Options

The Big Yin

BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
Forum Member
I noticed Billy Connolly did not bother to get up and clap Ann Widdecombe when she departed SCD

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have even applauded her, let alone joined in with the standing ovation.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't say it bothered me - don't like the Big Yin and loathe Widdy.
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,403
    Forum Member
    Can't stand Billy and have been glad he has kept his nose out of the show. Mind you I do wonder why he has been so quiet. Something going on maybe!!!:eek:

If I was Ann I would have been pleased he left me alone. Never have liked him since he said something about the hostage 'Norman' someone who was killed. BC made light of it and was quite rude about the poor man. I have hated him since them.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand Billy and have been glad he has kept his nose out of the show. Mind you I do wonder why he has been so quiet. Something going on maybe!!!:eek:
    I assume because this is Pamela's time in the spotlight and he doesn't want to steal it from her?
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Ann and Anton are doing their final dance and the camera pans around them showing most of the audience, there are quite a few people not standing. It is hardly surprising Billy didn't stand up or applaud.
  • Options
    SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If I was Ann I would have been pleased he left me alone. Never have liked him since he said something about the hostage 'Norman' someone who was killed. BC made light of it and was quite rude about the poor man. I have hated him since them.

It was Ken Bigley.

Billy Connolly ceased to be funny a very long time ago, he's a disgrace.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3611852/Its-the-way-he-tells-them.html
  • Options
    Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Borefest wrote: »
    I noticed Billy Connolly did not bother to get up and clap Ann Widdecombe when she departed SCD
    I'm struggling to think of him standing on any of the vts we've seen - he's always seated.
    (Not being facetious) has he got hip or spine problems maybe that we don't know about?
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't hate him but have never once found him even remotely amusing, despite the 200 appearances on Parkinson :yawn:
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,403
    Forum Member
    It was Ken Bigley.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3611852/Its-the-way-he-tells-them.html

Thank you for gilving me the right name, that's the one I meant. That's the point in his career I felt was his downfall and after that I can't bear to see or hear from him..
  • Options
    TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's always been a big head. Even back in the 70's when he was wearing those daft banana boots. My husband is a big fan. I'm not
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    I wouldn't have even applauded her, let alone joined in with the standing ovation.

This!! Why would give a standing ovation to someone who refused (to learn) to dance?
    The Big Yin had the right idea. And yes, I do love him. But that's beside the point :)
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    This!! Why would give a standing ovation to someone who refused (to learn) to dance?
    The Big Yin had the right idea. And yes, I do love him. But that's beside the point :)

Me too :D
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Ken Bigley.

It was a rather unfortunate comment, probably a case of opening mouth before engaging brain, but it might have been a reaction to the way that the then PM used the situation. I know I was disgusted at the way Blair attended the funeral (and repatriation?) but never attended the repatriation or funeral of any British servicemen killed in action.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    I'm struggling to think of him standing on any of the vts we've seen - he's always seated.
    (Not being facetious) has he got hip or spine problems maybe that we don't know about?

Nah, don't think so, he was moving around the stage quite easily when I saw him a few months ago.