Options

If Bruce was to leave - who would you like to replace him?

Comments

• Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    How about Sir Cliff Richard?

.....but he tries to sing and I'm not too sure about the hair either. ;-)
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member

Would he host the Halloween show?

And they might not be able to pretend the results show was on a Sunday??

He has also not hosted a TV entertainment show for about 40 years.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    His ego is only just less than Fforsyth's, and he hasn't grown up. I know we all think we're still 26 in our minds, but look in the mirror .....................
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philip Schofield?
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Philip Schofield?

Omigod! No, no, NO!

The man has a bigger ego than FForsyth, if that is humanly possible, and infinitely less talent at anything worthwhile.
  • Options
    poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need someone with enough wellie to keep the judges in line when they start squabbling, or when they are offensive to a contestant.

Paxman?
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DM reporting its Claudia has got the job.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed for Tess and Claudia. They've done a great job so far and should be the automatic choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need someone with enough wellie to keep the judges in line when they start squabbling, or when they are offensive to a contestant.

But not someone who often showed favouritism to particular contestants, such as FForsyth often did.

A good presenter, (not like FF), can manage the logistics without being obtrusive. And, of course, we do have to assume some degree of maturity in the Judges.
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to take this opportunity to sack Tess Daly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    They need to take this opportunity to sack Tess Daly.

Why??

She did a very competent job and was especially good covering up the endless mistakes that FForsyth made.

She kept the show running to time and, above all, never tried to take over the show.

They could do a lot worse than continue using her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Bradley Walsh, could be good and possibly Brian Conley. My choice would be Gethin Jones, good presenter and a previous contestant! I personally would not want Graham Norton, or Anton DuBeke, not sure Claudia and Tess is ideal either. Although I do like them on the results show not sure they are right for the main show
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris1347 wrote: »
    I think Bradley Walsh, could be good and possibly Brian Conley. My choice would be Gethin Jones, good presenter and a previous contestant! I personally would not want Graham Norton, or Anton DuBeke, not sure Claudia and Tess is ideal either. Although I do like them on the results show not sure they are right for the main show

Bradley Walsh yes..Brian Connely no.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    Maybe they should go for a 'Have I Got News For You' scenario and have a different guest presenter each week and then pick the best one for the permanent job.

It might not work but it would make for good telly :)
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    As long as it's someone who................

Has a sense of humour but doesn't tell toe-curling jokes.
    Doesn't have a huge ego
    Doesn't try to sing or dance

...............and most importantly

Has their own hair.

I'd be really pleased if, as unlikely as it might be, Michael Crawford were to be approached.

Capable of comedy,.
    I don't know about the size of his ego.
    He doesn't try to sing, he does sing and rather well too IMHO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Maybe they should go for a 'Have I Got News For You' scenario and have a different guest presenter each week and then pick the best one for the permanent job.

It might not work but it would make for good telly :)

What a great idea!:) Make for a really interesting series and they could try out all sorts of presenters until they find the right combination?!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on Claudia & Tess presenting the show, I'd like a male presenter with Tess. My choice would be Paddy Mcguiness, he's not got dance experience that I know of, but he's good with people and a good host, likeable & I think a little humour is needed at times.
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on Claudia & Tess presenting the show, I'd like a male presenter with Tess. My choice would be Paddy Mcguiness, he's not got dance experience that I know of, but he's good with people and a good host, likeable & I think a little humour is needed at times.

Please no - I can't stand Paddy McGuiness!
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    Please no - I can't stand Paddy McGuiness!

He has a big fat contract with ITV so is never likely to be a contender.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    He has a big fat contract with ITV so is never likely to be a contender.

Boo, that's no good!!!
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    When I read that Chris Evans was in the frame, my first reaction was "don't be daft."
    But now I've thought about it, I think he could be very good as Host.
    The Host really doesn't need to be a dancer or have technical dance knowledge. An experienced presenter used to live tv could easily do it.

I think Brian Conley could also be a good Host but isn't he contractually obliged to the Touring production of Barnum and his cabaret shows? Although maybe he would be out of contract by the time the show comes back.
    And of course Graham Norton could do the job - but I think he's got enough on his plate with his other BBC work.
    Barrowman could easily do it but I think he has too many haters. And he probably would be all 'me me me' and that was what made a lot of people dislike Bruce as Host.

I do think it is time the seemingly written in stone law that tv shows must have two presenters consisting of one male and one female was scrapped.

Fern Britton could Host. She's an experienced presenter who can handle live telly - but oh no, the post has to be taken by a man.

Unless of course, they go with Claudia and Tess.

I just hope they pick someone I like.
    I spent most of my time Fast Forwarding Bruce's sections and I'd really like not to have to do that again now he's gone.

:D
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Whoever the BBC decide on will have a whole host of people criticising him/her before they've even appeared on the show.
  • Options
    BruciesChinBruciesChin Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Jim Davidson
  • Options
    dachsedachse Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim Davidson

OMG - NEVER :o
  • Options
    dachsedachse Posts: 582