Annie Wallace and Riley Carter respond to Loose Women transgender chat

Drift AwayDrift Away Posts: 348
Forum Member
I understand what the women are getting at. Even in day coming out as bisexual at school was the "in" thing.

Why does everything have to be and "outrage?"

On a personal level everyone should be accepted but I'm fed up of Riley constantly having articles about him and how he has changed the world. He was in ONE episode, there are many other trans actors who could fly the flag.

I sound mean but I hate over kill of an actor or character shoved in my face. He reminds me of Anthony Cotton already. Annie Wallace took the quiter approach but has managed to achieve her goal and is helping other trans actors etc.

http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/news/a775564/eastenders-star-riley-carter-millington-and-hollyoaks-annie-wallace-criticise-loose-women-after-transgender-comments/

Comments

• AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drift Away wrote: »
    I understand what the women are getting at. Even in day coming out as bisexual at school was the "in" thing.

Why does everything have to be and "outrage?"

On a personal level everyone should be accepted but I'm fed up of Riley constantly having articles about him and how he has changed the world. He was in ONE episode, there are many other trans actors who could fly the flag.

I sound mean but I hate over kill of an actor or character.

BIB: By starting this thread you're actually generating more interest and discussion about him though.
  • Drift AwayDrift Away Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Andybear wrote: »
    BIB: By starting this thread you're actually generating more interest and discussion about him though.

The thread will die but the constant articles just don't seem to vanish. I doubt you guys will agree lol.

The thread is about those Loose Women and Annie Wallace to!
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    The thread will die but the constant articles just don't seem to vanish. I doubt you guys will agree lol.

The thread is about those Loose Women and Annie Wallace to!

What are the loose women up to on this issue? Has Coleen Nolan criticised them?
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,269
    Forum Member
    It's not really Riley's fault that he's getting so much attention, at the moment as he is the first transgender character in EE you can see why there are articles about him. I cannot say I have seen loads anyway. although him winning the rainbow award was a bit suspect as all he'd done at that point was fondled a key, I wish the guy well.
    Forum Member
    What are the loose women up to on this issue? Has Coleen Nolan criticised them?

That trans is like a trend. When kids think it is cool so pretend to be trans.
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    It's not really Riley's fault that he's getting so much attention, at the moment as he is the first transgender character in EE you can see why there are articles about him. I cannot say I have seen loads anyway. although him winning the rainbow award was a bit suspect as all he'd done at that point was fondled a key, I wish the guy well.

Yeah you explained it so much better. He didn't deserve it, Annie has had roles before aka Shameless.
  • Poplife04Poplife04 Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    I hate how it's all the rage to get outraged by things nowadays!
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That trans is like a trend. When kids think it is cool so pretend to be trans.

Did she back up this claim with any actual evidence? Considering so many trans teens try to commit suicide, I can't see why she thinks it's trendy to pretend to be trans.
  • mystery23mystery23 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Colleen Nolan on the panel by any chance?
  • bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is disgusting. In no way is it a trend. People are trans one way or another. It's not their choice. It's how they are born. This is 2015, not 1956
    Forum Member
    bb2011fan wrote: »
    This is disgusting. In no way is it a trend. People are trans one way or another. It's not their choice. It's how they are born. This is 2015, not 1956

I don't think that was the intention. It was ungenuine teens who want attention not those in need.

It sounds daft but teens love a "shock" label.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,269
    Forum Member
    bb2011fan wrote: »

Someone wanting to change their sex because its trendy just seems ludicrous. What we are dealing with is more people going through the change because its less taboo.
  • CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loose women is an awful programme. How is it still on air?
  • EE.LiveEE.Live Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Riley Carter, look what I found on the bottom of the cast list for 15th December :o:o:o:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06sq9l5
    http://i.imgur.com/AyLj8BE.png