when they introduced him to the square before he became inflicted Berridge Syndrome and became as depressing as the rest of them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote:
    a xmas reunion?
    that will be highly unlikely as JW will be on maternity leave by then!

i'm sure her pregnancy has thrown them (TPTB) into all kinds of confusion....

oh well you reap, what you sow!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    A Christmas reunion might be on the cards...when is jessie Wallace due to have her baby?

Always, when two characters like this get together, it kills what had made the story line appealing for the audience in the first place. Probably no one here will remember Moonlighting, with Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepherd? Anyway, that was a perfect example of what I mean. It could be that EE realise this, and what another will they/won't they plot.

Perhaps when they get back together, they can have Kat sleep with Andy again (in order to have Zoe released by her kidnapper????!!!????) and they can keep re-hashing the plot for years.

Could EE maintain interest in Kat and Alfie by just having them happy together...I can't think of any long term happy couple in a soap.
  • Options
    LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    Mayogirl wrote:
    A Christmas reunion might be on the cards...when is jessie Wallace due to have her baby?

Always, when two characters like this get together, it kills what had made the story line appealing for the audience in the first place. Probably no one here will remember Moonlighting, with Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepherd? Anyway, that was a perfect example of what I mean. It could be that EE realise this, and what another will they/won't they plot.

Perhaps when they get back together, they can have Kat sleep with Andy again (in order to have Zoe released by her kidnapper????!!!????) and they can keep re-hashing the plot for years.

Could EE maintain interest in Kat and Alfie by just having them happy together...I can't think of any long term happy couple in a soap.

Jack n Vera :D
    But when you say long term - most couples DO manage to stay together for longer than six months, even in soaps.

yes, I remember Moonlighting, and you're right. Also Cheers with Sam and Diane then Sam and Rebecca, and Niles n Daphne in Frasier. The whole dynamic is lost when they get together, it was the anticipation that was the important thing (although I think Niles and Daphne still work quite well). But those were all comedies, which EE certainly aint!

I think it really is possible to have a long term happy couple in a soap, even if they do go through bad patches. Even Steve and Karen have managed a couple of years despite all their traumas. Oh and I could mention Kevin and Sally... but I'd rather not :)
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh i love moonlighting its true once they done it so to speak it wasnt the same anymore

i think jessie is due around october time so will preob be back for xmas-unless she takes more time off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gabbyevs wrote:
    oh i love moonlighting its true once they done it so to speak it wasnt the same anymore

i think jessie is due around october time so will preob be back for xmas-unless she takes more time off

she is due november, so will probably leave late september, and may be back when the baby is 2/3 months, which would be january/february 2005.

but as EE films 6/8 weeks in advance, she would definately not be around at xmas! if she left in early october, you'd see on screen till early december, and if she returned late january, then you'd see her onscreen in maybe late feb, early march 2005.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Early Bird wrote:
    a xmas reunion?
    that will be highly unlikely as JW will be on maternity leave by then!

i'm sure her pregnancy has thrown them (TPTB) into all kinds of confusion....

oh well you reap, what you sow!

Are'nt EE going to use the news of her real life pregnancy and make out that Andy got her pregnant?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee76 wrote:
    Are'nt EE going to use the news of her real life pregnancy and make out that Andy got her pregnant?
    JW said in an interview (The Guardian) that they were not writing a pregnancy into the show, and that she will only be seen from behind the bar :rolleyes:
    so as regards her carrying Andys child.....it looks as if it is a no!

but who knows? if they did do that storyline, it would finish :yawn: Kat and Alfie off as a couple! and besides they have only just RESOLVED the last 'who's the dad?' plot!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also bear in mind Tina Baker isnt always 100% accurate herself, i remember a few things shes mentioned that have never happened!

I dont give a monkey's if Kat & Alfie split to be honest. The novelty with these 2 has long worn off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee76 wrote:

If that happens I will switch off and never watch Eastenders again! It would just be one cliched story too far. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it just seems that EE have no idea what the public want at all, all their storylines just seem so unbelievable and boring
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy proposes to SAM!!!!!

Tina Baker said it on GMTV!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early Bird wrote:
    Andy proposes to SAM!!!!!