Options

Teenager Growing a Beard

I'm very tempted to grow a beard for the summer holidays, for a number of reasons involving unwillingness to shave, the coolness of it and the fact I'm so bored it'll be something to achieve.

Now, I'm nearly 17, and family members have had beards, so do you think it'll be possible and also won't look stupid. Any opinions will be great. :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Plenty of 17 year olds can grow a beard and plenty can't, you'll know how fast and thick it grows not us, so if it does grow well just go for it, you can soon shave it off if you don't like it
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    My 14year old has a beard already and he uses a trimmer or I do it for him to tidy it but he isn't doing a clean shave yet. It depends on you how you like it, your choice no one elses.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that, I'll give it a go, I mean there's no harm.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I think you should go for it. If the whole beard thing doesn't work out for you , you could try to have just a slight bit of stubble. My boyfriend ( he's 20 ) usually is clean shaven but last time I saw him he had a bit of stubble ( he forgot to shave) and it looked great. I told him to keep it like that. :)
  • Options
    ceefax2ceefax2 Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    A bit of stubble looks great. I doubt if a full beard will work at 17.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    I grew a beard when I was about your age - it came in well, by my moustache was rubbish :)

P.S. you're only 17 & you reference a Kinks song in your description? - Good lad! :cool:
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    ceefax2 wrote: »
    A bit of stubble looks great. I doubt if a full beard will work at 17.

Yeah 17 is usually too young, you need several years to grow anything which won't look like bum fluff, no way I'd have been able to grow that at 17 but then I didn't even need to shave until I was 15/16...

The line between designer stubble and bum fluff is quite thin though.