*Beady Eye- Different Gear Still Speeding*

2»

Comments

• SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He speaks the truth. You're meant to be happy about winning a Brit.

Well until they became devalued with Take That etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    He speaks the truth. You're meant to be happy about winning a Brit.

Well until they became devalued with Take That etc

He talks shyte. When he won his last Brit for outstanding music contribution he said thank god he doesn't have to put up with this crap any more.

Noel said it right about Liam, "he's a man with a fork in a world of soup".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liam's voice is better than ever, but the songs let him down- as they have since 1997 (mostly).

The musicianship in the band is excellent.......but, I just find it all a bit dull.

Would Beady Eye get a record deal if they didn't have links to Oasis? No.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noel said on the radio the other week that he has not recorded anything and that 'if anything comes out it will be later rather than sooner'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    God Liam really is a tosser. Not only that but he's a complete ****ing idiot...either that or he just thinks it's cool to talk like one.

No wonder Oasis broke up, I'm suprised they lasted as long as they did with Noel having to put up with that tit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    The stuff I've heard- which is being rammed down our throats by the music media- is absolute derivative crap which sounds like John Lennon tribute band (what a surprise).

Coludn'y agree more - The Roller is a blatant rip off of Instant Karma, and not a very good one at that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karl Rove wrote: »

The best part is that he doesn't care that it's about a tree, it's the fact that it's not a brand new tree.
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am suprised Liam doesn`t try to marry yoko :D
    if liam could do a trade with the devil and die tonight to be re born tommorrow as john i bet he would go for it :D
    can`t blame him for that !
    But john said in a interview ( why copy what has already been done?) create your own music Liam Take notice of your god! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleasantly surprised with this.

I would agree with other posters, its probably better than some of the more recent Oasis offerings.

Particularly like 'Beatles and Stones & The Roller'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dissapointed. Predictable and bland.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    *paul* wrote: »
    He talks shyte. When he won his last Brit for outstanding music contribution he said thank god he doesn't have to put up with this crap any more.

Noel said it right about Liam, "he's a man with a fork in a world of soup".

Talking of when he won his last Brit, i agree with Peter Kay's verdict on him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YE8eOSK08M
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Talking of when he won his last Brit, i agree with Peter Kay's verdict on him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YE8eOSK08M

I agree with your agreement.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jmac04 wrote: »
    dissapointed. Predictable and bland.
    That's my opinion as well. A shame, I wanted to like this as I love Oasis, but there ya go.....got to be honest, I didn't like it at all.
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decent if unspectacular first week sales for the album.
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great album. I like it a lot.
  • KeelbootsKeelboots Posts: 1,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt like Oasis in the main so no change when I listened to Beady Eye, rip off Beatles and any other 60's rock n roll act and claim it as your own. Dire.

Why people cite Liam as enigmatic just beacuse he sings with his hands in his pockets is a mystery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album has grown on me a fair bit, but it is still just 'average'.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me it's Oasis lite.

I do agree with who said The Roller is basically Instant Karma.

It's not a bad album, I've heard worse, even this year, but it's not a great album.
  • SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me it's Oasis lite.

I do agree with who said The Roller is basically Instant Karma.

It's not a bad album, I've heard worse, even this year, but it's not a great album.

ye i'd go along with that..best album this year so farr..though i've only heard one.
  • lorrie152lorrie152 Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    It's an awesome album, there's not a single bad track on it. My favourite by far though is "Morning Son", it's beautiful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Been listening to this album a lot the past week and for me it's the most interesting 'album' a Gallagher has put out since What's the Story. Be Here Now was a bloated disappointment and it's all been downhill (bar the odd album track & some outstanding b sides) from there - until now.

If this was assessed as an album in it's own right rather than being compared to Oasis and there albums of old then I reckon it would go down a lot better.

People are just tired of the Oasis sound and the brothers antics - they are no longer seen as fashionable or relevant any more by many and people who haven't even listened to the album are going 'same old s**t'.

Give it a try!

I'd rather have this any day over most of the miserable 'indie' that todays bands are putting out!
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dlm88888 wrote: »
    Be Here Now was a bloated disappointment

Hell no. I will defend that album till I die.

As for Beady Eye's effort. A pleasant surprise 6/10.

Even as a huge Oasis fan expected this to be terrible. Wigwam, Morning Sun and Beatles and Stones are my favourites.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know that the writing credits for DGSS are shared between Gallagher/Archer/Bell, but each song must have been started by one member. Does anyone know who originally wrote each song?

I know Bell wrote Millionaire and Archer wrote The Roller, but that's it.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a big Oasis fan and really wanted to like this album, but I just don't. To me it just comes off as a rip off of Beatles songs. There are a few decent songs but nothing special. I will wait for Noel's album which should be a lot better.