Judge Judy

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,588
    Forum Member
    I was surprised to learn she earns around $30 million a year. Thats a lot of money..well done to her.
  • OakwoodOakwood Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Found the Shatner interview annoying. He just kept interrupting and talking over the Judge...I was waiting for her to get her gavel out!!

Love her shows. Get her over here to sort out our legal system and to bring some common sense.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Bio channel is 156 on Sky

Its on Friday 9pm then repeated on Saturday at 2pm.

LaineyT
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AmjidS wrote: »
    I was surprised to learn she earns around $30 million a year. Thats a lot of money..well done to her.

Biggest earning star on US television believe it or not!
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    sotek wrote: »
    Biggest earning star on US television believe it or not!

That's Oprah always has for years now.

Although Judge Judy was no.13 on Forbes Richest Women Entertainers 2007 with $95M but Oprah still on top.
  • tynka belltynka bell Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Blimey, $95m for shouting at people. I'm in the wrong job!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    $95m?? Nice work if you can get it!
  • katiekookatiekoo Posts: 4,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point of it is to make a show out of it ;)

I used to think Judge Judy was quite fair. In these new episodes she just seems to want to get as many catchphrases of hers in as she can, while rudely shouting over people and making up her own rules. If this is what she's like in 2002 i wonder how she acts in the new episodes in the US :eek:

well, i for one don't give a rat's ass what she does - i LOVE her. :D
  • OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member

Back to the OP, the uplighting is more in evidence, but I don't give a rats behind (a JJism for you!) about that:D
    katiekoo wrote: »
    well, i for one don't give a rat's ass what she does - i LOVE her. :D

She also calls it a 'rat's tutu'. Extensive research provided me with the information that this refers to a rats' vajaajaa. :eek::eek::eek:

Once again, I know too much...:o

(Just discovered that I don't subscribe to the Bio channel. Fuming. :()
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OGB wrote: »
    She also calls it a 'rat's tutu'. Extensive research provided me with the information that this refers to a rats' vajaajaa. :eek::eek::eek:

Once again, I know too much...:o

(Just discovered that I don't subscribe to the Bio channel. Fuming. :()

OGB: you are missing NOTHING. i had this on reminder for ages and was so looking forward to it ... BUT shatner or whatever his name is is dreadful at interviewing. he interupts and isn't asking the right questions. but wait, we're near the end of the show and jj got a word in. bad, bad interview. :( (and i hate the closeness of the two - yuk, she has to breathe his germs).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else ever notice that when someone starts to blub on Judge Judy (and Dr Phil too, I might add) and they're offered a tissue - they rarely ever say thank you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I love JJ :o:D

I had a day off today so I saw shows on itv2. There was a woman blubbing and JJ had a look on her face that was priceless! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katiekoo wrote: »
    OGB: you are missing NOTHING. i had this on reminder for ages and was so looking forward to it ... BUT shatner or whatever his name is is dreadful at interviewing. he interupts and isn't asking the right questions. but wait, we're near the end of the show and jj got a word in. bad, bad interview. :( (and i hate the closeness of the two - yuk, she has to breathe his germs).

I recorded this and have just watched it. What a let down. Shatner has an awful interview style, asked irrelevant questions and didn't let her finish any answers.

I thought they were going to end up snogging, YUK!

Wasn't worth waiting for.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    I recorded this and have just watched it. What a let down. Shatner has an awful interview style, asked irrelevant questions and didn't let her finish any answers.

i 100% agree with you. what an absolute let down. :(
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »

Absolutely agree.

What she DID manage to get saying, I actually liked, but he was an absolute awful interviewer. It was the worst I've ever seen! :eek:

Then at the end we noticed he was executive of it which kind of answered why he got the job in the first place.

I will NEVER watch one of his shows again. Stick to bloody acting ! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was disappointed too. I rather think that Mr Shatner delights in the sound of his own voice.
  • OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reviews guys. It seems like I didn't miss anything which makes up for my annoyance at missing it. What a wasted opportunity to get behind the tv persona.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was with the seating arrangement on the Shatner interview? I didn't make it through much but there's loooooads of Judge Judy episodes on youtube. I have a new addiction. :o:D :cool:
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garbanzo wrote: »
    I love Judge Judy!

Yeah she's great isn't she :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,588
    Forum Member
    Watched it yesterday, the defendants 2 kids, there dad and dads wife were sitting in the chairs next to the table. The judge addressed the dad, and he told a lie, to which Judy said you arent being honest.

He got up, and said to his kids lets go, and left the court room, when they got to the back door, the dad and one of the kids starts waving at Judy, shouting bye. Suffice to say, Judy awarded the plaintiff the amount he was asking for.

Thata was the first time I saw, somebody walk out on the judge.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AmjidS wrote: »
    Watched it yesterday, the defendants 2 kids, there dad and dads wife were sitting in the chairs next to the table. The judge addressed the dad, and he told a lie, to which Judy said you arent being honest.

He got up, and said to his kids lets go, and left the court room, when they got to the back door, the dad and one of the kids starts waving at Judy, shouting bye. Suffice to say, Judy awarded the plaintiff the amount he was asking for.

Thata was the first time I saw, somebody walk out on the judge.
    I watched that one on youtube yesterday. :D Dunno what the point was of going all the way there and then walking out.
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    Judge Judy is absolute cr@p.......

.....but I love it! :D:o
  • gillhammergillhammer Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    just a comment about people who lose their cases not having to pay and the production company coughing up which someone mentioned earlier...this isn't quite right. Both sides of the case have to put money into a holding account with the production company prior to the case being heard to the value of the claim against them - if they lost the money is released from that account, if she throws the case out then both sides get money back.
    I'm a great fan of the show - and was recently in Australia where they are showing cases from 2007 and 2008 which are just a good as the present 2002 run we are getting.
    Her best line for me is always ' on your best day you're not as smart as my worst day"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coolmark18 wrote: »
    Judge Judy is probably the best thing on television.

If more judges were like her, I bet the country would be a better place.
    I'm not sure about that. She is decidedly "right wing". Her views on how tax money is spent are extremely right wing, when compared to our own, for instance.

I don't mean just right wing like the tory party, they're much more to the right than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jequila wrote: »
    I was disappointed too. I rather think that Mr Shatner delights in the sound of his own voice.
    :D:D Mr Shatner delights in .... Mr Shatner.
    shatner or whatever his name is
    James Tiberius Kirk