Options

It was all Ryan's fault

YesYes Posts: 364
Forum Member
Just catching up just now.

I'm no Heidi and Spencer fan, in fact I'm not sure if there's anyone in the house I like, but what Ryan did was stupid.

Ryan has said practically nothing so far, a boring HM that plays Mr Nice Guy. Then out of nowhere he decides to challenge Heidi and Spencer about their kissing. They are a married couple and you don't go challenging such things.

Heidi and Spencer are clearly a couple of trailer trash morons but there's certain things you just shouldn't say to people, particularly when things are already threatening to blow up.

I'm not surprised Spencer was annoyed.

Comments

• Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, he shouldn't have said that, but he explained when he saw they took offence, but Spencer being the immature little prick he is was incapable of letting him speak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He said he was just winding them up, or words to that effect. That isn't acceptable justification.

He came out of his shell to try and play to the gallery and it failed.
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes wrote: »
    He said he was just winding them up, or words to that effect. That isn't acceptable justification.

I personally don't see the big deal what Ryan said. Fair enough its non of has business, but its not as big of a deal people are making out.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    I personally don't see the big deal what Ryan said. Fair enough its non of has business, but its not as big of a deal people are making out.

I agree. Why don't people let it rest. Ryan apologised. To Speidi and things have moved on so let just do that please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    That's a typical aussie bloke who goes in with a bit of humour that no one gets. forget the Americans understanding anything. They are blithering idiots. Ryan is a nice guy. Not sure if he will win, but he will walk out with his head held high. That is for sure.
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kpi wrote: »
    That's a typical aussie bloke who goes in with a bit of humour that no one gets. forget the Americans understanding anything. They are blithering idiots. Ryan is a nice guy. Not sure if he will win, but he will walk out with his head held high. That is for sure.

he was using his 'humour' to hide behind what he was really trying to do which was to mock their relationship. no wonder why both heidi and spencer told him off for it. it was kinda stupid
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    He basically was questioning their entire marriage.

Other than that though, nah he wasn't saying anything much :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kpi wrote: »
    Funny, I haven't seen any other displays of this 'humour'.
  • Options
    Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually thought that he was serious and when Spencer kicked off at him then he tried to defuse the situation by telling Spencer he was joking but Spencer kept on going like Ryan's original comment was deadly serious and I think that is how Ryan originally meant it.

I still think SPencer went way over the top and was basically bullying and shouting everyone down who dared speak up but I do think that Ryan wasn't actually joking when he first opened his mouth.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan is also to blame for the national debt, climate change, the snow, but his biggest crime is being personally responsible for Ella leaving X Factor before him, oh and don't forget his friendship with Jordan.

Poor Pratts, they have been nothing but sweet and charming from day one, as they always are, infact they are known for their wonderful kindess to their fellow reality show contestants. Shame on Rylan for daring to speak to the golden couple without asking permission first - on bended knees of course.

For crying out loud, this pair are the most obnoxious people to ever enter the house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    he was using his 'humour' to hide behind what he was really trying to do which was to mock their relationship. no wonder why both heidi and spencer told him off for it. it was kinda stupid

He said in the DR that the others don't really get his sense of humour, and he found that a bit awkward, but he can't be seen as rude - Rylan and Razor seemed shocked that Spencer was sniping at him.
    He basically was questioning their entire marriage.

Their marriage is questioned on this site probably every hour of the day. If many of us are so fascinated by it and asking questions, why wouldn't the housemates? They're around it 24/7 (or they were.) People are questioning it because it doesn't look genuine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    atleast he was more honest than spencer's 'we are considerate of you all who don't have your husband/wife/partners etc with you. That's why we are not intimate/' Yeah right! As the spendi would say 'boooooo' ha ha
  • Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    Daemon666 wrote: »
    I actually thought that he was serious and when Spencer kicked off at him then he tried to defuse the situation by telling Spencer he was joking but Spencer kept on going like Ryan's original comment was deadly serious and I think that is how Ryan originally meant it.

I still think SPencer went way over the top and was basically bullying and shouting everyone down who dared speak up but I do think that Ryan wasn't actually joking when he first opened his mouth.

Do you remember how the comments regarding Speidi's relationship first came to the fore? It wasn't the HMs just discussing them - they were discussing how odd their kissing was. The vilification of Ryan seems to be out of context.

Speidi were kissing - all the time - but not touching. Thet were doing that ridiculous puckering up to each other - it was this that was fist discussed and how odd their kissing was, which led to it being remarked upon that they didn't actually kiss.

For Speidi (and those supporters) to say that the question about Speidi kissing was inappropriate and rude because it was intrusive and Speidi don't want to force their intimacy on the house is wrong and missing the context.

Speidi had already been demonstative, frequently, by doing the non-kiss. Put that in and the context about them kissing and the HMs talking about it changes. When Speidi heard them talking about them kissing (when they were in the basement) they weren't just slagging them off it was in the context of their odd kissing which they did display.

The context for Ryan's comment (which I have never seen such vitriol) also changes no?

In any event, I haven't heard anything really bad said about Speidi by any of the HMs when they were in the basement. As seasoned RTV Speidi will have heard much much worse, and to pretend they were hurt is preposterous imo. They have had to scrape the barrel and keep them in there an extra day to try and get more stuff said about them. To give Speidi their due, they have feigned the apropriate outrage and put on sad faces, but its all too manipulated and contrived to convince me.
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    He said in the DR that the others don't really get his sense of humour, and he found that a bit awkward, but he can't be seen as rude.

Why not? Because you are taking his word it? :confused: Paula had an odd sense of humour and was awkward but was called rude plenty of times. I am sure he was trying to lighten the situation but he was doing at the expense of Speidi, who were already marginalised - that's not just a different sense of humour, it's cowardly.
  • Options
    Nocturnal MumNocturnal Mum Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan doesn't know how horrible the Pratts have been about him and probably thought his attempt at 'lightening the mood' would be ok because he'd always got on with Speidi- they were originally in the basement together, he'd stuck up for them when they refused to do the 'kissing balls' task, Ryan, like them is from another country and he's the only housemate (apart from them) to have been up for eviction. In his shoes I might have done the same as Ryan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not? Because you are taking his word it? :confused: Paula had an odd sense of humour and was awkward but was called rude plenty of times. I am sure he was trying to lighten the situation but he was doing at the expense of Speidi, who were already marginalised - that's not just a different sense of humour, it's cowardly.

You cut off the end of my sentence. I said why I don't think he's a rude housemate - Rylan and Razor were shocked Spencer was having a go at him.

If he's as rude and obnoxious as all that why would Rylan and Razor be pissed off that Spencer was shouting at him?
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I believe him when he said he was trying to lighten the mood because I probably would have said the same thing or similar for the same reason.
    I always try to make a joke in a situation like that and sometimes it works and puts people off their anger for a few seconds. But obviously Ryan had forgotten he was talking to the only man in the world without any sense of humour and it backfired.

I think had he been saying it to be snide he would have argued back when Spencer started mocking him. But instead he realised his mistake and apologised.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe him when he said he was trying to lighten the mood because I probably would have said the same thing or similar for the same reason.
    I always try to make a joke in a situation like that and sometimes it works and puts people off their anger for a few seconds. But obviously Ryan had forgotten he was talking to the only man in the world without any sense of humour and it backfired.

I think had he been saying it to be snide he would have argued back when Spencer started mocking him. But instead he realised his mistake and apologised.

Isn't that the truth. I don't think I've ever seen a more humourless couple on reality TV at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    As much as I admit Ryan said it to be crappy (in my opinion) - I really can't blame him!

Speidi are an awful pair of people - if I had to live with them I don't think I'd be able to be civil beyond a few days, and maybe winding them up or getting angry a little would happen. Ideal? No. But totally understandable - they're just horrid.

A shame that it led where it did (Razor etc), but that was more to do with Speidi's relentlessness in hypocritically attacking others, and certainly not Ryan's fault.

I'm sick of their 'holier than thou' act. If I had to live with it I'd be doing a Razor or a Ryan or *something*!
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan was clearly being rude with his comment. Obviously a married couple kiss each other. I don't get how it could have been a joke.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David_Hill wrote: »
    Ryan was clearly being rude with his comment. Obviously a married couple kiss each other. I don't get how it could have been a joke.

Joke or not it seems people are lambasting him as if he said something utterly reprehensible.
    He said do you kiss or to that effect and that's it!
    I've heard worse from other housemates.
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan wasn't joking originally. He backtracked soon enough though, when his rudeness was pointed out.
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way Ryan said it was like:

('Watch this guys, watch me wind them up'.)

'So you guys do kiss each other?'

Great way to ease the tension there Ryan especially after they have spent 48 hours watching people collectively take the piss out of how they behave as a couple.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Ryan may have set the whole chain reaction off, but everyone is responsible for their own behaviour. If by "trailer trash morons," you meant "born with a silver spoon in his (Spencer) mouth", if not, then you are mistaken.
  • Options
    WinsomeWinsome Posts: 12,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having rewatched the incident, it came across (to me) that Ryan jumped in and escalated the situation. Even if he was joking (which it didn't seem to be), it showed total insensitivity. I don't have a favourite in the house, so I can't say that I am biased toward either Ryan or Spencer and Heidi.