USPS First Class Mail International

TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How long does this service take i bought an item off e-bay last tuesday , the seller had dispatched it on the 28th September , the item is coming in from California btw.

Comments

• PPWWPPWW Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could take ANY time......so if I were you I'd forget about it for a while. It could take anything from 2 weeks upwards.

Also the tracking doesn't update until it's in the country, then it can sit in customs for a while.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no tracking with this service.

I would guess possibly by this friday/saturday. Based on experience it tends to be 7 working days for items that have no customs charges when USPS 1st Class is used.

Assuming it's worth less than £18 (item only, excluding p&p) then it will be delivered by a normal Royal Mail posty.

If it's worth more than £18 then it will be very delayed. VAT will be added at item cost+P&P(+£8 fee)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long does this service take i bought an item off e-bay last tuesday , the seller had dispatched it on the 28th September , the item is coming in from California btw.

Last time I used it, it took 3 days. I was extremely impressed! I think 7-10 days is more typical, though.
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can take a few weeks. There may also be some customs charges to pay, if so, the parcel will go to your main area parcel depot where you will have to collect it and pay the charges. Or you can pay over the phone and arrange delivery. Yo will recieve notification if this is the case.
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies guys :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not got my item it be 3 weeks tommorow he shipped it out , sooo slow :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not got my item it be 3 weeks tommorow he shipped it out , sooo slow :eek:

Don't you have a tracking number from the seller. It shouldn't take that long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Don't you have a tracking number from the seller. It shouldn't take that long.

No tracking number , i hope its not lost though , i bet its been stuck in customs for the past 2 weeks...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No tracking number , i hope its not lost though , i bet its been stuck in customs for the past 2 weeks...

Not unless it's illegal and has been seized.

Contact the seller if he doesn't respond start a dispute with Ebay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol its nothing illegal just a scarf and hat :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Received a fast reply from the seller :

They usually don't hold up singular items but it does occur every once in awhile. If you don't get it by the end of this week, let me know and I'll have it reshipped to you.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Received a fast reply from the seller :

They usually don't hold up singular items but it does occur every once in awhile. If you don't get it by the end of this week, let me know and I'll have it reshipped to you.

If it comes to the seller re-shipping the item, keep an eye on the days since you bought the item. You only get 45 days to raise a paypal claim, so if you don't see anything by around that time, open a dispute to be on the safe side. Even if you think it will come the next day. And if/when it does turn up you can close the claim.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    If it comes to the seller re-shipping the item, keep an eye on the days since you bought the item. You only get 45 days to raise a paypal claim, so if you don't see anything by around that time, open a dispute to be on the safe side. Even if you think it will come the next day. And if/when it does turn up you can close the claim.

Will do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will do.

USPS provide a tracking number don't they for international. Ask him for the tracking number.

Remember you only have a certain time to open a dispute with Ebay. He might just be fobbing you off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    USPS provide a tracking number don't they for international. Ask him for the tracking number.
    While they do often provide a tracking number for this service, the service is not strictly trackable. If you try track a parcel sent 1st Class International, quite often you'll get nothing at all. Occasionally you may get a few updates as it moves through the US. Either way, the tracking would stop once it leaves the US. It's the cheapest service they offer and doesn't provide tracking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While they do often provide a tracking number for this service, the service is not strictly trackable. If you try track a parcel sent 1st Class International, quite often you'll get nothing at all. Occasionally you may get a few updates as it moves through the US. Either way, the tracking would stop once it leaves the US. It's the cheapest service they offer and doesn't provide tracking.

I had a parcel recently and it was tracked to Stansted. At least I knew it had been posted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not got my parcel and the seller has re-shipped a replacement 2 weeks ago so waiting for that now :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today i got the parcel after waiting exactly 2 months to get the item i wanted , the 1st one never turned up but the 2nd shipment got here in the end , such a long wait though for such a small package :confused:.