Downton Abbey Series Four Thread.

Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since its nearly that time of year again and it will be soon returning for a fourth series thought I would start a new thread. This series looks really interesting with all the spoilers and pictures. Can't wait for it to return.;)

Comments

• chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither! its looking a good series
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should make it clear i don't mind spoilers once they are hidden as to not upset people.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither! its looking a good series

Love this time of year when it's just a month away.;)
  • Janey_BeeJaney_Bee Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Huzzah! Do we have a date yet?

Whose storylines are people most looking forward to watching? I'm a massive Thomas fan, and I can't wait to see what happens to him this series. And I'm quite interested in what all these rumours about Bates being 'dark' are all about.

What about everyone else? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janey_Bee wrote: »
    Huzzah! Do we have a date yet?

Whose storylines are people most looking forward to watching? I'm a massive Thomas fan, and I can't wait to see what happens to him this series. And I'm quite interested in what all these rumours about Bates being 'dark' are all about.

What about everyone else? :)

Not yet I suspect mid September can't wait. What's with the dark rumours about Bates? Does he turn out to be a serial Killer.;)
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder who dies this series?
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It starts on the 15th September i believe
  • ZipgoesamillionZipgoesamillion Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since its nearly that time of year again and it will be soon returning for a fourth series thought I would start a new thread. This series looks really interesting with all the spoilers and pictures. Can't wait for it to return.;)

Oh good. I was looking at starting S4 thread but you've beaten me to it.

Yes, can't wait. The pics and spoilers do look interesting. Jon East whose directing the CS keeps tweeting about it without giving anything away. Apparently they're filming big scenes today, although five of the cast must be on their way to LA for the TCA tomorrow. Unless they've completed their final scenes already it will be a 24 hour visit, I imagine.

I'm just going to post a little note on the S3 thread to point them here.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know if ITV will be repeating series 1-3 before series 4 starts at all? :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can not wait. Yay. I need this back in my life

I wonder how they explain O'brien's departure. I guessed a while back that maybe she left to work for Rose's mum, as it was hinted she may do anyway
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Does anybody know if ITV will be repeating series 1-3 before series 4 starts at all? :)

Yes on ITV3 in the next week or two.
  • ScoutletScoutlet Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Hugh Bonneville was spotted filming in Bampton toward the end of May, going into the Church. And the car was in front of the Grantham Arms.

That's the first filming siting of him that I have seen. It was in some local Oxford paper. But it apparently was not a big scene as no other cast members were mentioned.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes on ITV3 in the next week or two.
    Thank you :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scoutlet:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Downton-Abbe...abbey+series+4

I wonder why Hugh and Maggie are the only ones listed? I know it's just one example but it seems odd.

I wonder if it won't be the last season for these two? Hugh has been totally absent from all the promo events.

I believe HB signed for S4 & S5, as did most of the others who didn't leave in or after S3. At the same time as making S4 Hugh has been busy filming both a film (with George Clooney) and a TV series. Last week, he was appearing on stage in the West End in Spamlot. Some sort of charity thing.

Interestingly Jon East the director of the S4 CS has been tweeting a lot but not giving much away, storyline wise today tweeted
    Jon East ‏@joneastuk 2 Aug
    Big scene today, vast... gargantuan even. Never seen such incredible production value in front of the lens on a TV drama. This IS a special!
    There is also a photo of really large lighting rigs. So they're still filming the CS while at least five of the cast are in LA for the TCA. Maybe the five are rushing back to finish off the CS or have already finished filming.

Maggie Smith has indicated that she is unlikely to appear or stage again but will continue working in film and TV. If her health holds up she may well remain through S5.
  • LadyOfShalottLadyOfShalott Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, it must be August if Tangled is starting a Downton thread for the new series:):):). Here we are again (waves to Tangled:D).

A couple of things:
    • ITV3 will indeed be showing all 25 episodes ahead of series 4 starting year. It did great business for the channel last year and I expect it will be a huge success again.

• series 4 will probably start on September 22. I say "probably" because nothing is official till it's official. We'll know more in a couple of days.
  • Layla_DaysLayla_Days Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    Cannot wait for this!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scoutlet:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Downton-Abbe...abbey+series+4

I wonder why Hugh and Maggie are the only ones listed? I know it's just one example but it seems odd.

I wonder if it won't be the last season for these two? Hugh has been totally absent from all the promo events.

I believe HB signed for S4 & S5, as did most of the others who didn't leave in or after S3. At the same time as making S4 Hugh has been busy filming both a film (with George Clooney) and a TV series. Last week, he was appearing on stage in the West End in Spamlot. Some sort of charity thing.

Interestingly Jon East the director of the S4 CS has been tweeting a lot but not giving much away, storyline wise today tweeted
    Jon East ‏@joneastuk 2 Aug
    Big scene today, vast... gargantuan even. Never seen such incredible production value in front of the lens on a TV drama. This IS a special!
    There is also a photo of really large lighting rigs. So they're still filming the CS while at least five of the cast are in LA for the TCA. Maybe the five are rushing back to finish off the CS or have already finished filming. Well filming has two weeks to go from 1st August so they must be returning to complete their scenes.

Maggie Smith has indicated that she is unlikely to appear or stage again but will continue working in film and TV. If her health holds up she may well remain through S5.

Well filming has two weeks to go from 1st August so they must be returning to complete their scenes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he tweeted that on Friday, and that those cast members could have gone to LA after that. He hasn't tweeted today.

We know they have filmed CS scenes in London (streets), Rosamund's house, outdoors and at Highclere, in or out, probably both. Also Ealing, of course.

Supposedly they are filming in Bampton at the start of this week some time. Maybe today, maybe for a few days, IDK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder who dies this series?

Shall we start another Death Watch? We've had at least one a year so far....

Actually, two at least in each of the first three seasons.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    The DVD artwork is probably just provisional - I am sure that they will rework and include the other stars such as Elizabeth McGovern, Michelle Dockery and Brendan Coyle. The DVD box set always has a cast photo and I am sure they will continue with this for Series 4.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for S4 to begin as it will be very interesting for a lot of characters due to the recent events of S3. With S4 being set 6 months after S3 the continuity aspect will be easier to work with. I think that means S4 will be 1923-24ish so approx 12 years after S1.

If they do go for 1924 then I would love the writers to show how the Great House deals with the 1st Labour Party coming into power for example as well as other big historical events of the time. Adding in more "new" technology as well would be interesting to see the characters deal with the changing world.
  • Janey_BeeJaney_Bee Posts: 319
    Forum Member

series 4 will probably start on September 22. I say "probably" because nothing is official till it's official. We'll know more in a couple of days.

I *hope* it's the 22nd as I'm on holiday from the 13th until the 20th, and won't want to miss the first episode! Although, I will keep my eyes and ears closed to Downton news until I watch it on my return! :)
  • LadyOfShalottLadyOfShalott Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for S4 to begin as it will be very interesting for a lot of characters due to the recent events of S3. With S4 being set 6 months after S3 the continuity aspect will be easier to work with. I think that means S4 will be 1923-24ish so approx 12 years after S1.

If they do go for 1924 then I would love the writers to show how the Great House deals with the 1st Labour Party coming into power for example as well as other big historical events of the time. Adding in more "new" technology as well would be interesting to see the characters deal with the changing world.

Series 4 is set in 1922 so we're not reaching those changes yet. We're pretty much 10 years on from episode 1 of series 1.

The characters will be dealing with an increasingly changing world though and it's women who are at the forefront of this.