Last Resort on Sky 1 (UK Pace)

Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
Forum Member
Didn't see a thread for this. Thoughts on the first episode?

I can see why it's on Sky 1 and not Sky Atlantic, but it was decent enough to get me to watch again.

Comments

• David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. A few scenes were very tense and the characters seem interesting. I originally thought the island was going to be deserted and was worried it would turn into a LOST clone so it was nice to see it actually be inhabited by a civilised society. I can't wait to see how it all pans out. A plus was Autumn Reeser appearing half naked.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really enjoyed it, I just hope it doesn't turn really weird like Lost. I hope it becomes a battle between them and whoever was shootiing missioes at them, I haven't read about it on IMDB so I don't know what is due to happen.
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it. Looking forward to finding out what the seals did, and what happens to the loved ones of the crew.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,929
    Forum Member
    Didn't see a thread for this. Thoughts on the first episode?

I can see why it's on Sky 1 and not Sky Atlantic, but it was decent enough to get me to watch again.
    The thread is in Cult unlike the US pace thread which is here.
  • Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    Strange. I can't see why this would be considered "cult" by any definition, even the very vague definition on DS.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Strange. I can't see why this would be considered "cult" by any definition, even the very vague definition on DS.
    It might go cult, if black smoke appears on the Island.:eek:
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed it, looking forward to next episode (even though I know this will be cancelled.) It felt different to the other fifty-billion programmes I'm watching...
  • Tom HarkTom Hark Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    A cautious nod of approval here. It was good enough to get me to watch episode 2. I wonder what next, since all the action has already happened?

Andre Braugher is a great character actor in my book
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a pedantic point here, but I'm a bit concerned how 'Hollywood' is now trivializing the radiation and pulse affects of a nuclear detonation these days. We see it here, 24, the new Batman film. They seem to think that as long as the detonation is not actually in a built up area it doesn't matter, which is very wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    I just caught up with ep1 - really enjoyed it. Love the fact that the captain is a little wacko - for a second there I thought he was going to bomb washington! hoping its not cancelled as I hate getting into a show to find out its going nowhere!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Dreadful stuff,,,got though about 30mins and turned off,,,,,i don't often do that but this was poor imho
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Dreadful stuff,,,got though about 30mins and turned off,,,,,i don't often do that but this was poor imho

Each to their own...

Loving the series so far, not quite sure where it can go, but so far so good
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    Each to their own...

Loving the series so far, not quite sure where it can go, but so far so good

yeah, I'm enjoying it so far. but not sure how much longer they can stretch out the island as a base. surely the story needs to be them trying to get home. then once home either proving themselves as the victims in this and finding out who was behind it. so far we only have the girl (and admiral Shepherd) doing any digging.
    If this show got a season 2 I could see the season 1 finale as them landing on an isolated Alaskan shore with season 2 being about a group of them on the run on the mainland trying to find out what's happening. but as there is little hope a s2, this could be sped up a little (although might make the series seem too rushed).
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Not a bad third episode this week, with the 'cargo' Chaplin had to get for the Drug/War 'Lord'....and Dichen Lachman getting her kit off.

I just wish there was more scenes in Washington...and a bit of Tension wouldn't go a miss, the Sub action was laughable, being guided by Sophie 'Ping'.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,929
    Forum Member
    Bit of a pedantic point here, but I'm a bit concerned how 'Hollywood' is now trivializing the radiation and pulse affects of a nuclear detonation these days. We see it here, 24, the new Batman film. They seem to think that as long as the detonation is not actually in a built up area it doesn't matter, which is very wrong.
    Yeah and the psychological impact on the global population. Look what effect 9/11 had on much of the world. Those people on the island should be worried about a preemptive US nuclear strike. At least they keep showing the stand off to be the top news story on the cable news channels.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    To be fair, though, it's an action/drama TV show and not a documentary :)

Also, the nuke detonation (The one in India, right? That the sub was originally commanded to do?), or at least the aftermath of it, is obviously not important to the story as much as the fact that it was detonated for an as-yet unknown reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    oooh so isautum reeser's dad evil then? (evil as involved, not 'evil, evil') :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulfam1 wrote: »

Gutted - I'm really enjoying this show. To many series keep getting cancelled.

I just hope the last episode wraps it all up - but I guess not if they were hoping for a second...
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    Gutted - I'm really enjoying this show. To many series keep getting cancelled.

I just hope the last episode wraps it all up - but I guess not if they were hoping for a second...

The show's creator has apparently tweeted this ..
    Shawn Ryan @ShawnRyanTV
    News is true. No Back 9 for #LastResort. We will film and and air all 13 episodes. We're going to give you no-holds barred kick-ass ending.

I suppose you don't say something like that if you've already got all 13 episodes in the can. i hope so anyway, as i do like the premise of the show so it would be nice if they can actually film a proper ending.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched 3 of these and find it pretty boring , does it get better ?
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I've watched 3 of these and find it pretty boring , does it get better ?

If you are not interested by now, it is definitely not for you.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode One I enjoyed, lots of action, Episode Two seemed to be talking heads, so it's now deleted from my planner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »
    Episode One I enjoyed, lots of action, Episode Two seemed to be talking heads, so it's now deleted from my planner.

Good to see you gave it a chance.

Looking forward to tonight's episode - definitely my favourite series at the mo
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any show has disappointed me as much this year as The Last Resort. First episode was excellent, loads of action and some really good political intrigue. I did start to get worried when they threw in the pointless hot-woman-almost-sex-scene but I was willing to go with the flow.

However it unraveled very quickly. Poor writing mixed in with some poor characters and all put in a situation which by it's very nature couldn't go anywhere. The sub plot (pun intended) in the US is equally poor, 4 episodes in and I really couldn't care what's going on with 'hot woman'.

I don't mind a dialogue heavy show which relies on personal drama, but to do that you have to be good. I'm thinking Homeland, Man Men, Sopranos etc. I'm afraid this one falls well short.