The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    next casualty episode is 30th June and it is new nurse fletchs first appearance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member

YAY :D cant wait :)
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,462
    Forum Member
    at least they are developing her now

I wish that they would develop her right off our screens.
    Loathe the character.
    Considering that I haven't particularly enjoyed the Britney/Linda storyline, or the relationship between Scarlett and Lloyd, I actually liked this episode a lot. The David Blackstock character was suitably creepy and I thought the patient storylines had a bit more depth than is sometimes evident.

I've always liked Dylan's character and so his presence in this episode definitely added some lighter moments and I even managed to guess the whole situation with the Sickle Cell Patient just as Dylan diagnosed him!

Lenny's exit was also nicely done, although it's a shame that they haven't been able to do more with the character.

I was more bored than a bored thing with this episode.
    Dislike Linda, hate the Britney storyline and not keen on the whole Scarlett/Lloyd thing.
    If those 3 characters worked in my A&E dept they would all have been disciplined at least once already for not working when they are at work! I know it's a drama and the writers think we want to see storylines around the main characters but this viewer is sick of it
  • Audio RebelAudio Rebel Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the tip-off.
    3 wks without Cazzie.Bloody football... :rolleyes::(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    So glad Casualty will be back before the Olympics start but i wish it was starting the saturday before which would be the 23rd June as i go away on the 30th June which means i will miss the first episode after the 3 week break and the one the week after at least i will be able to read everybody's comments on the episodes and see how much people loved them!!! :)
  • PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday 30 June
    8.50-9.40pm BBC ONE

As Sam prepares to return to the army, new nurse Fletch joins the ED team in Casualty.

Sam has high hopes of returning to Afghanistan, but when she falters during a training exercise she is forced to question whether she will ever be ready to face a war zone again.

On her way home she comes across Captain Morrison, a former army colleague, who is slumped in a crashed vehicle. Suspecting that he has had an epileptic fit she is torn over whether she should tell the army the truth of her suspicions, which could end his military career.

Meanwhile Fletch is making a favourable impression with everyone - except for Lloyd. But they are forced to work together to help Amy, whose initial joy at discovering she is pregnant turns to horror when the true diagnosis is made.
  • Tass BTass B Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti wrote: »
    Saturday 30 June
    8.50-9.40pm BBC ONE

As Sam prepares to return to the army, new nurse Fletch joins the ED team in Casualty.

Sam has high hopes of returning to Afghanistan, but when she falters during a training exercise she is forced to question whether she will ever be ready to face a war zone again.

On her way home she comes across Captain Morrison, a former army colleague, who is slumped in a crashed vehicle. Suspecting that he has had an epileptic fit she is torn over whether she should tell the army the truth of her suspicions, which could end his military career.

Meanwhile Fletch is making a favourable impression with everyone - except for Lloyd. But they are forced to work together to help Amy, whose initial joy at discovering she is pregnant turns to horror when the true diagnosis is made.

Thanks for this! Really looking forward to Fletch joining! :)
    Forum Member
    Patti wrote: »
    Saturday 30 June
    8.50-9.40pm BBC ONE

If Sam leaves I may as well not have a tv cos I only really watch programes for Charlotte salt
  • Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Sam leaves I may as well not have a tv cos I only really watch programes for Charlotte salt

It's only temporary so Charlotte could film something else..
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    I am not looking forward to fletch - never liked the actor. He was not that great in waterloo road
  • lord.dynamolord.dynamo Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I am not looking forward to fletch - never liked the actor. He was not that great in waterloo road

Altho I do like the actor, I'm not looking forward to him either. I can imagine the execs sitting around a table trying to come up with the character after having already decided he'd be called Fletch.
    Forum Member
    It's only temporary so Charlotte could film something else..

Film what cos she was only in one episode of bedlam..
  • Jay LeeJay Lee Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree with you. Wilkinshaw was toe-curlingly awful in Waterloo Road - a combination of bad writing and unconvincing acting. Wasn't he drafted in as a last minute replacement on WR because Paul Nicholls dropped out?
  • Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Film what cos she was only in one episode of bedlam..

She'd still need time of to film it? I doubt it only took a day or so..
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,149
    Forum Member
    Jay Lee wrote: »
    Completely agree with you. Wilkinshaw was toe-curlingly awful in Waterloo Road - a combination of bad writing and unconvincing acting. Wasn't he drafted in as a last minute replacement on WR because Paul Nicholls dropped out?

Ye he was. I'm gonna give his character a shot he was good in the Bill but sucked in WR so theres a 50/50 chance he'll be good
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    Ye he was. I'm gonna give his character a shot he was good in the Bill but sucked in WR so theres a 50/50 chance he'll be good

Any luck he's better in casualty than he was in Waterloo road
    Forum Member
    *Retrieves*

Just seen the promo for the next episode, and I think Fletch will be a nice addition to the team :D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see Fletch arrive, I loved Alex in The Bill and Waterloo Road
    Forum Member
    There's also another clip with Alex, I think talking about his character havn't watched it yet!

Edit: he talks about Fletch and he seems a geg. Cant wait to see him next Saturday :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited to Fletch arrive! He seems like he will be a really nice guy! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Do The Right Thing'

Airs Saturday, Jul 7 2012 at 20:50

Newly released from prison and determined to turn his life around, Wesley is devastated to discover that his wife Faith still dealing drugs. When police are alerted to a violent argument at Wesley's home, they come prepared for trouble and end up using a stun gun on Wesley, not realising that Faith has already given him a blow to the head.

When Wesley suffers serious complications in the ED, Jordan and the team question the police involvement, straining relations between Jordan and his police officer partner Yvonne.

Meanwhile, Dylan and Sam are still at loggerheads, with Dylan refusing to sign the divorce papers if Sam persists in her plan to stay at Holby.

Their tensions reach a dangerous pitch and almost threaten the survival of a teenager, who is implicated in the persecution of a vulnerable man living on the estate.
    Forum Member
    Tass B wrote: »
    'Do The Right Thing'

Airs Saturday, Jul 7 2012 at 20:50

Newly released from prison and determined to turn his life around, Wesley is devastated to discover that his wife Faith still dealing drugs. When police are alerted to a violent argument at Wesley's home, they come prepared for trouble and end up using a stun gun on Wesley, not realising that Faith has already given him a blow to the head.

When Wesley suffers serious complications in the ED, Jordan and the team question the police involvement, straining relations between Jordan and his police officer partner Yvonne.

Meanwhile, Dylan and Sam are still at loggerheads, with Dylan refusing to sign the divorce papers if Sam persists in her plan to stay at Holby.

Their tensions reach a dangerous pitch and almost threaten the survival of a teenager, who is implicated in the persecution of a vulnerable man living on the estate.

Sam and Dylan better not divorce !
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Slightly OT but I've started watching the 2009 episodes of Casualty on Watch. Although not exactly classic, they've been really watchable and there are some very decent episodes in that series. I'm starting to appreciate it better the second time round.
  • highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Slightly OT but I've started watching the 2009 episodes of Casualty on Watch. Although not exactly classic, they've been really watchable and there are some very decent episodes in that series. I'm starting to appreciate it better the second time round.

Yep, I've been catching them for a few weeks. Great to see these episodes again. :)
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Yep, I've been catching them for a few weeks. Great to see these episodes again. :)

Indeed. I thought I'd hate watching these episodes again but I'm really liking it, despite the fact it's quite soapy sometimes.

It's great to have Casualty and The Bill on Watch so I can record them and watch them in the evenings.
This discussion has been closed.