Options

The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So now we know why the much anticipated Dylan/Zoe romance never too off. Is this new (old) guy supposed to be his replacement? Meh.

Tom and Sam - Meh.

And it looks to me that Fletch (who has to be one of the most insipid new characters ever) and Tess could be lining up for a romance, family man or not. Ugh.

The show has lost its way and its all down to the characters, imo. The only ones I give a hoot about are Zoe, Nick and Dylan and theres only 1 of them left standing. Nick needs to come back soon. But he alone cannot save the day. They need to get rid of Linda, Louise, Tom and Fletch; liven up Sam, Tess and Llyod and get in some new engaging characters! I like Dixie and Jeff also but Tamzin is a waste of space.
  • Options
    Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the salsa thing with Tess/Fletch remind anyone else of Tess/Abs' relationship... I loved their relationship ;)
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    The last episode was a bit disappointing. I HATED what they have done to Dylan, he was reduced to insult Amanda, the most boring and annoying character on the show.

I like Sam/Tom flirting, it's good, that they aren't really a front burn sl, but that there is some sparks too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I think the cure for the disease is a good dose of excitement and some decent staff storylines, without overpowering the patients.

Perhaps we should all think up storylines for each character, bundle them up and send them to the BBC...
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the cure for the disease is a good dose of excitement and some decent staff storylines, without overpowering the patients.

Perhaps we should all think up storylines for each character, bundle them up and send them to the BBC...
    Or we could let the writers do the job that they're paid very handsomely to do, continue to so do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Or we could let the writers do the job that they're paid very handsomely to do, continue to so do.

But as we've discussed earlier, they aren't doing that job very well...

Also, I agree with the people saying Tazmin, Fletch etc. are the same, none of them have had any defining storylines.
  • Options
    qwerty21qwerty21 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    I think the problem is too many characters aren't standalone characters the purpose of the characters is to affect the current characters rather than being interesting themselves.

Look at the Doctors: Dylan is an interesting and engaging character in his own right then Sam was introduced- effectively an extension of Dylan's character (to be fair Sam has become a good character in her own right) Tom seems to have been introduced solely as a love intrest for Sam and isn't very interesting himself and now Dominic seems to have been introduced for the whistleblowing storyline about Tom. But I don't really care as Tom is pretty boring himself.

Tamsin is the same- Nikki WIlson said in her DS interview that she'll affect Jeff + Dixie's relationship but she isn't an interesting character herself (like Omar the paramedic she was originally with).

Fletch doesn't seem to have a purpose it could be perhaps to show another side of Tess.

Lloyd at least was an interesting character in his own right and had his storyline with Scarlett which I think was very strong but without her it almost seems as if they haven't thought what to do with him next or they could just be 'resting' the character for a bit so he isn't overexposed.

For me the only characters who are interesting in their own right are Nick, Zoe (although increasingly less and less), Dylan, and perhaps Jeff + Dixie. For me Lloyd and Sam are borderline cases. Obviously Charlie + Tess are kind of the furniture. But if Tamzin, Tom, Fletch, Linda, Noel, Big Mac and Louise all disappeared it would be no great loss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But as we've discussed earlier, they aren't doing that job very well...

Also, I agree with the people saying Tazmin, Fletch etc. are the same, none of them have had any defining storylines.

It's just that I remember a time a while back when some posted their own plot lines and they were quite shocking. shocking to believe that these people studied English literature in school.

Your are right though, Casualty hasn't been great for a long time. Even if Tamzin won the Nobel Peace Prize, she would still be disliked and Fletch is just Smithy from The Bill with a change of career. Both wont be missed when they leave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwerty21 wrote: »
    I think the problem is too many characters aren't standalone characters the purpose of the characters is to affect the current characters rather than being interesting themselves.

Look at the Doctors: Dylan is an interesting and engaging character in his own right then Sam was introduced- effectively an extension of Dylan's character (to be fair Sam has become a good character in her own right) Tom seems to have been introduced solely as a love intrest for Sam and isn't very interesting himself and now Dominic seems to have been introduced for the whistleblowing storyline about Tom. But I don't really care as Tom is pretty boring himself.

Tamsin is the same- Nikki WIlson said in her DS interview that she'll affect Jeff + Dixie's relationship but she isn't an interesting character herself (like Omar the paramedic she was originally with).

Fletch doesn't seem to have a purpose it could be perhaps to show another side of Tess.

Lloyd at least was an interesting character in his own right and had his storyline with Scarlett which I think was very strong but without her it almost seems as if they haven't thought what to do with him next or they could just be 'resting' the character for a bit so he isn't overexposed.

For me the only characters who are interesting in their own right are Nick, Zoe (although increasingly less and less), Dylan, and perhaps Jeff + Dixie. For me Lloyd and Sam are borderline cases. Obviously Charlie + Tess are kind of the furniture. But if Tamzin, Tom, Fletch, Linda, Noel, Big Mac and Louise all disappeared it would be no great loss.
    I was hoping louise was there for a big story line with one of the main characters, possibly Dixie, but I think she just there as an annoyance for all. Big Mac is well liked and would be missed but the others, i agree with. Although I do like Linda but that's largely because I'm a sucker for a Merseyside accent.
  • Options
    sarasmindsarasmind Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Isnt Fletch supposed to be married

. "When his wife went into labour in the emergency department, it was the optimistic nursing staff who saw the couple through. There and then Fletch decided to retrain as a nurse"

Taken from bbc.co.uk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    sarasmind wrote: »
    Isnt Fletch supposed to be married

. "When his wife went into labour in the emergency department, it was the optimistic nursing staff who saw the couple through. There and then Fletch decided to retrain as a nurse"

Taken from bbc.co.uk

On casualty how many married men stay faithful?
  • Options
    Jay LeeJay Lee Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone see tonight's or did people decide to X Factor's final a ratings boost (yuck)?

Not a bad episode. The patient storylines could be better - hate the way all the patients seem to be related to one another - but the Tom / Dominic storyline is hotting up. Tamsin has gone! Not that I felt she added to the programme. Odd that Dylan is off next week but he isn't getting much of a fanfare. Both he and Sam only appeared in the last 25 minutes.

Good that Connie Fisher has sodded off.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the episode. Lol, I would never watched anything else when Casualty is on, I would feel bad. :o

Good patient storylines. I'm not sure about Domonic but Tom has to let go of what happened between them, when they last worked together.

I really don't get the twitter hype about Tom and Sam. Then again, I don't think any Casualty present or future couple can match up to Ruth and Jay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay Lee wrote: »
    Anyone see tonight's or did people decide to X Factor's final a ratings boost (yuck)?

Not a bad episode. The patient storylines could be better - hate the way all the patients seem to be related to one another - but the Tom / Dominic storyline is hotting up. Tamsin has gone! Not that I felt she added to the programme. Odd that Dylan is off next week but he isn't getting much of a fanfare. Both he and Sam only appeared in the last 25 minutes.

Good that Connie Fisher has sodded off.
    It's as rare as rocking horse droppings for me to like the patients. They usually bore me, fail to raise an ounce of me caring if they live or die or are full of crap and are hiding something hindering the doctors from doing their jobs.

Tamsin leaving soon was on the cards the day she turned up. Would have preferred her to have gone out in a blaze of glory by decking the Irish woman [don't know her name so I'll call her Lindsey] Was hoping there would be a bit more to the story though like her playing Jeff off against Dixie. She did look good in those jeans though.

BTW what is this xfactor thing of which you speak?
  • Options
    BLADESMAN1889BLADESMAN1889 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish that Dr Tom Kent was leaving, I hate him. Such an arrogant slime ball.

There's just something that gives me the creeps about him - especially as he is the pediatrician - I think he comes across as a paedophile !
  • Options
    Jay LeeJay Lee Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was an improvement on recent weeks but by no means perfect. As I said before, I hate the way all the patients seem to be related to one another (see footballer's girlfriend and Milly, the young girl, and their mum). Also, am I the only one who finds those press scrums outside the hospital really cheesy and unrealistic? Are we meant to believe that footballer was really high profile in Holby? Thr girlfriend was strutting about like Victoria Beckham. Whenever Casualty shows the press outside the hospital, it's like something out of Superman. I expect Clark Kent to appear.

Interesting storyline with Tom and Dominic. I quite like Oliver Coleman's portrayal but I can see why some people find him boring / OTT (which he was when he was kicking the bin like a sulky child).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wish that Dr Tom Kent was leaving, I hate him. Such an arrogant slime ball.

There's just something that gives me the creeps about him - especially as he is the pediatrician - I think he comes across as a paedophile !

I actually like his character, even though he is a hot head. I couldn't care less about the Dominic character, and he was going to let a patient go, who did actually end up being really ill. And Tom wasn't the only one with an attitude, Dominic's "pediatrician expert" came across really condescending.
    Also, Tom probably saved the hospital a huge lawsuit, yet he got suspended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really couldnt stand Zoe last night, as much as I hate him, she suspended tom for breaking the rules. How many times has she broken them yet got off with it, Ive lost count? She is a bloody hypocrite, she hasnt punched anyone but she has made heaps of mistakes that could of killed patients or put them in danger. She even agreed to lie in court just cos Marilyn found out she was shagging Jessicas husband and slept her way into a promotion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really couldnt stand Zoe last night, as much as I hate him, she suspended tom for breaking the rules. How many times has she broken them yet got off with it, Ive lost count? She is a bloody hypocrite, she hasnt punched anyone but she has made heaps of mistakes that could of killed patients or put them in danger. She even agreed to lie in court just cos Marilyn found out she was shagging Jessicas husband and slept her way into a promotion.

Also, she suspended Tom without hearing him out. Punching Dominic was out of order, but Dominic was unprofessional and out of order as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!! Oliver Coleman really cannot act IMHO. He just came across as a small child throwing his toys out the pram. Another dull episode, won't really miss Tamzin.
  • Options
    DaveinLeedsDaveinLeeds Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really couldnt stand Zoe last night, as much as I hate him, she suspended tom for breaking the rules. How many times has she broken them yetgot off with it, Ive lost count?QUOTE]

It makes me laugh the number of times you see her propping up the wall outside having a **** with the "no smoking" sign immediately behind her!

Did anyone who also watches/watched Doctors notice Melody last night?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    barkingmad wrote: »
    Wow!! Oliver Coleman really cannot act IMHO. He just came across as a small child throwing his toys out the pram. Another dull episode, won't really miss Tamzin.

Couldn't agree more, and that punch ? What the hell was that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've started to watch past episodes (Series 19 - 22) in recent weeks, and I've realised how much I have missed Characters such as Selena, Maggie and even Kelsey. I think the ED team we're much stronger back in those days, in particular the Nurse's. I really cannot care for the characters of Lloyd and Fletch, but I do like Linda. They're also slowly killing the Character of Zoe, I much preferred her when she was the Brilliant Late Party Animal Doctor. Hopefully the new Student nurses will bring a breath of fresh air to the show, but with the recent additions of Louise and Tom, I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also, she suspended Tom without hearing him out. Punching Dominic was out of order, but Dominic was unprofessional and out of order as well.

If Nick Jordan was still Clinical Lead he would of heard Toms side of the story. From preview it looks like Zoe isn't going to give Nick his job back, she better not say anything about her being able to do it better cos she clearly can't. She better give Nick back his kingdom (the ed)
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I've been watching X Factor and so have been catching up with Casualty on Sundays.

I miss the likes of Lenny, Ruth, Jay and Mads. Dylan is the best thing about Casualty at the moment. Zoe, Dixy and Jeff are always good value. I've never warmed to Linda's character and 'Smithy' is dull.

Not keen on the new doc yet either.
This discussion has been closed.