Camera help

cheekycharliecheekycharlie Posts: 738
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi guys

This is a bit of a weird one but bear with me.

A neighbour up the road was told at the weekend that she is being spied on in her own home with hidden cameras by her next door neighbour and another neighbour opposite who she doesn't get on with. She had a good look round her house but couldn't find anything but the very thought shook her up.

My friend went up and took a look at the house and the party wall with the next door neighbour has some very tiny holes that you would miss if you didn't know they were there. Through a couple of these holes were some very tiny wires and my friend advised her to cut them off at the wall then block the holes up.

She is reporting this to the police and her local housing today but I just wondered if anyone knows anything about any such devices, how they work etc - anything she can give to the police/local authority to back up her claim. I don't think there was anything on the end of the wire but I'm not technically minded in this area so I don't know if they remotely pick up a signal perhaps. It may well be that whoever has poked the wires through from next door has just done bare wire to spook her a bit. With two little boys and one on the way she's not prepared to take any chances and has sent her sons to stay at her mum's up the road until this is sorted.

If anyone has any info I would be very grateful so I can pass it on.

CC

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    usually these things have a 9v battery and transmit on 2.4GHz to a base station. but there are 100s of types