Options

Dexter series 4 on Fx August 20th

BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
Forum Member
✭✭✭
At last, something good to watch! Just need some news on Breaking Bad series 3 now.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh thats a week earlier than I'd heard. Hope you're right :)
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    series 4 is very good, much better than series 3 was IMHO
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Great!
    Can't wait.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 4 is brilliant, probably the best yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spendleb wrote: »
    Series 4 is brilliant, probably the best yet.

indeed!!
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yepeeeee...... 1 week early.... But 1 f**king year late! :mad:
  • Options
    richhoopsrichhoops Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to this despite being horribly spoilered by a DS article a few months back.
  • Options
    ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lala wrote: »
    Oh yepeeeee...... 1 week early.... But 1 f**king year late! :mad:

Good thing you're not being forced to watch it then isn't it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 4 is superb. Can't wait for Season 5 to start in September.
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good thing you're not being forced to watch it then isn't it?

What are you talking about? I LOVE Dexter... Just hate the fact that we are so late getting the latest season!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I adore Dexter, and from what I've read about season four, I'm sure I'll adore it even more after this season's finale!
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I watched this at US Pace last year but was so fantastic I shall be watching it all over again. Those fans who haven't yet been spoiled, make sure you tune in. You will NOT be disappointed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally like how FX show it so late, I watch at US pace, and then watch it again on FX

I would prefer FZ to show it earlier though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    richhoops wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this despite being horribly spoilered by a DS article a few months back.

Same here really looking forward to it despite the massive spoiler ( it was in the title so couldnt avoid it before anyone mentions the warnings). Am actually only new to dexter so am currently watching season three on catchup on fx. like it but definitely not shaping up as good as season 2. But still one of the best thing on television by a long way
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for this to come back...been off our screens too long.

Just a shame I saw a spoiler about how the series will end :( but will still enjoy it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Can't wait, my absolute fav programme.

In a weird way it is relaxing to watch as you can't think about anything else because its so absorbing...

If I had never seen it and someone tried to explain what the story is - not sure I would 'get it' and watch though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 4 is Awesome and I will be watching it again as well.

I really hope the people who haven't seen it yet and haven't already seen spoilers; don't see them because I think it will do just that and spoil it for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fx seems to of given a alittle to much away in there promo IMO............
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Virgin are promoting Dexter as part of the HD line up. Can't wait till 20th.

With regard to spoilers I accidentally caught a massive spolier for the End of Series Cliff Hanger by scanning the web. At the time I didn't know we were a whole series behind in the UK so I thought the clip I watched was for something I'd already seen.

:mad:

:cry:
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As well as season 3 being released on DVD next Monday (16/08), season 4 will be relased on 29 November on DVD & also on Blu Ray.

No idea why season 3 isnt being released on Blu Ray along with the DVD release, or why we still havent got seasons 1 & 2 on Blu Ray in the UK.
  • Options
    hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched 1,2,3 and 4 practically in a row last year. Wasn't normally into American Crime Series Dramas(I love real life crime docs, but never usually get into fictional programmes). But I was hooked on Dexter. Season 4 ending was a shock, would rather it didn't happen! But left me "gasping" for season 5......although being on Freeview I'll have to find some other ways of watching it without Fox.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    not long to go, loving season 3 but from what i read season 4 is even better so am really looking forward to it now. Does anyone ever wonder how much of a shelflife the series has. I mean clever and all as dexter is surely he can't get away with this forever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hsellors wrote: »
    I watched 1,2,3 and 4 practically in a row last year.

I'm the same, always meant to watch Dexter but never got round to it, then earlier this year I think it was I found the DVDs of season 1 and decided to give it go, then watched the entire four seasons back to back - am totally hooked and cannot wait for season 5!

Season 4 is my fave season so think I'll be watching on FX from next week. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Season 4 is superb, and the finale just had me reeling!

All those that haven't seen it will love it.

Dexter is so wierd in that it has you rooting for the monster, kind of like The Sopranos did, but it never lets you forget what he really is, so it leaves wondering what is right and wrong in terms of morals and ethics. I love shows that make me question my own beliefs, and this is definitely one of them.

Excellent show - and Michael C Hall is just brilliant!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    For those yet to see season 4. You will love it