Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    Dearie me, eye infections, tinnitus, wardrobe malfunctions, flirting with the PM, tweets about Jeremy Clarkson's sacking..... a cynical chap might actually believe Susanna is doing everything she can to get her picture in the papers every day.
    Yeah I doubt anyone would fake an eye infection
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Yeah I doubt anyone would fake an eye infection

Yeah, all those resultant tabloid headlines about 'specs appeal' are just a happy by-product of this real and painful condition, aren't they?

Incidentally, have you seen a close-up photo of the 'infected' eye? Looks pretty normal to me.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Dearie me, eye infections, tinnitus, wardrobe malfunctions, flirting with the PM, tweets about Jeremy Clarkson's sacking..... a cynical chap might actually believe Susanna is doing everything she can to get her picture in the papers every day.

She is half way through her 2 year contract. Is she getting nervous about being dropped like her predecessors?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    She is half way through her 2 year contract. Is she getting nervous about being dropped like her predecessors?

Could be.

In fact I suspect we'll soon be reading an interview with the Express in which she reveals she suffers from "panic attacks".
  • Bob_KnoobbBob_Knoobb Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, all those resultant tabloid headlines about 'specs appeal' are just a happy by-product of this real and painful condition, aren't they?

Incidentally, have you seen a close-up photo of the 'infected' eye? Looks pretty normal to me.

Susanna Reid is ruthlessly ambitious, smart, and will never miss a PR opportunity to get some attention for herself. I think the eye infection is real but Susanna's first thought would have been how can I turn this into a publicity opportunity. With regards to Top Gear she would probably bed an entire rugby team and also push her own mother over a cliff for that gig and she would probably have the same steely mentality for any other prime time gig she thought she had a chance off. What is the current GMB rating situation Bushmills? Do you have any numbers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob_Knoobb wrote: »
    S
    What is the current GMB rating situation Bushmills? Do you have any numbers?

501,000 on Monday - poorer than usual, but the kids are off school. It's been averaging about 650,000 in recent weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    501,000 on Monday - poorer than usual, but the kids are off school. It's been averaging about 650,000 in recent weeks.

Much obliged
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like you're just bitter because she ditched the BBC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Sounds like you're just bitter because she ditched the BBC.

Yeah, I lie awake night after night, tortured by the angst of, er, Susanna Reid leaving the BBC.

A lesser man would crumble completely.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    Bob_Knoobb wrote: »
    Susanna Reid is ruthlessly ambitious, smart, and will never miss a PR opportunity to get some attention for herself. I think the eye infection is real but Susanna's first thought would have been how can I turn this into a publicity opportunity. With regards to Top Gear she would probably bed an entire rugby team and also push her own mother over a cliff for that gig and she would probably have the same steely mentality for any other prime time gig she thought she had a chance off. What is the current GMB rating situation Bushmills? Do you have any numbers?

With the "deal" over the ongoing Tour - now going ahead as "Clarkson, May and Hammond - Live" with no BBC branding, no mention of Top Gear or any of it's trademarked items - looks like the BBC are being spectacularly ruthless.

A side effect of this would mean Ms Reid will not be setting foot anywhere near the corporation for many a moon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    With the "deal" over the ongoing Tour - now going ahead as "Clarkson, May and Hammond - Live" with no BBC branding, no mention of Top Gear or any of it's trademarked items - looks like the BBC are being spectacularly ruthless.

A side effect of this would mean Ms Reid will not be setting foot anywhere near the corporation for many a moon.

Although Susanna like may other presenters would no doubt love a big gig like Top Gear I think if and when the job ever comes up there will be quite a few ahead of her in the queue.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seem to be trying to cram as many cringeworthy April Fool stories in as possible this morning. How about reporting the actual news for a change?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susanna and Kate with John again on todays Show. They really do work well together
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice seeing John and Kate together all week.
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think this is the first time we've had Sean, John and Kate as the presenters
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blackeye not on this morning .. Hooray !
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks so much better than Sky News

John, Kate and Sean today, Suzanna off today.

Ben Shepherd always look's out of place.
  • Aaron_2015Aaron_2015 Posts: 3,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some issues this morning, no clock, logo or ticker. Not deliberate because John has apologised. Every other graphic works, it just looks very odd.

Good show this morning though, still not sure on Sean, but obviously he's not been sacked yet.
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron_2015 wrote: »
    Some issues this morning, no clock, logo or ticker. Not deliberate because John has apologised. Every other graphic works, it just looks very odd.

Good show this morning though, still not sure on Sean, but obviously he's not been sacked yet.

The clock was on screen during the local news segment (Calendar).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorksdave wrote: »
    The clock was on screen during the local news segment (Calendar).

I missed my local Westcountry news, not that I would have missed much.

Very odd graphics this morning, the logo came back for a couple of seconds after the show returned from the ad break, then disappeared.

I'm not sure what the issue could be, the other graphics are there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed my local Westcountry news, not that I would have missed much.

Very odd graphics this morning, the logo came back for a couple of seconds after the show returned from the ad break, then disappeared.

I'm not sure what the issue could be, the other graphics are there.

It is to do with the fire that happened in London yesterday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Issues with the clock explained, the fire in London yesterday means the clock can't be displayed.
  • kelvokelvo Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Issues with the clock explained, the fire in London yesterday means the clock can't be displayed.

The clock was ok on Meridian. I don't understand how a fire in London can affect a little digital clock in the bottom corner of the screens for different regions though :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kelvo wrote: »
    The clock was ok on Meridian. I don't understand how a fire in London can affect a little digital clock in the bottom corner of the screens for different regions though :confused:

I'm not entirely sure, something to do with cables.

The clock returned at about 8: 21 for me in the Westcountry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just realised all this week John Stapleton has been dashing from the GMB studio over to LBC to stand in for James O'Brien 10am-1pm. A good week for Johns bank balance although at 69 and a long TV career behind him, these days he probably works more for the enjoyment than needing the money.