Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhhhhhhhhh *feels stupid and puts chequebook away* :D
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    They should a clip about BBC;
    Sarah Jane, Jackie & Mickey seem to have been taken by the Daleks and Sarah reminds them that they are one step closer to the Doctor

Seemed great!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohhh someone PLEASE upload this on youtube :(
  • bigaltbigalt Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the Radio Times they will be talking to Ray Cusick on DWC on Saturday.

Been giving DWC a miss this year but will watch this one:)
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRS8hDCiH9M BBC Preview of the episode, also pictures and stuff are on the BBC website
  • JimmyJoeJimmyJoe Posts: 17,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG what an amazing clip :eek::D:eek:

Sarah Jane is fantastic. Sorry Cpt Jack fans didnt like his scene lol :o:cool:

Saturday seems so far away :D
    Forum Member
    RTD got his gayness in, Jack kissed Ianto =D ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    RTD got his gayness in, Jack kissed Ianto =D ;)

lol oh that didnt bother me..I just find his acting a bit iffy at times..the "we're dead" just didnt do anything for me :o:D
  • tombalandtombaland Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimmyJoe wrote: »
    lol oh that didnt bother me..I just find his acting a bit iffy at times..the "we're dead" just didnt do anything for me :o:D

lol, yeah and talk about a defeatist attitude, i mean really...not gonna inspire much confidence in poor old gwyneth and ianto is it? 'oh **** it, we're dead'. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    tombaland wrote: »
    lol, yeah and talk about a defeatist attitude, i mean really...not gonna inspire much confidence in poor old gwyneth and ianto is it? 'oh **** it, we're dead'. :rolleyes:

Gotta bear in mind, last time he met them, he got killed. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerianCS wrote: »
    Gotta bear in mind, last time he met them, he got killed. ;)

and with that attitude he'll get killed again! it should be payback time...he needs to get his finger out his ass, get tooled up and do some blasting. kissing ianto on the head in not very proactive.:p
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and with that attitude he'll get killed again! it should be payback time...he needs to get his finger out his ass, get tooled up and do some blasting. kissing ianto on the head in not very proactive.:p

I think they are all entitled to a moment to reflect on just how much trouble they are in....Jack surely knows all to well just how hard it is to defeat the Daleks. I have no doubt he'll be anything but defeatist when he needs to be.

Also, having a little bit of snog seems to be SOP for Jack before going into battle with the Daleks...:p

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:gpg0vqhhKzw0eM:http://www.eyeofhorus.org.uk/images/photo/09eccleston/01series/13-partingways/parting-doctor-jack.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I think they are all entitled to a moment to reflect on just how much trouble they are in....Jack surely knows all to well just how hard it is to defeat the Daleks. I have no doubt he'll be anything but defeatist when he needs to be.

Also, having a little bit of snog seems to be SOP for Jack before going into battle with the Daleks...:p

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:gpg0vqhhKzw0eM:http://www.eyeofhorus.org.uk/images/photo/09eccleston/01series/13-partingways/parting-doctor-jack.jpg

god i loved that bit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, what I came to post was the bit of dialogue from The Stolen Earth that was revealed when I completed that stupid jigsaw puzzle they have on the BBC site (the things I do for spoilers! :rolleyes::p)
    The Doctor: There's no readings. Nothing. Not a trace. Not even a whisper. Ohh that's some fearsome technology.

Donna: What do we do?

The Doctor: We've got to get help.

Donna: Where from?

The Doctor: Donna. I'm taking you to the Shadow Proclamation. Hold tight!

:cool::cool:

My guess is this is from the pre-credit sequence?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    god i loved that bit

Me too....:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Anyway, what I came to post was the bit of dialogue from The Stolen Earth that was revealed when I completed that stupid jigsaw puzzle they have on the BBC site (the things I do for spoilers! :rolleyes::p)
    The Doctor: There's no readings. Nothing. Not a trace. Not even a whisper. Ohh that's some fearsome technology.

Donna: What do we do?

The Doctor: We've got to get help.

Donna: Where from?

The Doctor: Donna. I'm taking you to the Shadow Proclamation. Hold tight!

:cool::cool:

My guess is this is from the pre-credit sequence?

ooooh yes! :D

Thanks Muttley- saves me sitting for ages trying to do it now!
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Well from the trailers seen so far it seems obvious to me (although I will probably be proved wrong :)) that at some stage in the next 2 episodes the infamous 'reset button' is going to have to be used.

Think about it - we see the Daleks attacking earth 'War of the Worlds' style - the earth and other planets stolen and taken somewhere - and maybe a companion dying - so even when the Daleks get defeated you will need a reset to put everthing right. I cant see a way to avoid this.

So all those 'reset button' complainers - might as well get your reviews written early. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will this latest trailer be shown on BBC at any stage? My computer doesn't have sound :(
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Well from the trailers seen so far it seems obvious to me (although I will probably be proved wrong :)) that at some stage in the next 2 episodes the infamous 'reset button' is going to have to be used.

Think about it - we see the Daleks attacking earth 'War of the Worlds' style - the earth and other planets stolen and taken somewhere - and maybe a companion dying - so even when the Daleks get defeated you will need a reset to put everthing right. I cant see a way to avoid this.

So all those 'reset button' complainers - might as well get your reviews written early. :D

While I certainly expect the Earth to get returned to it's proper place (The Time Lords have to know where it is so they can move it in the Future ;)) I hope that's the only reset we do get.

No reversal of Time Please. Think about it If they did reverse time to the moment the Earth was stolen and the same was done for the other missing planets then a number of this years stories may not have taken place.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if anyone else noticed. On the "Stolen Earth" poster ad on the DW website it has the sub-title "Master-Plan". am I reading too much into this OR is The Master behind the latest Dalek invasion?
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    While I certainly expect the Earth to get returned to it's proper place (The Time Lords have to know where it is so they can move it in the Future ;)) I hope that's the only reset we do get.

No reversal of Time Please. Think about it If they did reverse time to the moment the Earth was stolen and the same was done for the other missing planets then a number of this years stories may not have taken place.

But we have seen Dalek ships destroying cities (London?) and that cant be allowed to stand can it?

As for the earth it has not been stolen yet so I dont see that it could affect this years stories so far.
    Forum Member
    In the trailer you see the Doctor & Donna looking out of the Tardis in shock, maybe its because that's where Earth should be, but isn't due to it being stolen.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But we have seen Dalek ships destroying cities (London?) and that cant be allowed to stand can it?
    I don't see why not, maybe Moffat wants Earth to be a bit roughed up when he starts as show runner.

Jack always said the 21st Century is when everything changes.

I know a deleted scene had him say he had no idea what that meant but his former boss at TW3 said the same thing before killing himself (and after killing the other TW3 members).
    As for the earth it has not been stolen yet so I dont see that it could affect this years stories so far.

My point was that if the Doctor has the power to return Earth to a point in Time before it is stolen (therefore negating all we see in these episodes) he could well have the power to do it to the other 26 planets.

However If the Adipose Breeding Planet is returned before it was stolen for example then Miss Foster would never have come to Earth and Donna would not have met the Doctor (or at least not in the same way).
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else noticed. On the "Stolen Earth" poster ad on the DW website it has the sub-title "Master-Plan". am I reading too much into this OR is The Master behind the latest Dalek invasion?

I'm pretty sure he's not. I would like to see him in some capacity though.
  • Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And of course War Of The Worlds is probably the best example of a "Deux Ex Machina" in literature. H G Wells wrote himself into a corner and used bacteria/germs as a "reset button" of sorts.