Comments

• dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Last Mistress 7/10 Quite disappointed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I just watched Somebody help me ....about

A weekend break turns into a gruesome nightmare in this suspense horror. Brendan Young (Marques Houston) and Darryl Jennings (Omarion) head off with their girlfriends and a group of friends for a weekend of fun and relaxation in the woods to celebrate Brendan's birthday. But every time the group goes to the nearby town, one of their number ends up either missing or dead. The survivors must now race to uncover the horrific truth at the heart of this small town before everyone ends up dead.

not bad tonight..bit scary, creepy and was
    people getting ears cut off, head/scalp cut off and their face, so gruesome
    ...will give it just 6/10 though :D..there could be a sequel :yawn: but i shall give it a miss
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Prometheus: absolutely loved it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Total Recall (2012) 5/10 A remake of the 1990 Schwarzenegger vehicle that was set on Mars. This version places the action on a war scarred Earth where space is at a premium. Britain is now the worlds superpower with Australia reduced to colony status. Farrell is an undercover agent whose repressed memories start to resurface when he visits a Rekall centre where you can have false memories implanted of any fantasy you want. But it goes wrong and he soon learns of a conspiracy headed by Britain’s Chancellor to invade the colony. For all the money spent on it, ($125,000,000 estimated compared to the originals $65,000,000 estimated), the flashy effects and the big action scenes the film lacks that ‘something’ that the original had. I found myself falling asleep and not really caring if I missed something!
    Forum Member
    Bruno. Absolutely cringe-worthy stuff, but REALLY made me titter like a little girl!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Predators. Awesomenesses from the start, right up to Laurence Fishburne 'smoking them out' (or smoking them in) to get their gear.

At which point in the script I'm thinking they changed writers, because it turned to drivel.

The end fight was particularly disappointing.

M - E - H
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shutter Island

Almost a great film if you know what I mean.....
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Fog ......right now ITV 4

Brilliant!!! The 1980 original
    Forum Member
    semiminted wrote: »
    The Fog ......right now ITV 4

Brilliant!!! The 1980 original

I've had it on Blu Ray for about three years and I still can't watch it on my own. I think it's the only movie that properly freaks me out. A true classic!

Now, for fun, you should go watch the truly EXCELLENT remake :P
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lawless (2012) 6/10
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Unthinkable - 2/10

What the funk was Jackson and moss thinking when they signed up for this?!? Just dreadful.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moulin Rouge - 7/10
    Beautiful film. Nicole Kidman is a revelation. This should of won her the oscar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    The Cabin in the Woods 10/10
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hobbit 9/10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Thaw 6.5/10 - It's about a parasite which gets released from a melting polar cap and the group who finds it (2009). With Val Kilmer and available on Lovefilms.

It's entertaining enough. There is a bit of a 'global warming message' which does make sense in the context of the film.
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twilight 10/10
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,162
    Forum Member
    Strangers on a Train (1951) - 7.5/10
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cabin in the Woods 10/10

Cabin in the Woods - 2/10.

A little twist on the slasher genre for me but with said twist being a bit disjointed.
    Especially as 'The Virgin' wasn't a virgin. Choices didn't really matter in the end the world was fooked because the guys in charge chose wrongly. Or did I mishear the conversation at the start in the girls bedroom?
    Forum Member
    Dickson Greeting (1891) (Experimental) 7/10 It’s May 20th 1891 and the 150 members of the National Federation of Women's Clubs gather at the Edison Lab for one of the first public presentations of a motion picture. What they see is a small pine box with a hole in the top about an inch wide, this was a prototype Kinetoscope. What the ladies of the clubs saw when they peered through the hole was a 30 second black and white silent moving image of a moustachioed man wearing a waistcoat and tie with his hat in his hands passing it in front of him. The man was William Dickson and the film is now known as ‘Dickson Greeting’. Later that year three detailed patents were filed for the camera and apparatus for exhibiting photographs of moving images. By the following year plans were in place to add a slot to the viewing apparatus for accepting coins and shortly afterwards the design of the Kinetoscope was more or less complete.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Predators - 8/10

Adrien Brody's Batman voice gets worse as the film goes on.

Resident Evil 5 tonight.
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unthinkable - 2/10

What the funk was Jackson and moss thinking when they signed up for this?!? Just dreadful.

i didnt mind it i would say a 5.5/10
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jurassic Park 3 - 5/10 - just when I thought it was going to really get started, I checked to see how long was left and was surprised to see it was coming to an end! Also, a bit daft that ITV2 showed JP on Monday but omitted to show JP2 before showing JP3 :rolleyes:

King Kong - 7/10 - I remember sitting in the cinema watching this and getting a sore backside. Superlong version from Jackson, and the CGI was terrible during the dinosaur stampede, but still relatively enjoyable. I missed the first 35 minutes but didn't really miss anything. Still can't beat the original though.
  • Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super (2010) - 7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Bolt - Enjoyable watch and made me laugh quite a bit, but very predictable and the themes have been dealt with better before. Also, the point of Bolt not really being a superdog is kind of diluted by his ability to catch up with speeding vehicles, read maps and hitchhike across America, outwit practically ever human he comes across and generally be a superdog in a different way. 4/5

Blade Runner - Absolutely brilliant. 5/5
    Forum Member
    Pauvre Pierrot (1892) 7/10 October 28th 1892 at the Musée Grévin in Paris the French public gather to witness the opening of Charles-Émile Reynaud’s Théâtre Optique and see the first exhibition of his show billed as Pantomimes Lumineuses. Reynaud was a French Science teacher who took the Phenakistiscope and Zoetrope and improved upon them creating the Praxinoscope. The Théâtre Optique system, a large scale Praxinoscope, had been developed by Reynaud in 1888 and is believed to be the first usage of film perforations. With Reynaud acting as the projectionist behind a translucent screen three animated shorts were shown. Pauvre Pierrot, (Poor Pete), one of those shown, consisted of between 500 and 600 individually hand painted frames and tells the tale of two suitors each vying for a young girl’s affections but one suitor loses out when a trick is played on him and forces him to he give up and leave leaving the winner to jump with joy.

Blacksmith Scene (1893) 6/10 May 9th 1893 saw the first publicly shown film produced by Edison’s Kinetoscope. Shown at the Brooklyn Institute of Arts and Sciences, ‘Blacksmith Scene’ was shot by William Heise and directed by William Dickson together with the earliest known example of using actors. Produced in Edison’s new ‘Black Maria’ studio, the film shows three ‘Smiths’ working and sharing a drink. A year later in New York the first commercial motion picture house was opened utilizing the Kinetoscope. The parlor had ten machines each with a different movie and for 50 cents a viewer could see the entire bill. So successful was this that new parlors opened up in Chicago and San Francisco. Within the first year of commercialization Edison’s company made more than $85,000 profit.
This discussion has been closed.