Options

Capital FM Network (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chipman wrote: »
    OK, cool. Capital will be in trouble though should any more guitar-led stuff makes its way into the top 10 as they simply cannot play more than a few 'spice' tracks.

They would most likely run it like heart so that the stations which require more RnB and Hip Hop ect would play more at Breakfast and drive to meet the requirement allowing capital to play more guitar led music through the day on the network.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Christian Williams, the same guy that does Weekends on Capital East Mids?? Does that mean the East Mids has to suffer 6hrs of this guy?? Thats crazy, they need to bring Steffan back (at least on the local station).

As far as I was aware he wasn't going to be local any more, just the 3-5am weekend mornings, plus as much national swing/cover as he can get.

However, he is still showing up in the 8am-12pm weekend slot on eastmids website.

He's also currently showing up for the 7-10pm on Sunday too, meaning - if it's correct - he'd be national 3-5am, local 8am-12pm and then national again 7-10pm.. I like the bloke, but that a bit of a Christian William's overload for the East Midlands.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    He's also currently showing up for the 7-10pm on Sunday too, meaning - if it's correct - he'd be national 3-5am, local 8am-12pm and then national again 7-10pm.. I like the bloke, but that a bit of a Christian William's overload for the East Midlands.

Just covering from 7, so won't be a regular thing. As for the local 8-12, Adam Inker is still listed as doing Saturday morning here on the South Coast - but he's confirmed on Twitter he isn't. (As he's now doing networked Sunday 5-8am.)
  • Options
    -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    j10cool10 wrote: »
    Just covering from 7, so won't be a regular thing. As for the local 8-12, Adam Inker is still listed as doing Saturday morning here on the South Coast - but he's confirmed on Twitter he isn't. (As he's now doing networked Sunday 5-8am.)

Does that mean we have Toni twice a week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have any stations had extra travel/news this hour?

Also what was the 7pm news? Local or national?
  • Options
    WillumWillum Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chipman wrote: »
    I think Capital's format restrictions from inheriting the Galaxy stations are starting to show. Big hits such as "Some Friends" by Fun and One Direction "live while we're young" are not getting played due to format restrictions I think. If the Galaxy stations were truly in format, they would sound like Kiss yet in London has to distance itself from Kiss.

It can't be a true hit music station yet!
    That kind of sums up why I think that Capital and Galaxy are such an odd, messy, combination.

Global's obsession with uniformity really is causing them a few problems when, really, they should at least be splitting the network to allow some of the stations to keep a more Galaxy-esque format.

Two of the former Galaxy stations were even Kiss themselves beforehand, and therefore their on-air format should reflect that.

They were not established to ape Bauer's Big City stations.
  • Options
    HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't people get over GALAXY, was years ago. Move on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    Less than 24 months ago, really. That's not very long for many of us.
  • Options
    station31station31 Posts: 3,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In some people's eyes Galaxy is or was regarded as a better product
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right so that product is no more. Things change, Galaxy will never be brought back to life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right so that product is no more. Things change, Galaxy will never be brought back to life.
    That doesn't mean you have the authority to forbid us from mourning its demise.
  • Options
    MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah... Just like the Cadbury's Wispa Bar went out years ago. Came back last year and has healthy amount of buyers every week.

Brands that people REMEMBER are likely to return, depending on popularity, in Galaxy's case; great amount of listeners, but the men in suites decided to take an exsisting brand they have from london and branch it out to the UK.

Same thing will happen to Real Radio once Heart eventually takes over their slots, However Real hasn't had good listeners since 2009.

I'm quite possitive that a Galaxy(-alike station) will launch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah... Just like the Cadbury's Wispa Bar went out years ago. Came back last year and has healthy amount of buyers every week.

Brands that people REMEMBER are likely to return, depending on popularity, in Galaxy's case; great amount of listeners, but the men in suites decided to take an exsisting brand they have from london and branch it out to the UK.

Same thing will happen to Real Radio once Heart eventually takes over their slots, However Real hasn't had good listeners since 2009.

I'm quite possitive that a Galaxy(-alike station) will launch.

Would be great for Global to bring Galaxy to national DAB if National 2 launches.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -ajm- wrote: »
    Would be great for Global to bring Galaxy to national DAB if National 2 launches.

Global don't support Digital Radio sadly.. If Ministry were to buy any of the stations that global are forced to offload, I'd support that. But doubt they're interested after trying to aquire an FM license from Ofcom years ago!

I'd love to get my foot in the door and help out IF Galaxy returned! The station has changed the way I see music. Via it's GALAXY WEEKEND with Hed Kandi, Tiesto, Steve Sutherland ect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No chance of Galaxy coming back. Sounded like a Kiss FM wannabe anyway. Radio isn't like an actual product ie Cadbury wispa. Which was an actual publicity stunt from themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j10cool10 wrote: »

I was talking about EastMids 8-12. But yeah I noticed that about South Coast the other day, too. Emily Seagull also got it wrong this morning, saying "adam inker was on his way into the studio" when he's clearly still in bed lol
    -ajm- wrote: »
    Does that mean we have Toni twice a week?

I believe it does. Well, she's on air now, at least.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Kiss has better range of programming:

KISS:
    FNK, SNK, The Hed Kandi Mix, Cream Ibiza, The Bass Mix, UKF, Charlie Hedges In The Mix, Pioneer, Mixblock, Kiss Presents, Midnight Mix......

Capital: Andi Durrant & Mixtape.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MattJW wrote: »
    Kiss has better range of programming:

KISS:
    FNK, SNK, The Hed Kandi Mix, Cream Ibiza, The Bass Mix, UKF, Charlie Hedges In The Mix, Pioneer, Mixblock, Kiss Presents, Midnight Mix......

Capital: Andi Durrant & Mixtape.

I know, but they only broadcast on 3 FM signals based in London, with Galaxy you could listen to it anywhere in the car. If Baeur gets the Real XS frequencies, there's a chance that they'll rebrand the Manchester license/expand kiss fm to the north.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Baeur gets the Real XS frequencies, there's a chance that they'll rebrand the Manchester license/expand kiss fm to the north.

Format?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Global don't support Digital Radio...

I can see with Capital, Heart and Gold still at 112kbps despite there being vacant blocks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No chance of Galaxy coming back. Sounded like a Kiss FM wannabe anyway. Radio isn't like an actual product ie Cadbury wispa.
    Those may be your views, but please don't belittle and patronise those who do not share them.

After all, Galaxy was vastly superior to Capital. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where in my sentence did I patronise or belittle you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Pretty sure Pandora has just clocked off an hour early lol. Said James Barr was up next at 7pm, but he doesn't start until 8 and now sounds like there is just not stop-music for an hour! random.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred Galaxy, but Capital isn't bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preferred having Sacha Brooks in the afternoon, rather than a bloke who calls himself 'The Bassman'. Yet why hasn't he shifted on over to Heart already?