Options

Should the Daily Show move to E4 (HD)?

CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,397
Forum Member
✭✭
with the Daily Show airing in HD next year, and E4 having launched in HD, should it move to E4, giving E4 HD more HD content, and freeing up the 8pm hour on More 4.

I think it would just be replacing a friends repeat, so no great loss there, and im sure More 4 would like the choice to air 1 hour shows in the 8pm hour.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20091217comedycentral02

Comments

• Options
    Major HeadacheMajor Headache Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    No - its not made in HD, so it would be rather pointless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    read the link
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never mind read the link the guy couldn't even be bothered to read the first line of your post before replying!

On the issue itself, I think more4 view TDS as something of a signature show, the centrepiece of their schedule. To me it fits better in the more4 schedule than the E4 one. Time for a more4 HD channel I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    Never mind read the link the guy couldn't even be bothered to read the first line of your post before replying!

On the issue itself, I think more4 view TDS as something of a signature show, the centrepiece of their schedule. To me it fits better in the more4 schedule than the E4 one. Time for a more4 HD channel I think.
    I agree it fits in better on More 4 than E4, however it would be a shame to see the HD content go to waste, and whilst More4News & The Daily Show made up a 1 hour block quite well, that is no longer the case.

Hell could The Daily Show not stage a "E4 HD takeover" on 8:30pm, the voice over guys has enough of a personality to pull it off.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On E4? Yeah 'cos teenagers are going to love a show about American politics aren't they!

Anyway it isn't the kind of show that benefits from being broadcast HD as it will only make the on screen graphics look even cheaper!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On E4? Yeah 'cos teenagers are going to love a show about American politics aren't they!
    I dont disagree that demo isnt right, but its is HD, and heck maybe some young teens will start to enjoy it, ive heard countless people say that a shitty movie is worth it, if its in HD.
    Anyway it isn't the kind of show that benefits from being broadcast HD as it will only make the on screen graphics look even cheaper!
    tell that to Comedy Central.
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    with the Daily Show airing in HD next year, and E4 having launched in HD, should it move to E4, giving E4 HD more HD content, and freeing up the 8pm hour on More 4.

I think it would just be replacing a friends repeat, so no great loss there, and im sure More 4 would like the choice to air 1 hour shows in the 8pm hour.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20091217comedycentral02

More4 is a natural home for it - it's definitely not an E4 show. Hopefully More4 HD will come along at some point.

Slightly disappointed it's going HD - means my advert skipping will no longer work (ad_skipper_43 automatically kills 16:9 ads in 4:3 programmes)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I enjoyed "Daily Show with Jon Stewart, up until the last election, but now the Democrats are in [and he mocked Republicans mercilessly, and didn't the Bush rabble give him enough ammunition] His heart isn't really in it now to do the same with Dems. They should take this show off air for a year or two.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Daily Show isn’t really needed in HD is it?
    Keep it on More4 where it will better match the audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    The Daily Show isn’t really needed in HD is it?
    is anything on E4 really needed in HD?
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't they just keep it on More4 but as suggested have a "more4 takeover" and air it on E4HD until More4HD comes along?

It's not like BBCHD is a direct copy of BBC1 schedules is it? E4HD could be the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't they just keep it on More4 but as suggested have a "more4 takeover" and air it on E4HD until More4HD comes along?
    yes given the demographic issues, I think this is the way to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More4 not even showing TDS in widescreen, let alone HD tonight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got an e-mail from C4 Viewing Enquiries which basically confirms that they only have the rights for TDS in 4:3 SD.