Options

Michael McIntyre Chat Show

Comments

• Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite enjoying it. He needs to tone it down a little bit and focus more on the guests but it's lighthearted enough.
  • Options
    seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like this, its not often I can say I like him. I think this could work as a 40min 3 nights aweek chat show.
  • Options
    up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obvious Edit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm quite enjoying it. He needs to tone it down a little bit and focus more on the guests but it's lighthearted enough.

BIB, i think thats the trouble, he isnt connecting with the guests, he just wants to try and say something funny instead of letting them speak
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Christ! Is he going to let his guests get a single word in edgeways?

No point them being there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL Sugar looked confused :D
  • Options
    lundolundo Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    I like the man I think he's funny, but play to your strengths please. Stick to the Apollo and arenas and let the professionals (Ross, Norton etc) do the talk shows. I'd like to see McIntyre take on a sofa full of A-list Hollywood stars a la Norton. He would be buried alive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i still have no idea what any of the guests were doing on there :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    BIB, i think thats the trouble, he isnt connecting with the guests, he just wants to try and say something funny instead of letting them speak

Then cut to clips and pictures and there is no time for the guest to say anything.

This is nothing more than The Michael McIntyre Show, with some guests popping in.

It's not a chat show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i still have no idea what any of the guests were doing on there :D:D

Neither do the guests!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Then cut to clips and pictures and there is no time for the guest to say anything.

This is nothing more than The Michael McIntyre Show, with some guests popping in.

It's not a chat show!

yep i agree,,,whether it will settle down or not im not sure

The Sugar interview got a bit uncomfortable
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a chat show!

chat show.
    noun: chat show; plural noun: chat shows; noun: chatshow; plural noun: chatshows
    a television or radio programme in which celebrities are invited to talk informally about various topics.

Yes, it is.
  • Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundo wrote: »
    I like the man I think he's funny, but play to your strengths please. Stick to the Apollo and arenas and let the professionals (Ross, Norton etc) do the talk shows. I'd like to see McIntyre take on a sofa full of A-list Hollywood stars a la Norton. He would be buried alive.

Norton himself gets buried alive. Dude is just way too camp and like McIntyre today has to resort to humiliating random ass guests for some cheap laughs. Whilst Norton geuinely finds the chair thing hilarious like some kind of child, you can tell his guests are laughing at the stupidity of the whole thing.

Jonahan Ross' original bbc show was easily the best out of the three. Best i can say about Norton is that he isn't as dreadful as McIntyre today.
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Absolute crap.Mcintyre basically doing his stand up routine with his guests as props.
  • Options
    lundolundo Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    chat show.
    noun: chat show; plural noun: chat shows; noun: chatshow; plural noun: chatshows
    a television or radio programme in which celebrities are invited to talk informally about various topics.

Yes, it is.

i suppose it is. Michael McIntyre is a celebrity and he is talking informally about various topics, while the celebrities look on bemused. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An equally poor lineup next week, I think I'll pass. I'd welcome a genuine, in-depth Parkinson-meets-Hard Talk style talk show, this one is just feeble and redundant.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Sugar looked confused :D
    He did! oops....haha was Michael supposed to mention the next series of the Apprentice coming soon? :D He was like an over-excitable puppy and the show was like a sit down, stand up, but an entertaining half hour nevertheless!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chat show.

Yes, it is.

The 'celebrities' didn't get time to talk about one topic leave alone 'various' ones.

So no it isn't!
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Norton himself gets buried alive. Dude is just way too camp and like McIntyre today has to resort to humiliating random ass guests for some cheap laughs. Whilst Norton geuinely finds the chair thing hilarious like some kind of child, you can tell his guests are laughing at the stupidity of the whole thing.

Jonahan Ross' original bbc show was easily the best out of the three. Best i can say about Norton is that he isn't as dreadful as McIntyre today.

Norton doesn't get 'buried alive'. He sits back once he's initiated the topic of conversation and let's the guests talk to him and each other and relax - that's why he gets the best interviews out of them.

Jonathan Ross spent far too much time talking over his guests about himself. Not to mention resorting to crude humour when feeling he was losing the audience.
  • Options
    jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    I like Michael McIntyre and the show was quite entertaining, but I don't think he's that suited to it and looks very worried, which doesn't give a relaxed feeling to the show. If he calms down a bit it could be quite a good little show, but he MUST STOP SHOUTING!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'celebrities' didn't get time to talk about one topic leave alone 'various' ones.

So no it isn't!

Yes they did, you're just choosing to pretend they didn't because you didn't enjoy it. How much they spoke is irrelevant. They did speak about various topics. It was a chat show. That simply cannot be argued.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really makes you wish you were watching Graham Norton, Jonathan Ross or Paul O'Grady instead. Whatever you may think of them they sure do effortlessly hold a chat show together single-handedly with natural easy going charm and quick-wit.

With this show we're closer to 'Davina' territory http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497854/ ^_^ Hahahahahaha

I would even go as far to say that The Alan Titchmarsh Show is more bearable than this. :o haha
  • Options
    LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He (Sugar) does them because he probably enjoys having the likes of McIntyre simpering around him, generally massaging his massive ego.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes they did, you're just choosing to pretend they didn't because you didn't enjoy it. How much they spoke is irrelevant. They did speak about various topics. It was a chat show. That simply cannot be argued.

Oh my! You are one of those.

Bye!
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was awful, and I like McIntyre in standup. Lily Allen got it right when she said they could probably have got a show out of the Mobile phone gag, it was the best thing in it.
    The chat with Terry Wogan just about worked, but he's the ultimate professional. After that it was embarrassingly poor.