Forum Member
✭✭
I heard it is coming back

Comments

• thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,554
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    I heard it is coming back

Wouldn't be surprising - given they haven't stuck with alternatives like Splash, or found a better solution.They seem to have rejected the idea of people in swimming costumes - that had obvious visual potential , doing anything - as most couldn't do much but fall, and the actually falling took seconds of tv time. There's not obviously much else that you can do thats worth watching , and safe enough. TV has already tried celebrity horse jumping, ski jumping, , the games , circus skills, and gymnastics - with a host of injuries to show for it.

Problem is DOI had pretty much oollapsed by the end of the final series. The choregraphy was stale, the allocation of the choregraphy continually shaped the result, the marking was random and /or biased, and the audience voted for anyone they had seen on an iTV soap recently - regardless of whether they were actually doing anything at all difficult. The voting results and the judges marking, are both now detached from the performances.

They also hit the problem that ,even the few people able to bring some new moves and tricks to the show, couldn't do them reliably , and some people, with real potential to expand the show ,left very early, and those that stayed didn't get any votes for doing something new. and difficult. That just leaves the viewers watching moves they have seen before many, many, times. . And there's another problem - in that the best performers have always been dancers - and they are running out of dancers - unless they start using some of the really good ones from SCD, or the ones who are too good to be ever let on to SCD
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was April 1 OP, but the joke may be on the jokers ;)
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    I wish it was coming back, but sadly I think the show is dead in the water now. Who knows, maybe ITV may decide to renew the show in a couple of years?
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't surprise me if a Skating with the Stars name popped up somewhere in a few years.
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    Wish It would come back but since ITV now have the voice cant see it somehow. Favourite contestant ever for me Ray Quinn and Suzanne Shaw
    Least favourite for me Vanilla Ice Aggie McKenzie