Cameron's holiday in Ibiza

Comments

• Options
    regbobsalregbobsal Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »

You are the one who commented on it, so it must matter to
    you!.
    I see you have sent a link as to the state of the British railway system. why is beyond me, but while we are on the subject,Is it not the government of the day,s responsibility to sort it out?.London to Edinburgh?, he,s in IBIZA!.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »

It mattered enough to you that you started making claims about RAF planes and flight times...from what appears to be a rather limited knowledge of the hardware available to the relevant unit based at Brize Norton.

I would put the spade away if I were you...either that or find a ladder to take down the hole with you :D
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    No what you said was that he could do the trip in an hour in an RAF plane...and knowing someone who works with the aircraft the RAF makes available for govt/royal family I could have told you that was BS...that the only RAF planes capable of doing the trip in an hour would be something like a Typhoon fighter.

It would probably have to be based on the island as well, ready - I'm not sure the RAF has a base on Ibiza...

*walks away whistling*
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would probably have to be based on the island as well, ready - I'm not sure the RAF has a base on Ibiza...

*walks away whistling*

Quite...so an hour for the Typhoon to get there and an hour back...whoops...it might actually be quicker to fly commercial after all ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    regbobsal wrote: »
    There is NO need of cameron anyway, what does he do?.

Assuming this isn't some partisan cheap shot, we have Wikipedia and other Internet resources for answering these kinds of questions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_the_United_Kingdom
  • Options
    PeggysDadPeggysDad Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annsyre, you seem to have missed (ignored) the post earlier asking you what exactly Cameron has done about this situation?
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh, it's this thread again.
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    That David Cameron should only wear new clothes while on holiday?

I think you'll find the same posters would then be accusing him of extravagance ind being out of touch with the country, when normal working families can't afford new clothes.
  • Options
    DavserDavser Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A guy got murdered, it's not 7/7.

Can't understand why the Mail are in a strop for.
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    I think you'll find the same posters would then be accusing him of extravagance ind being out of touch with the country, when normal working families can't afford new clothes.

Exactly. And no doubt being bought with the "undeserved massive pay rise he's just had".

The best thing about this thread is that it shows the extent to which the papers can pump out crap at will and still manage to get sections of the public foaming away in outrage.
  • Options
    redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Jilly wrote: »
    I am surprised this is front page news on most papers.

Wern't you complaining about certain MP's choosing to remain on holiday rather than attend the thatcher tributes in the commons?
  • Options
    mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davser wrote: »
    A guy got murdered, it's not 7/7.

Can't understand why the Mail are in a strop for.

It is because of the issue with Europe. Murdoch, the Telegraph, the Mail and the Express want the UK to get out. Because they see Cameron as dragging his feet, they are going for him in the hope that the Tories will dump him before the general election and elect a new leader/PM who is far more eurosceptic. They see Cameron as a loser at the 2015 general election amid competition for votes from UKIP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    Could you give us a rundown on the things he is doing " relatively well", because from where im standing he hasn't done anything at all well!.

It would take a while - relatively well was the important phrase - considering the mess that was inherited from Labour - immigration, for example - but also creating the FSA prior to the bank crisis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would take a while - relatively well was the important phrase - considering the mess that was inherited from Labour - immigration, for example - but also creating the FSA prior to the bank crisis.

So you are saying it was all labours fault?. Nothing what so ever to do with the failure of the bankers or a global recession?. & "relatively well" is not what i have seen in the last 3 years. I have seen total stagnation from an incompetent chancellor praised by a egotistical prime minister. The country is NOT getting better it is in limbo. Cameron made promise after promise & has reneged on every one. If you can find any promises he has kept, i would be grateful if you could share them with me. The fact is, he is ineffective, out of touch & useless!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mithy73 wrote: »
    Assuming this isn't some partisan cheap shot, we have Wikipedia and other Internet resources for answering these kinds of questions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_the_United_Kingdom

I would say your statement was a "partisan cheap shot" at defending the useless idiot!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aftershow wrote: »

Let alone holidays!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »
    Exactly. And no doubt being bought with the "undeserved massive pay rise he's just had".

The best thing about this thread is that it shows the extent to which the papers can pump out crap at will and still manage to get sections of the public foaming away in outrage.

Or even convincing sections that cameron really gives an iota about the public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you are saying it was all labours fault?.

Wasn't it? I agree it was banking that failed - but that was the responsibility of the financial watchdogs which were formed by government.

The question is would the Bank of England have made a better watchdog than the FSA?
    Nothing what so ever to do with the failure of the bankers or a global recession?.

I don't see why 'entanglement' couldn't have been minimized.
    & "relatively well" is not what i have seen in the last 3 years. I have seen total stagnation from an incompetent chancellor praised by a egotistical prime minister. The country is NOT getting better it is in limbo. Cameron made promise after promise & has reneged on every one. If you can find any promises he has kept, i would be grateful if you could share them with me. The fact is, he is ineffective, out of touch & useless!.

I don't think it matters if he changes his mind.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our elected representatives seem to have a staggering amount of holidays.

Between that, their well above average basic salaries, plus extremely generous expenses & cast iron pensions, they're onto a right cushy number there.

I'd love a first class ticket to ride on that gravy train (paid for by taxpayers of course)!

Anyone want to vote for me at the next election?;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it? I agree it was banking that failed - but that was the responsibility of the financial watchdogs which were formed by government.

The question is would the Bank of England have made a better watchdog than the FSA?

Remind me again what Conservative position on banking regulation was?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Remind me again what Conservative position on banking regulation was?

They weren't in power at the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I would say your statement was a "partisan cheap shot" at defending the useless idiot!.

You would fail at logic and reason if you did say such a thing, since there was nothing whatsoever in my reply that could possibly have been construed as partisan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They weren't in power at the time.

Ah, so that completely negates the fact that Cameron would have happily gone with LESS regulation.

It's handy, this "not in power" lark. Remind me to use it whenever someone next complains about what Labour's position is on something.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't see why 'entanglement' couldn't have been minimized.

I don't think it matters if he changes his mind.

Changes his mind?, what mind!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Our elected representatives seem to have a staggering amount of holidays.

Between that, their well above average basic salaries, plus extremely generous expenses & cast iron pensions, they're onto a right cushy number there.

I'd love a first class ticket to ride on that gravy train (paid for by taxpayers of course)!

Anyone want to vote for me at the next election?;)

CORRECT!. At last, someone who sees through their fiddling, lies & self serving greed!.