Options

Why does Myleene Klass ALWAYS bang on about immigrants, minorities etc.?

roidboy_roidboy_ Posts: 1,138
Forum Member
✭✭✭
That's all she ever bloody talks about.

what pee's me off is how she says "we arent suppose to say merry christmas", "we arent suppose to fly the union jack" because it might offend someone

i live in the most asian populated town in great britain and they have Christmas tree's in shops, people give each other christmas cards, presents etc..just to get in with the spirit of christmas. they even sing christmas songs in schools, though most of the kids aren't christian.

people like Myleena Klass get on my nerves by trying to stir up crap to be popular with the "public". i dislike this woman with a passion, i wish she'd go away.

Myleene Klass has criticised political correctness for "alienating" immigrants.

WENN reports that the television presenter believes people who move to Britain should make more of an effort to integrate into society.

"It is sad that we are not supposed to fly the Union Flag for fear of what that might misrepresent," she said. "Or that we aren't supposed to say 'Merry Christmas' anymore for fear of offending someone. What is all this 'Season's Greetings' business? It's so infuriating - in trying to please everyone, we please no-one."

Klass added that her Filipino mother had successfully integrated into British culture when she arrived in the country.

"My mother arrived from the Philippines 33 years ago and is probably the most British person I have ever met," she explained. "She made a decision to embrace our customs, culture and language. She refused to speak with fellow Filipino nurses on the wards for fear of offending her English counterparts."

Klass continued: "The government should encourage integration and education instead of sending out bills in dozens of different languages which only creates alienation.

"In a globalised world English is a key tool and it is vital that - whoever we are - we embrace it and realise what an advantage it gives us."

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    I hate Myleene Klass.

She and Kym Marsh seem to think their opinions are worth everything and that people actually want to hear them. Pair of talentless bitches. I find both women deeply irritating and I wish nothing but the most painful of deaths upon them.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    most of the people i know of who think political correctness is a load of rubbish are the ones who, upon mention of myleene, can often be found grunting "cor, wouldn't mind a go on 'er" while scratching their string-vest-covered bellies and smoothing what little hair they have left over their bald patch in what they believe to be an attractive way.

or similar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    Ooh, another one who seems to think their opinion is worth something is that Alexandra Burke. Okay her songs are alright but she has become so up her arse in the past year, like how Myleene Klass thinks she's amazing since she wore some crappy white bikini on I'm A Celeb, and Kym Marsh is the same now she's in Corrie. Can't stand them.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never heard or read Myleene say anything about immigrants before.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Neither have I .. but then I guess you live in the same alternate universe as I do.

Everyone else seems to think Myleene is "everywhere" and "on everything" when I can't remember the last time I saw her in anything.

But hey - as i always say - this is the Digital Spy Showbiz forum and god help you if you're an attractive female celebrity :D
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither have I .. but then I guess you live in the same alternate universe as I do.

Everyone else seems to think Myleene is "everywhere" and "on everything" when I can't remember the last time I saw her in anything.

But hey - as i always say - this is the Digital Spy Showbiz forum and god help you if you're an attractive female celebrity :D

if you're at home tomorrow night before "the ball drops", switch to bbc1 15 mins before and you may see a familiar face :)
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you're at home tomorrow night before "the ball drops", switch to bbc1 15 mins before and you may see a familiar face :)

I think we get a different show in Scotland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

trust me she's been harping on about the same crap for at least 3 years now. its like she uses it to get popular with the public. she doesn't even get her facts right before spouting her stereotypical crap and using her mother and her race as a pawn to get media attention.

ive seen her on the one show, question time, daily politics and that other show which comes on after question time...and ive heard her on talk sport radio. she's always on about the same crap and now i see this story on DS.

cant stand the woman...please get her off my tv screen plz god plz
  • Options
    dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What drugs are you lot on? Havent heard her or Kym Marsh spout any of the above?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a female DS member and I've never heard Myleene Klass mention immigration or minorities nor have I seen that much of her on tv except the M&S ads.

Don't have any problem with her myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roidboy_ wrote: »
    That's all she ever bloody talks about.

what pee's me off is how she says "we arent suppose to say merry christmas", "we arent suppose to fly the union jack" because it might offend someone

i live in the most asian populated town in great britain and they have Christmas tree's in shops, people give each other christmas cards, presents etc..just to get in with the spirit of christmas. they even sing christmas songs in schools, though most of the kids aren't christian.

people like Myleena Klass get on my nerves by trying to stir up crap to be popular with the "public". i dislike this woman with a passion, i wish she'd go away.

Myleene Klass has criticised political correctness for "alienating" immigrants.

WENN reports that the television presenter believes people who move to Britain should make more of an effort to integrate into society.

"It is sad that we are not supposed to fly the Union Flag for fear of what that might misrepresent," she said. "Or that we aren't supposed to say 'Merry Christmas' anymore for fear of offending someone. What is all this 'Season's Greetings' business? It's so infuriating - in trying to please everyone, we please no-one."

Klass added that her Filipino mother had successfully integrated into British culture when she arrived in the country.

"My mother arrived from the Philippines 33 years ago and is probably the most British person I have ever met," she explained. "She made a decision to embrace our customs, culture and language. She refused to speak with fellow Filipino nurses on the wards for fear of offending her English counterparts."

Klass continued: "The government should encourage integration and education instead of sending out bills in dozens of different languages which only creates alienation.

"In a globalised world English is a key tool and it is vital that - whoever we are - we embrace it and realise what an advantage it gives us."

And what's wrong with any of what she said? I totally agree with her.
  • Options
    ross8503ross8503 Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    This thred is bizarre. I have never heard Myleene Klass talking about immigrants, the way it is written its as if she talks about it all the time.
    I think someone should get a life instead of hating Myleene who always seems a perfectly decent young lady.... Jealousy is a very nasty thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jequila wrote: »
    And what's wrong with any of what she said? I totally agree with her.

maybe for the fact she's spouting crap which she read in the scummy tabloid papers

who said she can't say Merry Christmas? since when have minorities or immigrants complained about Christmas?

the fact is most minorities celebrate Christmas, how do i know this? because i am a minority and i live in a area which is 99% non white and non Christian. I was eating bloody turkey on Christmas day, drinking red wine and scoffing mince pies. I can say the same for other minorities and immigrants. Just about everybody celebrates Christmas for different reasons.

nobody gives a crap about if someone waves the union jack around, nobody gives a crap about if you say Merry Christmas..nobody is offended, unless like Myleene you believe the crap printed in the the Sun and Daily Mirror

Ive heard Myleene Klass say this a few times now, it seems like she is desperate to win points by putting down minorities and immigrants. Just because her mother was an immigrant doesnt mean she should tell porkies to make herself seem important.

the woman tries to hard to be a media ****.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody turkey? :eek:

Uh oh. Someone hasn't done that skewer-in-the-leg- test thingy. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jequila wrote: »
    Bloody turkey? :eek:

Uh oh. Someone hasn't done that skewer-in-the-leg- test thingy. :p
    :D

it wasnt bloody lol, it was delicious

although i much prefer roast chicken, it's easier on the stomach.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    Daily Hate poster girl?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newwoman wrote: »

Well neither do I. It seems her main "crime" is that she works in the television industry and .. shock horror ! .. accepts job offers !!.

She's one of the nicest people you're ever likely to meet and when you look at an expressionless, emotionless trout like Katie Price, you struggle to understand the amount of hate that Myleene can generate in this forum.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's nice to know I'm not in there alone. I don't care if Myleene has talked on this subject, she is allowed to, but she hardly bangs on about it all of the time. However, she does have personal experience of the subject, and so her opinion is valuable. Maybe she actually believes in what she is saying!:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather read her views on this than some of the vile rubbish posted on here, some people actually sick enough to wish painful death on her & KimMarsh (you people need to get some tablets or be sectioned)

The girl seems to generate a lot of hate, which seems to stem from her being pretty, intelligent & reasonably succesful/talented?
    As far as I know she pays her own way in the world & hasn't killed anyone???????

Oh & she's spot on in what she is reported as saying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member

ooh eerr...

Princess Mylene could boost her popularity with a few raunchy drama roles......maybe that is in her secret world domination masterplan word file that she keeps at home......:)
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

newwoman wrote: »
    I'm a female DS member and I've never heard Myleene Klass mention immigration or minorities nor have I seen that much of her on tv except the M&S ads.

Ditto! I have an inkling what some political parties views are on immigration, through the media, but not Myleene. Perhaps it was in an issue of the New Statesman I missed.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    She has a point. I was in my town the other day and all I heard were foreigners mumbling away in their own languages which I find very offensive as to why they were not making the effort to integrate and speak English.

When I go abroad I speak and read the language of the country I am visiting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roidboy_ wrote: »
    the fact is most minorities celebrate Christmas, how do i know this? because i am a minority and i live in a area which is 99% non white and non Christian. I was eating bloody turkey on Christmas day, drinking red wine and scoffing mince pies. I can say the same for other minorities and immigrants. Just about everybody celebrates Christmas for different reasons.

nobody gives a crap about if someone waves the union jack around, nobody gives a crap about if you say Merry Christmas..nobody is offended, unless like Myleene you believe the crap printed in the the Sun and Daily Mirror

I agree that Klass seems to be plain wrong on this point. I have NEVER heard anyone say they object to the phrase 'merry christmas'. I do know people who don't specifically celebrate Christmas at home, but they all join in happily with card-giving, and with wishing friends a Merry Christmas. The Union Jack is a slightly different matter. Police Stations in London were asked at one time not to fly one, in a way that would shock Americans to the core. But the very worst your neighbours are likely to think if you start flying a big flag is that you are some kind of sports fan. The mosque near us used to fly a union jack outside.

Having said all that, Klass sounds rather ditzy and not actually harmful. It is in the nature of celebs to voice their opinons because people ask them questions, and I have heard a lot worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has a point. I was in my town the other day and all I heard were foreigners mumbling away in their own languages which I find very offensive as to why they were not making the effort to integrate and speak English.

:confused: I am 100% sure that most people visitng other countries would continue to speak English amongst themselves. Do you really converse with your family in laboured Spanish for the duration of any holiday in Spain? If instead of 'mumbling away in their own language' you had heard people shouting it, slowly and with insulting emphasis, in the faces of people who did not speak it, you would have witnessed people actually behaving like English people abroad.
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member

What business is it of yours what language they speak? Perhaps they've just arrived here and can't speak English, or maybe they are having lessons so that they will be able to in the future.

If you're a polyglot and speak and read the language of every single country you've visited so you don't offend the natives you must be a genius. :rolleyes: