1 million votes for Sam?

welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
Forum Member
Lmao! They used to get huge votes in the early days.

Comments

• SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    That is very low. It means there were less than 2million votes for the final. In previous years they used to get over 8million votes!
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick got 4 votes
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must have been around 1.5m-2.0m votes... there was 8m for Leona's year and 10m for Alexandra's/Matt's year.
  • sweetie939sweetie939 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    I thought it seems quite high. I know the ratings for the show have gone down on general. Personally, I didn't vote at all
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously? There used to be that number mid-series
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is that very low? Thats more votes than they have had in the last two years!

Over 1 000 000 for one person! Is amazing!!! Esepcially when its only getting 8 million viewers!

15 000 000 votes in 2010 throughout the whole seriesss! 1000000 in ONE NIGHT FOR ONE PERSON!
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Must have been around 1.5m-2.0m votes... there was 8m for Leona's year and 10m for Alexandra's/Matt's year.

I'm really surprised they mentioned it.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Yeah but it shows how much more invested the 2010 audience was in the contestants. Hardly any cares who won this time.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Gareth Gates got 4.2 million votes back in the day, and he lost! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    Well duh, the ratings have gone down. Its still a lot though.
  • RegTheDonkRegTheDonk Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Thought that myself when Dermot announced it.

I guess as long as its making money then carry on regardless, but surely ITV and Syco must be worried. Thats millions lost in phone votes every week, compared to previous years?
  • ellie-wellieellie-wellie Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    How is that very low? Thats more votes than they have had in the last two years!

Over 1 000 000 for one person! Is amazing!!! Esepcially when its only getting 8 million viewers!

15 000 000 votes in 2010 throughout the whole seriesss! 1000000 in ONE NIGHT FOR ONE PERSON!

1,000,000 over two nights.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1,000,000 over two nights.

for one person over two nights is bloody amazing! Especially in 2010 when 17 million were watching there were 15 000 000 throughout the whole series!
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew the ratings were low but still surprised at the low voting figure for this series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Cosya wrote: »
    Nick got 4 votes

:D:D:D
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Ray getting three and a half million, 40% of the total
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    congrats to Sam miles ahead of the others and well done Sharon your first win :):):):):):D:D:D:D:D
  • DiandalScotlandDiandalScotland Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RegTheDonk wrote: »
    Thought that myself when Dermot announced it.

I guess as long as its making money then carry on regardless, but surely ITV and Syco must be worried. Thats millions lost in phone votes every week, compared to previous years?
    But who needs votes when they had already decided who would win.
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But wait! How is this possible? I thought Nick was guaranteed 5.5 million votes from Scotland???!!!???:D
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I remember Ray getting three and a half million, 40% of the total

So Leona was well over 4000000 then? Makes a million look quite small :D
  • velixavelixa Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    I realised that the winner was way ahead when I realised Dermot was not going on about how close the vote is.
  • YorkshireLass7YorkshireLass7 Posts: 3,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only really followed 2009 and that year I think the final had about 17 million viewers and Joe got over 6 million votes out of 10 million :)

So if my maths is correct viewer numbers have halved in 4 years and votes are down by at least 80% :(
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those figures are exceptionally poor.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Why are people so surprised, the viewing figures are well down.

Did people think they would keep polling the same amount of votes :confused:
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    Why are people so surprised, the viewing figures are well down.

Did people think they would keep polling the same amount of votes :confused:

Not surprised at all : it was the worst series ever and very lacklustre from the opening live show onwards.