Three name weather

gateauxgateaux Posts: 694
Forum Member
✭✭
What's the story with that one they introduce as Sarah Keith Lucas?
Is her real name Sarah, or Keith, or Lucas? :confused:

Comments

• Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Its Sarah Keith-Lucas, so here name is Sarah. She was probably Sarah Keith then married someone with the surname Lucas but kept her original name and became Sarah Keith-Lucas.
  • gateauxgateaux Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *marv* wrote: »
    Its Sarah Keith-Lucas, so here name is Sarah. She was probably Sarah Keith then married someone with the surname Lucas but kept her original name and became Sarah Keith-Lucas.

Blimey.

That's got to be pretty rare, to end up with three first names and no surname!
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely her parents might have been Keith-Lucas too?

She isnt married herself, even though she has at least 2 kids.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Surely her parents might have been Keith-Lucas too?

She isnt married herself, even though she has at least 2 kids.

I don't know the person but there is a birth of a 'Sarah Dorothy Keith-lucas' registered in Hastings in 1982. Her father was 'Keith-lucas' when he married her mother. There are quite a number of marriages for that name going back to the 1940s.
  • SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gateaux wrote: »
    What's the story with that one they introduce as Sarah Keith Lucas?
    Is her real name Sarah, or Keith, or Lucas? :confused:

It's not just the Beeb. I've heard ITV has three girls who do the weather - Lucy, Vera and Sammy. Surely they could manage with just one?

:)
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just the Beeb. I've heard ITV has three girls who do the weather - Lucy, Vera and Sammy. Surely they could manage with just one?

:)

Don't forget there's Becky, Mann and Tin.

And the unforgettable Manali, Lu and Khan.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Sarah Keith Lucas expecting again?

She looked a little plump I noticed at 555 this morning!
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does seem to have been on screen quite a bit recently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Keith Lucas was a scientist who invented the aeronautical compass. He was killed in a flying accident on Salisbury Plain and was buried in Aldershot Military Cemetery in 1916. After his death, his widow changed the family surname to Keith-Lucas in his memory.

In Farnborough, where Keith Lucas worked at the Royal Aircraft Factory, there is a road in named after him in the Rafborough estate of houses built in the First World War to house drafted in workers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Lucas_%28scientist%29

Given how scientific interests tend to run in families and the rarity of the surname there must be a strong chance that Sarah and Keith are related. His three sons also get Wikipedia pages in their own rights. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sarah features on 'Who do you think you are' at some time in the future.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's becoming a common occurrence to see so many double-barreled names.

I mean who would have thought a couple would be happy on their marriage to saddle a child who was to become a future athletics star with the surname Johnson-Thompson?

I think it all started with fire engines.
    In the old days, the fire service were happy to name their fire engines "Dennis."
    Then someone had the bright idea of changing it to the pretentious "Seddon-Atkinson."
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mean who would have thought a couple would be happy on their marriage to saddle a child who was to become a future athletics star with the surname Johnson-Thompson?

And then you get those who decide to double-barrell their surnames themselves, as in the case of Aaron Taylor-Johnson (he was just Aaron Johnson until he married Sam Taylor-Wood).
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    And then you get those who decide to double-barrell their surnames themselves, as in the case of Aaron Taylor-Johnson (he was just Aaron Johnson until he married Sam Taylor-Wood).

That's like an example I quoted. The parents may be happy enough with a double barreled name, some are OK but others seem a bit odd, but the kids haven't a choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Keith Lucas was a scientist who invented the aeronautical compass. He was killed in a flying accident on Salisbury Plain and was buried in Aldershot Military Cemetery in 1916. After his death, his widow changed the family surname to Keith-Lucas in his memory.

In Farnborough, where Keith Lucas worked at the Royal Aircraft Factory, there is a road in named after him in the Rafborough estate of houses built in the First World War to house drafted in workers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Lucas_%28scientist%29

Given how scientific interests tend to run in families and the rarity of the surname there must be a strong chance that Sarah and Keith are related. His three sons also get Wikipedia pages in their own rights. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sarah features on 'Who do you think you are' at some time in the future.
    Yes, she is related. She is the granddaughter of David Keith-Lucas, and daughter of Chris Keith-Lucas. David had two brothers, Alan and Bryan. As stated, their mother Alys changed the family name from Lucas to Keith-Lucas when her husband (Keith Lucas) died, to honour his memory.

This makes it a pretty unusual surname. When I first saw her on TV, I was struck by the name and the strong family resemblance. I knew her great-uncle, Bryan Keith-Lucas, for over 25 years until his death in 1996.
  • Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recall when James Alexander Gordon did the football results on BBC Radio. I think it was Kenny everett who asked why do they need three people to do this?:D
  • rob_knightrob_knight Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three Name Weather equals Crap Thread Title!
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my school days, the register only had room for:

first name - middle initial - last name,

...so anyone using a double-barrelled name for whatever reason found themselves stripped of one half of it. :D
  • GwylfaGwylfa Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recall when James Alexander Gordon did the football results on BBC Radio. I think it was Kenny everett who asked why do they need three people to do this?:D

I recall that when James was the news reader on Radio One that Noel Edmonds always refered to him as JAG!
  • Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwylfa wrote: »
    I recall that when James was the news reader on Radio One that Noel Edmonds always refered to him as JAG!

Yep.that was his nickname at the Beeb!:)