Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what's all this about 'not being able to find talon bullets', so using something else?

How CRAPPY is that?

And there was even Oscarluvvy Skylady saying they got hold of them no problem.

Stinks.

The defense have scored ANOTHER own goal, it looks like.
    Yes.

Alex Crawford @: Sky did a test with black talon bullets - and we were supplied with them within a day

Alex Crawford ‏@AlexCrawfordSky
    #oscartrial Dixon says black talons were not used on the door tests as there was a difficulty getting them

Alex Crawford ‏@AlexCrawfordSky
    #oscartrial Nel asks what ammo he used for test. Dixon: There was problem getting black talon (bullets). Believe it was ranger ammo
  • barrbarrellabarrbarrella Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    I think Oscar got scared and lost the plot - he made so many mistakes as he called them - on that Stand the pressure must be overwhelming, how he coped under pressure was clear, he couldn't ! Nel went all over the place with questioning for that very reason, so that if he had been coached , prepared to answer questions in order of them happening he'd be well prepared - Nel made sure he didn't keep to any pattern, for that reason, tactics, and he got out of Oscar just about as much as he could , and boy did he get Oscar incriminating himself.

yes ic.... yes true... Nel was all over the place, OP possibly expected to basically recount his version from beginning to end straight through basically and as we know, nel was off here there and everywhere, throwing in stuff about the other gun charges at times, in between, yes OP could not get into his safe version and just go through it as he wished...
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    porky42 wrote: »
    Oooh no, there are rules about scaring FMs

Ah but I don't scare easily, just admit you're shy
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smacka wrote: »
    I agree with you, what I don't agree with is calling a man a moron for giving his opinion, or slagging off the university he works for, especially as everybody on here has an opinion of sorts.

Basically smacka, he's there as an expert, and Nel was right to make him admit he wasn't.

And that his 'testimony' wasn't an 'expert' one and should be dismissed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Went downstairs to charge his phone after he shot Reeva... I cannot believe him!!!>:(

he said he can't remember doing that - he said somebody must have
    wonder if that 's the point the phone went walkies and wasn't handed in to police, or it was changed with another ? who knows/

Nel didn't press him on that did he ?
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be anyone coming up for Roux that is very important to case , are both the Standers on his list ?

I hope there's a psychologist - would love to hear that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically smacka, he's there as an expert, and Nel was right to make him admit he wasn't.

twitter - Mandy Wiener ‏@MandyWiener 12h
    Won't be long before there are T-shirts for sale outside court reading 'Ask Me - I'm an Expert Witness'.

:D:D
    she goes on :

Nel working to undermine Dixon as an expert witness so that court will discount his testimony. That way State experts won't be contested.

https://twitter.com/MandyWiener
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has Nel already had his witnesses on (or the people hearing the noise/arguing)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    He went and charged his phone!!!! :o Nothing should surprise me as far as he's concerned but it still manages to somehow. He couldn't really give a monkey's could he? Apart from how it was going to impact on him I mean >:(

I find it interesting that the phones weren't 'on charge' when they 'went to bed'.

And OP has to 'charge' his phone, so keen to do that, later, after the event.

He really was concerned with the 'outside world' there, not traumatized by murdering reeva.

He's horrifying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    I hope there's a psychologist - would love to hear that.

I'd LOVE to see OPs Auntie psychologist getting cross examined by Nel.

But then I'm a bit mean.:D
  • Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ;-)

LOl too true, he was no expert at all, in his OWN WORDS he was a layman roux might as wellhave had me or you therewith all our education and knowledge and experience!
  • smackasmacka Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never called him anything.

But I've also heard a number of 'neutral' posters absolutely SLATE the prosecution witnesses, in worse ways. And the civilians have NOTHING to gain.

Bus Stop insisted they made it up because they wanted to please and get their moment of fame, and Mrs Stipp called all sorts of nasty liar with Knobs on.

So when people get all irate, I think - Dixon is PAID, and he doesn't HAVE credibility. The civilian prosecution witnesses were awesome in their truth, and it didn't match easily either.

So basically, I think some things should be sucked up.

I personally have never slated any of the witnesses either, it's common knowledge I'm not enamoured with Nellies tactics but that doesn't make him a moron.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be anyone coming up for Roux that is very important to case , are both the Standers on his list ?

That will be a boring testimony, and a FASCINATING cross.

I'm looking forward to it.

I sometimes wonder whether those that supported Pistorius are now in a terrible way, realising they've taken him at face value and believing him.

And that includes the witnesses, they may even be seeing it differently now.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it interesting that the phones weren't 'on charge' when they 'went to bed'.

And OP has to 'charge' his phone, so keen to do that, later, after the event.

He really was concerned with the 'outside world' there, not traumatized by murdering reeva.

He's horrifying.

It certainly is an interesting demo of exactly where his priorities lay. If I had shot the love of my life in the way OP did charging my phone would be odd the scale of priorities . Having said that I still mostly use my land line :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stander was in Court today, he was due to go on after Dixon !!

tomorrow then - should be good !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd LOVE to see OPs Auntie psychologist getting cross examined by Nel.

But then I'm a bit mean.:D

no its not mean its a great idea
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    Criminologist and Forensic Profiler, Laurie Pieters - OP Trial Day 24, 15 April 2014

http://oscartrial.dstv.com/video/512794/category/0

Interesting to hear her views about lateness of defence carrying out tests. Also comments on Dixon.

Always interesting to see these ones. Thanks. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smacka wrote: »
    I personally have never slated any of the witnesses either, it's common knowledge I'm not enamoured with Nellies tactics but that doesn't make him a moron.

Then you are excused from my 'bloody hell, what hypocrisy' list smacka:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    It certainly is an interesting demo of exactly where his priorities lay. If I had shot the love of my life in the way OP did charging my phone would be odd the scale of priorities . Having said that I still mostly use my land line :blush:

what's a land line ?

(:D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cg_Evans wrote: »
    no its not mean its a great idea

At this stage I'm HOPING the defence bring her ON.

:blush::D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Cg_Evans wrote: »
    ;-)

LOl too true, he was no expert at all, in his OWN WORDS he was a layman roux might as wellhave had me or you therewith all our education and knowledge and experience!

It was a bit like watching catchphrase , say what you see Dixon...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this stage I'm HOPING the defence bring her ON.

:blush::D:D:D

the more loonies on the defence the better

:D

The sooner the psycho who pummelled his girlfriend with black talons and killed her is sent down the better

The killer bastard can appeal from hs jail cell
    A poster whose name i forget asked me yesterday if i was on a jury what would I say, guilty or not guilty i replied saying im not 100 per cent i am now....guIlty
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's a land line ?

(:D)

Costly.
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is actually to his advantage to say he didn't think she could have (and he would have been better off had he taken a similar approach to other troublesome evidence rather than provide a possible scenario to fit the evidence) The science says she ate. He says she couldn't have, from which the clear inference is that he had no idea that she ate and that he didn't think she could have done so without disturbing him.

But if he is right, she did eat without disturbing him. She must be very ninja like. It emphasises her silent movement. capabilities.

Not quite sure I get it but thanks for replying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stander was in Court today, he was due to go on after Dixon !!

tomorrow then - should be good !

I WILL get up (still off recovering), knackered today mind and missed it, and had to do some shopping and see the AP.

I WILL, it's the last bit for AGES. :(
This discussion has been closed.