Anthea....

13»

Comments

• JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Anthea - and she will probably be quite good given the chance.

Stepdaughters are very supportive but I'm sorry I cannot stand her husband.

This pretty much sums it up for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    The reason Im not really following this series, makes me want to put my foot through the telly
  • Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Anthea and think she has been unfairly criticised in the press for years, especially when she is called talentless. She starred in the pantomime here as Cinderella years ago and was brilliant. People also criticise her for marrying Grant Bovey yet Esther Rantzen walked off with someone else's husband and is never criticised for it. Anthea is very graceful in DOI.
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea of her personal history and could care even less. It is rather tiresome that anyone over a certain age seems to be automatically criticised. Oh - unless they are male, in which case middle aged paunch is excused.

She is still shaky on the ice and yet that will improve with practice. What is clear imho - is that she has more grace and performance ability than anyone else on the ice. Go Anthea!
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I like Anthea and think she has been unfairly criticised in the press for years, especially when she is called talentless. She starred in the pantomime here as Cinderella years ago and was brilliant. People also criticise her for marrying Grant Bovey yet Esther Rantzen walked off with someone else's husband and is never criticised for it. Anthea is very graceful in DOI.

I don't know why she is hated either. She seems nice enough.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the bottom two should have been Joe with Anthea tonight, not Keith as he's a much better skater and very smooth on the ice, and Anthea was lifted off the ice far too much and spent so little time ON the ice!
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was sorry to see Anthea go - though I wouldn't have been happy to see the departure of Keith.

imo the bottom two should have been Joe and Luke.

Yes - Anthea's performances were loaded with elegant lifts, but that came naturally to her - so why didn't T&D say "Great - you're a natural when it comes to elegance so let's concentrate less on lifts and more on solo skating."

I realise that for some reason, unknown to me, Anthea attracts much hatred but imo T&D could have given her a fighting chance by choreographing routines that focused more on skating skills and less on her natural artistic grace.

The skaters are only as good as the choreographers.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does seem to go on at the end trying to do her leaving speech. Ignoring women.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind her really but as far as her skating ability went, she was carried around most of the time by her partner.
    Jason hit the nail on the head with his comments. She was very graceful but when you look at the others, they can skate a lot more on their own than she could.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad the judges made the sensible decision to save Keith, who has far more potential but whose save-me skate wasn't as good IMO. Anthea was fairly gracious in recognising that she wasn't going to improve any more and I'm glad we've been spared weeks of the same-old.

I can understand why the public don't like Anthea, but if you want to feel better about her then try watching Linda Barker on Splash for any length of time :eek::eek::mad:

It bothers me far more that nobody seems to want to vote for Keith - in fact I'm going to do a thread about it now...
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I was sorry to see Anthea go - though I wouldn't have been happy to see the departure of Keith.

imo the bottom two should have been Joe and Luke.

Yes - Anthea's performances were loaded with elegant lifts, but that came naturally to her - so why didn't T&D say "Great - you're a natural when it comes to elegance so let's concentrate less on lifts and more on solo skating."

I realise that for some reason, unknown to me, Anthea attracts much hatred but imo T&D could have given her a fighting chance by choreographing routines that focused more on skating skills and less on her natural artistic grace.

The skaters are only as good as the choreographers.

She did admit last night that she would've probably struggled if she stayed in much longer as she's not confident skating alone. And she said the same again on This Morning she admitted she was still nervous skating on her own. So obviously that's why they didn't include more solo skating in her routine. Presumably they tried to make the most of the nice lines she produced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's gone at last. Shame Andy's gone though, but guess he'll be in more pro routines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wonder what other Reality TV shows she will use
    before finally accepting its over.
    theres a very good reason why her.Cilla black and a few others vanished off the TV

I found it very telling the comments T&D used about her.Then the passion they showed about Keith.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad the judges made the sensible decision to save Keith, who has far more potential but whose save-me skate wasn't as good IMO. Anthea was fairly gracious in recognising that she wasn't going to improve any more and I'm glad we've been spared weeks of the same-old.

I can understand why the public don't like Anthea, but if you want to feel better about her then try watching Linda Barker on Splash for any length of time :eek::eek::mad:

It bothers me far more that nobody seems to want to vote for Keith - in fact I'm going to do a thread about it now...

Why???
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope that is the end of her. Get ready celebrity mag readers for another marriage break up/get back together series for the awful woman to earn a quick buck instead of real work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope that is the end of her. Get ready celebrity mag readers for another marriage break up/get back together series for the awful woman to earn a quick buck instead of real work.

I agree.
    Can never understand why these producers seem to think Anthea is a good choice.

Has she done IAC yet?
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is not a popular person, which shouldn't really matter but of course people don't vote for those they don't like. She spent too much time off the ice with the lifts, which is what made the difference in the skate off.