Carey Mulligan would have made an excellent Lisbeth Salander no?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
Forum Member
Apparently she is not 'edgy' enough..

I do think she is quite fit, but then I always imagine her as a young Judy Dench

story here

Comments

• marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,619
    Forum Member
    alexelewis wrote: »
    Apparently she is not 'edgy' enough..

I do think she is quite fit, but then I always imagine her as a young Judy Dench

story here

I agree with the idea that she's not edgy enough, plus I've come round to the idea of an unknown playing her although if Ellen Page is still in the running then I think she could do it.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    I think she's a great little actress, she ws wonderful in an education, but I think it's the right decision, I think she would have been all wrong for the role, Lisbeth is a bit of a basketcase and had a terrible life, I don't think Cary would be right for the role at all. I would have thought maybe Maggie Gylenhal or I dunno, Scarlet Johanson?
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    I'm glad she didn't get the role. I'd prefer an unknown to play Salender if they must remake it. I like the actress, but think he has made the right choice.
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no, I think they should just get the Swedish actress to play her - Noomi Rapace - she was absolutely brilliant in the part
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »
    I think she's a great little actress, she ws wonderful in an education, but I think it's the right decision, I think she would have been all wrong for the role, Lisbeth is a bit of a basketcase and had a terrible life, I don't think Cary would be right for the role at all. I would have thought maybe Maggie Gylenhal or I dunno, Scarlet Johanson?

I don't think shes quite, mmm, flat chested enough!
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not seen the version of the film already out but have been assured the acrtress who plays Lisbeth is amazing (albeit by someone who hasn't read the book)

Having only read the book I cannot think of any actress that could do the character justice to be honest?? I hope they don't cop out and pick someone totally 'wrong'? No, no, no to Maggie or Scarlett :eek: :eek:

I bet the 'American' version of the film is a load of rubbish anyway :o
    Forum Member
    I've not seen the version of the film already out but have been assured the acrtress who plays Lisbeth is amazing (albeit by someone who hasn't read the book)

Having only read the book I cannot think of any actress that could do the character justice to be honest?? I hope they don't cop out and pick someone totally 'wrong'? No, no, no to Maggie or Scarlett :eek: :eek:

The swedish woman who plays Lisbeth is astounding. It's almost like they went into my head and picked someone that matched my vision of her! If her english is good enough then I can't see why they couldn't use her in the british language version in the same way that they used Penelope Cruz in Vanilla Sky after she was in the spanish version 'Abre los Ojos.'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    marjangles wrote: »
    The swedish woman who plays Lisbeth is astounding. It's almost like they went into my head and picked someone that matched my vision of her! If her english is good enough then I can't see why they couldn't use her in the british language version in the same way that they used Penelope Cruz in Vanilla Sky after she was in the spanish version 'Abre los Ojos.'

Noomi Rapace has said she would not wish to reprise the role in the Hollywood adaptations.
    Forum Member
    DemonDan wrote: »
    Noomi Rapace has said she would not wish to reprise the role in the Hollywood adaptations.

It was stupid of me to assume that the only reason that she hasn't been cast is because Hollywood didn't ask her! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    marjangles wrote: »
    It was stupid of me to assume that the only reason that she hasn't been cast is because Hollywood didn't ask her! :o

I don't think Hollywood would ever have asked her, to be honest. Noomi's comment was in response to a hypothetical 'What if...' put to her by a Swedish journalist recently...

"No, I'm done with her (Lisbeth), and it's up to somebody else to step into her shoes. I don't like to repeat myself. So it's better if someone else does it. I hope they won't take, you know, a big celebrity ... because sometimes the fame makes it difficult to believe in (the character), especially Lisbeth, who is very complicated and dark and so on. So I hope they take someone who is a little less known. Not one of the biggest ones. We'll see."
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carey Mulligan wouldn't have suited the role, she wouldn't be believable. Looks far too sweet and cute.
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    It does look like the director will be going more or less for an unknown compared to the other actresses mentioned, this actress is one that is thought to be at the top of the list to take the part:

Rooney Mara

http://hurricanevanessa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/rooney-mara.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Fincher has stated the story won't be americanised, Daniel Craig and whoever they pick to play Lisbeth will speak with swedish accents/diction. A younger Angelina Jolie type would fit the role I think! I just hope they don't give it to somebody who can't act like Kristen Stewart lol
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coolgirl wrote: »
    David Fincher has stated the story won't be americanised, Daniel Craig and whoever they pick to play Lisbeth will speak with swedish accents/diction. A younger Angelina Jolie type would fit the role I think! I just hope they don't give it to somebody who can't act like Kristen Stewart lol

Kristen Stewart isn't even in the running. Thank god! We want someone who can act convincingly.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i'm hoping the american versions will do the books justice.

the first film is good (brilliantly cast) but they miss tons out inc the bleak ending, and bring forward the 'surprise' ending from bk 2 to bk1. ridiculous.

the second and third films are terrible too - different director and were actually made for TV, unlike the first. doesn't really make a lot of sense.

hopefully the american ones will be filmed at the same time a la LoTR, to give it some uniformity