New Doctor Who Fan (Part McCoy)

Comments

• Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TGITF did nothing for me either.

I wish they'd just forget about ofcom for once
    I'll third that, did nothing for me either, and I wish a lot of writers of most things would forget about Ofcom! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member

Me neither on TGitF
    I see someone complaining about not being able to understand Karen - strangely I have no problem with her but Matt is sometimes rather quick and frenetic.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure it was about ofcom so much as the right wing anti bbc media.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    Tumpy wrote: »
    Me neither on TGitF
    I see someone complaining about not being able to understand Karen - strangely I have no problem with her but Matt is sometimes rather quick and frenetic.

Tell me about it ! I'm ok with KG's accent and I easily understand everything. But I often have a "What did he say ?" moment with MS. *shrugs* Ah, well, that's what DVDs with subtitles are for !
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got this tweet regarding the Moffs Scottish agenda and its too good not to share. I asked if the Daleks were going to be working for the SNP next week and the reply from alun_vega was
    Devolution of the Daleks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Just got this tweet regarding the Moffs Scottish agenda and its too good not to share. I asked if the Daleks were going to be working for the SNP next week and the reply from alun_vega was

Thats brilliant LOL
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh a regenerated thread! :D

loved that episode:) spotted the Pratchett and Meat links - anyone else get a Neverwhere vibe? Liz Ten as Hunter sort of? And London Below :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha ha!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does anyOne know what Ian Patterson is called in next week's episode?
    given he too is Scottish I would love it if he was called
    Professor David Ross
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cute story

A friends son was watching tonight (he's 3 and last weeks was the 1st he'd seen)

At one point he said "Mum I'm very scared" so his mum said "do you want me to turn it off" and he said "NOOOO! I like it, its just scary" and gave a HUGE grin
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Love it. did i notice that the Doctor referred to Starship UK as the United Kingdom Of Britain and Northern Ireland, not Great Britain ( or did I misheard?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    Webslark wrote: »
    Love it. did i notice that the Doctor referred to Starship UK as the United Kingdom Of Britain and Northern Ireland, not Great Britain ( or did I misheard?)

I never really got the difference between UK and GB anyway :o
    By the way, I agree with the Neverwhere vibe. I was more in the Dark City vibe myself while watching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cute story

A friends son was watching tonight (he's 3 and last weeks was the 1st he'd seen)

At one point he said "Mum I'm very scared" so his mum said "do you want me to turn it off" and he said "NOOOO! I like it, its just scary" and gave a HUGE grin

thats what it's all about!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    almost forgot to point and laugh at all the stupid people that made such a big deal out of the audio clip from the forthcoming episode now we have seen it in context in the trailer..

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha to infinity....:D :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    thats what it's all about!:D

I can't wait until Monster starts to feel the fear more. The scarier bits go over her head at the moment

Her first viewings lately are in silence as she takes it in. I will get the commentary on our rewatch later/tomorrow :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    almost forgot to point and laugh at all the stupid people that made such a big deal out of the audio clip from the forthcoming episode now we have seen it in context in the trailer..

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha to infinity....:D :o:D

Bahahahaha

Really hope the "tea" bit is in there somewhere :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bahahahaha

Really hope the "tea" bit is in there somewhere :)

that would make my day next Saturday if it is....I can see many uses for such a line in an amusing video about the DDDAAAAAAAAALLLLEEEEKKSSS!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that would make my day next Saturday if it is....I can see many uses for such a line in an amusing video about the DDDAAAAAAAAALLLLEEEEKKSSS!!:D

That would be brilliant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol @ the person in the thread about not watching now DT has left saying Matt isn't the person she thinks suits the part inspite of not watching so much as one episode to feature him...classic!:D
  • kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhoooooHoooo New Thread awesome welcome whoonie peeps to the new thread !

Ken
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kw4121 wrote: »
    WhoooooHoooo New Thread awesome welcome whoonie peeps to the new thread !

Ken

yes, it's because we were saying earlier we probably wouldn't regenerate this weekend...:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wooo hooo the real McCoy at last!!!!!:D:D

Haven't had a chance to read everything, ended up going on the episode thread as I was really interersted in what people made of this story! But now I have to go and eat!!!:( So I will just cut and post what I wrote there and come back later to read what you guys thought....

Finally! After waiting so long since The Empty Child and Doctor Dances....I finally find a story of Moff that is more than just the monster under your bed stuff!!!!! THis story is definitely going to be one of those that with every repeat viewing is just going to get better and better....becuase it is so deep and rich! Almost felt like I was watching a story by RTD at times! Not trying to be overtly clever, the Doctor and Amy and others characters facing moral dilemmas, great political satire, and none of the main characters being black and white/good or evil. Brilliant Stuff!!! And Matt, really homed into Two in story, which is never a bad thing....and I loved him very much in here, but still can't fully put my finger on what exactly is Eleven, as his perfomance here was quite different to last weeks, where there was quite a bit of Ten, But I guess once we get to mid-series, it will become obvious what he is like exactly. That said, I still loved him in every scene. Amy was great, Karen played her brilliantly, definitely got more chance to show different aspects to her self unlike last week, even though I still loved Amy then too. Queen Liz at first seemed great, then her cockney style felt as if I may not like her for long, but lucikly enough they didn't drag that side of her too much. Terrance was a little bit wasted, and the smilers were on the whole useful concept, but this attempt to make things scary in the looks department, or camer work style, and then not really having a proper side or any actions commited by them that really has any dangerous consequences, really kills the menace, and therefore on repeat viewings, I know I not going to get that same thrill I did first time round, just like the Weeping Angels, and the Vashta Narada. Shame that. I rather Moff didn't try so hard to make things scary, if they don't have scray consequnces. Oh well that is the little quible in what was a joyous story to watch! Lovely nods to many fantasy and sci-fi work! Yet not hard sci-fi at all...

See you guys in a bit!!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting review, crazzy. I think the Eleven we saw here is more how we are going to see him here on in, because it was a continuation from his character towards the end of The Eleventh Hour. Obviously as well there are many sides to his personality, I did get the Pat Troughton vibe at various points today definitely.
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Hurray for new thread!

*raises glass*

Cheers! :)

Thank you for the shiny, new thread mod - have a glass yourself! We are indeed making our way through the Doctors, but we were thinking maybe companions when we run out..? Hopefully not for a while yet, though...

I kind of watched the episode tonight - cooking through the first ten minutes and was talked at the rest of the way through, so I know everything which happened, but was not really able to focus on it properly. I'll watch again tomorrow.

I did pick up on both the Meat and Pratchett vibes, though!

Webslark wrote: »
    does anyOne know what Ian Patterson is called in next week's episode?
    given he too is Scottish I would love it if he was called
    Professor David Ross

Bill Paterson - I would love that to be the character's name! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite line of dialog of the episode this week:

"Nobody talk to me, nobody HUMAN has ANYTHING to say to me today!"

also loved:

"We're checking the water in the area. There's an escaped fish." :D

Though it was the tap of the nose that made it for me!:D