Options

The Past Returns This Autumn.....

WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Found this on the save BBC Three Facebook page:-

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=224625431072586&set=a.222506027951193.1073741828.222505331284596&type=1&theater

Didn't realise that particular actor was involved in Series 8, let the speculation about who he might be playing commence....:D

Comments

• Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fake (unless the BBC Doctor Who website displays this poster). Anyway it is far too early for posters about the next series. I also believe they won't announce who the big bad is this far in advance.
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Not an official poster I think...
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That looks pretty cool. Would be great casting. Shame it's a fake!
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite obviously fake.
    His face doesn't look right.
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are they always pretending things that have already happened or are going to happen in the future wooh how clever
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Apologies if this has been posted before, but found this intruiging:-

http://aboutactorcharlesdance.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/about-dr-who-rumor.html
    supposed accidental tweet of promo images for series 8 with one saying 'master simm' and another saying 'master dance regen'

possibly fake, but who knows?. It's worth noting that it was posted on more than one website.
  • Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

supposed accidental tweet of promo images for series 8 with one saying 'master simm' and another saying 'master dance regen'

possibly fake, but who knows?. It's worth noting that it was posted on more than one website.

99% sure it is a fake. Why would they have an image of the regeneration as a promo?
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd actually like to be wrong here, but don't think there's a snowballs that they'd be preparing promo stuff two and a half months into filming of the series.
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As the person that screencapped it is sammi carters best buddy I'm sure its fake.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All these half arsed attempts at fakery are getting terribly boring. What's worrying is how many people fall for is. Already all over Twitter etc.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    A fake. A very sloppy fake at that.

All you need to do is look at it in a bit more detail...

The banner at the top of Twitter in this image is black, whilst it has since been replaced with a white one. There are other design changes that have been in place for about a month or so ('Connect' at the top has since become 'Notifications' that suggest that the image here is a photoshopped screencap from before January.

The images that appear on the left hand side in the 'Photos and videos' section are from The Angels Take Manhattan. These images were posted at the end of January, meaning that the image itself was made at the end of January... just as the tweet beneath the alleged spoiler one suggests (which was posted on January 25th). There is no way something this big would have gone unnoticed until mid-March.

There's also the issue that most image files don't appear like that in Tweets - Twitter shortens them to tidy things up.

I could go on, but I might miss a genuine spoiler if I did that. :D
    Not a dig at the person who posted it here mind you, just at the people who waste all their time doing things like this. It's not even a fake poster which can be appreciated for its artistic value :p
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    . just as the tweet beneath the alleged spoiler one suggests (which was posted on January 25th). There is no way something this big would have gone unnoticed until mid-March.

Not saying it isn't a fake but just pointing out that this image has been online since Jan (the linked article is dated 27th Jan) and has been discussed back then so it hasn't gone unnoticed till mid March.
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fake. A very sloppy fake at that.

All you need to do is look at it in a bit more detail...

The banner at the top of Twitter in this image is black, whilst it has since been replaced with a white one. There are other design changes that have been in place for about a month or so ('Connect' at the top has since become 'Notifications' that suggest that the image here is a photoshopped screencap from before January.

The images that appear on the left hand side in the 'Photos and videos' section are from The Angels Take Manhattan. These images were posted at the end of January, meaning that the image itself was made at the end of January... just as the tweet beneath the alleged spoiler one suggests (which was posted on January 25th). There is no way something this big would have gone unnoticed until mid-March.

There's also the issue that most image files don't appear like that in Tweets - Twitter shortens them to tidy things up.

I could go on, but I might miss a genuine spoiler if I did that. :D
    Not a dig at the person who posted it here mind you, just at the people who waste all their time doing things like this. It's not even a fake poster which can be appreciated for its artistic value :p

Strewth! If the Doctor meet you, he certainly make you a companion! :-)